TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it is on a number of sites designed to defray the cost of camping. One poster spent the whole season there as all he had to do was break camp and move every two weeks. It was free. Similar requirements to BLM sites. He did so the entire length of the beach. It is my supposition that the RV was used as a cook site for meth. Similar issues in the triangle area in California. Free camping but then a biker club rolls in, takes over for a week and then leaves. A very frightening story online about it. I never knew things like that existed. Boondocking is not in my future. Yes, in order to go into Mexican interior, you need the insurance and the whole shebang. But people in Del Rio, Brownsville, Del Rio, etc. all can cross easily. Many people live/work in both areas. El Paso is the same.
DH and I have decided never to boondock because of this incident and then reading this post. How frightening this is.

It is very sad and I can’t imagine the evil it takes or the type of greed that would be required to do this kind of thing. I went to the border of Arizona and Mexico, and there were little stations that sold you Mexican insurance. Nobody checked your vehicle but if you got pulled over on the way to the sea of Cortez, you would want to show them that you did actually have an insurance policy. I travel alone and all of these areas sound very lovely and attractive. I imagine this couple went down there thinking they’d spend a couple of weeks in a warm balmy place with lovely sand and water. There seem to be so many of these weird events, hiker deaths on the Appalachian Trail, the couple from British Columbia, etc.

It is very sad and I can’t imagine the evil it takes or the type of greed that would be required to do this kind of thing. I went to the border of Arizona and Mexico, and there were little stations that sold you Mexican insurance. Nobody checked your vehicle but if you got pulled over on the way to the sea of Cortez, you would want to show them that you did actually have an insurance policy. I travel alone and all of these areas sound very lovely and attractive. I imagine this couple went down there thinking they’d spend a couple of weeks in a warm balmy place with lovely sand and water. There seem to be so many of these weird events, hiker deaths on the Appalachian Trail, the couple from British Columbia, etc.
Sure, but camping on Padre Island is generally very safe. This is a very off event IMO. There are more questions than answers here.

I just hope they are okay. "Hope for the best, expect the worst" I've been checking for updates every few hours because it's just too sad. My husband and I and our chihuahua used to live in a camper when he worked on a pipeline and I guess that's why I feel connected to this couple, having fun and not expecting anything bad to happen. I pray that answers come soon and they are what everyone wants to hear

I just hope they are okay. "Hope for the best, expect the worst" I've been checking for updates every few hours because it's just too sad. My husband and I and our chihuahua used to live in a camper when he worked on a pipeline and I guess that's why I feel connected to this couple, having fun and not expecting anything bad to happen. I pray that answers come soon and they are what everyone wants to hear
Hubby and I have planned to RV on the East and West coasts eventually after he retires. We've camped all of our lives, as our parents camped before we were born, so we both let's just say were born campers. We love it.

It used to be a safe thing to do and for the most part, it still is. Yet, there's definitely more evil out there now than when we were growing up. Scary.

I feel for this family. They are frantic and scared.

Hi,
We really appreciate everyone taking a interest and coming forth with ideas and prayers.
for the resolution of our missing family members Michelle and James.
Thank you all for your continued support ...
I'm so sorry for what you are all going though. And for your missing family as well. My heart breaks for this loss. :(

Welcome to Websleuths @NH_Guy and thanks for joining us here.

I've seen questions about where was the person who stole the rv/truck between the time that Michelle and Jim's phones went silent and the date the driver was seen on video going thru the border check in Del Rio.
Maybe he was right there on the beach for those few days.
It's possible the thief(s) may not have driven anywhere else during the time the phone went silent, until he went to Del Rio.

I've seen questions about where was the person who stole the rv/truck between the time that Michelle and Jim's phones went silent and the date the driver was seen on video going thru the border check in Del Rio.
Maybe he was right there on the beach for those few days.
It's possible the thief(s) may not have driven anywhere else during the time the phone went silent, until he went to Del Rio.
That's one possibility. Another is that whatever happened didn't happen exactly on the last day they were heard from. Maybe they didn't contact family every single day. They weren't reported missing until Oct 23, so almost a week later before family involved LE. If what happened, happened on, say, the 19th or 20th, then that's only a day (couple days) before the truck and RV were seen crossing into Mexico.

Hi,
We really appreciate everyone taking a interest and coming forth with ideas and prayers.
for the resolution of our missing family members Michelle and James.
Thank you all for your continued support ...

I am so sorry for all of the worry and fear you and your family are going through. Continued thoughts and prayers heading your way.

These poor folks live about an hour north of me in NH. :( Nothing on the news around here, either, which is puzzling. I know they disappeared in Texas, but they are from New Hampshire.
I’ve noticed. Was removed from the front of wmur within a day or two, even when scrolling down through all of the stories. Still came up in a Search engine. Then again when a little more news broke.

That is such a shame, you think local papers would have something written about their dissapearance. There is a hunter lost in Utah missing from WV currently and I didn't hear about it until my cousins husband said he worked with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell