NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the Senator, who I honestly believe is well intentioned, is going to turn this into a drama series. Stay tuned for the airing of dirty laundry of a young woman & mother in her very early 20’s.

We all see things differently. I can look at the new position/job conversation in a couple of ways here.

-The wife, perhaps out of anger, feeling hurt and embarrassment told HR not to hold his position. (Screw him, he walked off from me and his baby).

Or

-Telling HR not to hold his position is actually a professional courtesy. Perhaps if this is said, when he returns, he may have a second shot of rehire.

Now the Senator, who I honestly believe is well intentioned, is going to turn this into a drama series. Stay tuned for the airing of dirty laundry of a young woman & mother in her very early 20’s.

We all see things differently. I can look at the new position/job conversation in a couple of ways here.

-The wife, perhaps out of anger, feeling hurt and embarrassment told HR not to hold his position. (Screw him, he walked off from me and his baby).

Or

-Telling HR not to hold his position is actually a professional courtesy. Perhaps if this is said, when he returns, he may have a second shot of rehire.
This is exactly what I thought too.

The wife is the one who from the beginning said he would never walk away from his family or his son. She has from the beginning said she thought something happened to him. LE needs to look at everything but not sure they are. Little towns in Nebraska don't have much in resources and if they won't let other LE come in that's not good.

Or

Why not ask to hold his position, explaining he is missing and there is an ongoing search for him?

Article from yesterday says the friend, Matt Miller, is leading a search.
Search continues for Englebert, donations welcome

I find it very annoying that local news has stopped reporting on this case.

And this is my opinion only, but I archived another Gehring case (Juliette Guerts) where prosecutors, police did nothing until her aunt got media attention including Inside Edition to cover the case. Anyways, my opinion of them is low. They have not even interviewed or returned calls from the golf course employees who witnessed the fight.

Should it be troubling that she sent a neighbor over to grab the phone before Matt got there to get it?

3 troubling things...
Death certificate before body is found (not going to happen)
Telling them to let go of the job-hold
The cell phone on her porch in Moorcroft.
I wonder if LE ever got that cell phone that was on the porch.

I've been suspicious all along, but I just don't know who I am suspicious of, know what I mean?

I'm sure some of the statements on the podcast by his family were very hurtful, maybe even shocking. There was definitely a cast of suspicion put on her by the mom. She's very young, has a little one. Her family is probably going to close ranks around her.
And her family will close ranks even tighter around her if they know what happened and are protecting her.

The wife is the one who from the beginning said he would never walk away from his family or his son. She has from the beginning said she thought something happened to him. LE needs to look at everything but not sure they are. Little towns in Nebraska don't have much in resources and if they won't let other LE come in that's not good.
Yes, but if a wife wants police to believe she/her family had nothing to do with any disappearance, of course she’s going to say that. And even mean it, because I don’t think he was the type to walk away from his family. But she has cast suspicion that “something happened” to him after he walked away from the house alone and neither she nor her family members have any idea whatsoever what happened to him.

Unless LE isn’t even trying, they have to know what’s up in this situation, but it may be that until they find a body they can’t prove anything.

I’ve followed a lot of cases. This one bothers me a lot. Without going into too much of my life story, let’s just say the fast moving relationship with baby, a few arguments about family....his lifestyle & friends hits home.
I went to Chance’s Facebook & his friends comments are exactly how my SO friends comment on his stuff. I would describe my SO as hard working (family farm) with outside employment also...extremely close to his family (I often feel left out of what is going on which causes petty arguments)... LOTS of friends...some drinking buddies & would drop anything to help any one of them.
I cried listening to the podcast. two things really bother me...
1) I’m 10+ years older than his wife. My father passed last year. I’m an only child & my father wasn’t married. The funeral home gave me the death certificate & I remember going back & asking what I was supposed to do with it. I personally have a hard time thinking she knew anything about a death certificate. Someone told her she needed it...IMO. The thought of someone telling me that about my SO early on if he was missing would upset me so bad.
2) I can get my daughter in her grandmas house & handed off fairly quickly to get to work everyday..even including a spill of last feeding, what all is packed in her bag, etc. So, I struggle understanding how he got so far when she returned to a car to try to find him walking after handing off the baby ...unless she didn’t go after him...& that’s fine if she didn’t, but I think she should say that. All my opinion.

Should it be troubling that she sent a neighbor over to grab the phone before Matt got there to get it?

3 troubling things...
Death certificate before body is found (not going to happen)
Telling them to let go of the job-hold
The cell phone on her porch in Moorcroft.

Why a death certificate?
- life insurance
- access to bank/financial accounts
- wants to remarry
- accessing certain benefits

Chance was seen later on surveillance video walking. Which lines up with the wife’s statement that he walked off on foot.

Walk me through a scenario where this 20 something woman caught up with him, murdered him & has been successful covering it up?

Why not ask to hold his position, explaining he is missing and there is an ongoing search for him?

I then fall back on my first statement. Perhaps she was PO’d that he walked off “don’t even bother holding his job”. Maybe she was a being jerk but that doesn’t make her guilty of murdering her husband.

Why a death certificate?
- life insurance
- wants to remarry
Accessing certain benefits, like death benefits for the baby would makes sense and I am sure finances are a concern for a 20 year old new mom with no spousal support. I do feel it was a a bit early to make this request without further evidence. Is a familial DNA test required to prove the child is Chance’s biological child in a case like this prior to being able to obtain death benefits?
MOO

Why a death certificate?
- life insurance
- wants to remarry

Yes to notifying insurance companies, applying for the deceased SS (or other) benefits, removing deceased's name off of joint property ownership, car note, CC, phone account, etc., remarriage, etc.

Death certificate will not get you into a bank account unless your name is on it in case of death. You have to either be named as the heir to it in a will or be named an estate administrator.

Also, I am shocked that she would ask for a death certificate so soon. I had same thought as someone upthread, that possibly someone told her to ask for it. But here is my thing....Why would anyone think that a death certificate would be that easy to get in a case like this and why would anyone think that LE would issue that? That is not how it works even in a case where a body is located. None of that makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth