Thoughts on Daylight Saving Time...

I'm in the minority here but I love it and with we had it here year round. But I'm in AL and here on central time in the dead of winter it's dark by 5:00pm. I like for it to be daylight till 7:00 pm like it will be today! Happy dance!
I would prefer DST year around as well, the short evenings getting dark at 5:00 really mess with my circadian rhythm. Shorter days in winter are bad enough, especially for those with SAD such as myself.

I would prefer DST year around as well, the short evenings getting dark at 5:00 really mess with my circadian rhythm. Shorter days in winter are bad enough, especially for those with SAD such as myself.

I could be happy with year-round Daylight Time; switching back and forth twice a year is what I don't like. With DST, it might stay lighter in the late afternoon, but it is dark longer in the morning. Either way, winters in Michigan are cold, dark, and dreary.

You will have so many hours of daylight in the winter and the summer so what difference does it make to associate a time with it. Keep DST or get rid of it I don't care.

Daylight saving? Most Americans dislike twice-a-year time changes

Indianapolis – Most people across the country will see their clocks roll back an hour on Sund as nearly eight months of daylight saving time comes to an end. It is part of a twice-a-year ritual that most want to stop.

Seven in 10 Americans prefer not to switch back and forth to mark daylight saving time, a new poll shows. But there’s no agreement on which time clocks ought to follow...

You will have so many hours of daylight in the winter and the summer so what difference does it make to associate a time with it. Keep DST or get rid of it I don't care.

I really don't care one way or the other either. I personally prefer Standard, but I feel whatever it is it should remain year round.

I just wish it would be consistent, and not springing forward in the spring, and then falling an hour back in the fall.

Imo, it really isn't healthy biologically for humans to flip back, and forth.

Jmho

Saturday, March 13, 2021

It's that time again: Set your clocks, watches, timers ahead one hour tonight before you go to bed.

They recommend you also check and/or replace your batteries in your fire alarm sensor at this time too.

So do we plus our cars!!!

Thank goodness most of ours are computerized, and automatically resets when the time changes.

Now if I could only reset myself to the change that easily. Lol! I really dislike it when it changes in the spring, and fall.

Jmho

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288