PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for sharing. What a kind and strong son you have. It takes strength for an 8 year old to share that with his parents. You must be a wonderful parent for him to feel safe and secure sharing that with you.
When my son was 14 he nervously, hesitantly, and crying, told me that he was gay. I was one of those parents that had no idea (he had a girlfriend in middle school, dated, etc.). He's my world. I love him and couldn't care less. I just worry about his safety. He's now an adult but when he was applying to colleges, I found an entrance letter he had written on his computer. He explained the bullying and torment he experienced in middle school. I had no idea and my heart was broken. It's still broken to this day because of the guilt I feel for not knowing what he was going through during those middle school years. I know my son's situation isn't the same as your son but I truly believe your son will grow up and be a happy and content man.
As far as this case, I completely agree with you. I don't believe for a second that this young boy thought up this plan, grabbed the dog leash, chairs, his sister, and effectively executed all of this. No way. MOO

Please give him a hug from Gitana1. I went through the same in middle school. Actually 6th through 9th. Got through it strong and learned to fight. But when I hear of a child enduring the same it hurts my heart.

Good morning all!

Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to the hanging mechanism used.

I'm struggling to visualize how an 8 year old would be able to kick the chair out from under his little sister from three feet away.

Another thing I don't understand is how he could do everything that would need to be done without the mom even knowing it? Wouldn't taking the two chairs down to the basement make noise, and time to do the looping mechanism to get it just right for them both to hang themselves?

If he had already put his mom on notice forewarning her he wanted to commit suicide, and didn't want to do it alone wouldn't she be on heightened alert to make sure she took all precautions to prevent it?

Imo, when something doesn't make any logic, and common sense how something is said to have happened there is a valid reason to question it. Most cases are really pretty simplistic, and straight forward. This one is not by any means.

The deaths of these two very young children, and how they both died, and why, supposedly, leaves far more unanswered explainable questions than answers.

I pray in LEs ongoing investigation they find the true answers for these two dead children for both deserve no less.

Jmhoo

Yes I mean if I heard my kids carrying on and moving furniture around I’d probably either ignore it or yell, “What are you doing now?”

But if I heard my suicidal child moving furniture I’d be running.

As a family member of a recipient - I would also like to see a MSM link - our information was never divulged and we only knew of the donor's age - and wrote a letter to the family without knowing the name to thank them for their gift. The entire process was very private. Maybe things have a changed now?

I saw the post. She 100% detailed everything about the donors- ages, conditions and organs received -except the names.

There is a new post on mom's FB page, calling the children heroes due to their organ donation. Brinley's heart was given to a young boy, her liver to a woman in her 20s, and her kidneys to a woman in her 60s and a woman in her 70s. Conner's liver was given to a teenage girl, kidneys to a man in his 60s and a man in his 30s. His heart valves may be used to correct ventricular dysfunction in children and adults.

Bumping this.

I think in a murderer’s mind it is also imperative to successful staging to have the kids still in place, chairs still overturned. Because they aren’t normal, such a person wouldn’t realize that the staging is in itself a red flag. In a real suicide scene at least one chair would be upright as mom frantically tried to get her kids down. Unless she had a ladder right there that she used it or something. But I would think you’d grab the first thing as close to the kids as possible. Which would be the chairs they stood on.

Like always, I couldn't agree with you more.

Jmho

Please give him a hug from Gitana1. I went through the same in middle school. Actually 6th through 9th. Got through it strong and learned to fight. But when I hear of a child enduring the same it hurts my heart.
Awe... Gitana1 thank YOU so much for the kind and encouraging words. It means so much to me. :) I’m happy to hear it made you stronger and you learned to fight. Others may disagree with this, but he needs to be able to defend himself/fight. MOO

Ya’ll. Read this. Super interesting about investigative panels reviewing the case, the DA being involved, etc.

Albany Township mystery child deaths to be reviewed by special panels

Thank you for the link.

I don't think this is a surprise to many of us, but I'm elated for both children they are taking their deaths very seriously.

Many of us have said it just doesn't make logical sense this was a murder/suicide by her 8 year old as said by their mother. Imo, it doesn't make sense to the investigators either.

Btw, has anyone spoken to the media that knew the little boy, and family personally saying they also believe the mother's account? Has her own community come out in support of this mom?

The reason I asked is often if the community is supportive or not it can give us a small glimpse of how they feel collectively overall about whether they believe her story or not.

Are these death panels more or less like a coroner's inquest, and investigations? Don't they usually do a victimology autopsy as well?

I remember it took 7 months for the ME to classify Lana Clarkson death was due to homicidal violence. Phil Spector was later found guilty of her murder.

At the completion of these panel investigations will decide if charges should be filed or not don't you think?

I will read the link now, but I wanted to ask your professional opinions first. TIA!

Jmho

Last edited:
Thank you for the link.

I don't think this is a surprise to many of us, but I'm elated for both children they are taking their deaths very seriously.

Many of us have said it just doesn't make logical sense this was a murder/suicide by her 8 year old as said by their mother. Imo, it doesn't make sense to the investigators either.

Btw, has anyone spoken to the media that knew the little boy, and family personally saying they also believe the mother's account? Has her own community come out in support of this mom?

The reason I asked is often if the community is supportive or not it can give us a small glimpse of how they feel collectively overall about whether they believe her story or not.

Are these death panels more or less like a coroner's inquest, and investigations? Don't they usually do a victimology autopsy as well?

I remember it took 7 months for the ME to classify Lana Clarkson death was due to homicidal violence. Phil Spector was later found guilty of her murder.

At the completion of these panel investigations will decide if charges should be filed or not don't you think?

I will read the link now, but I wanted to ask your professional opinions first. TIA!

Jmho

I’m not sure how it works in their jurisdiction, frankly. It’s sounds similar to a coroner’s inquest. But it was interesting that they reassess every 30 days with new info. Sounds a bit like a grand jury but with professionals. So it could go on for awhile.

Not one word of support has surfaced. Someone posted that no one even sees shrines at the house to the kids. Nothing. They had a beautiful vigil for the children. Brother was there. Mother was not.

It’s like they’re grieving apart from her and not including her. That’s telling to me.

BTW, do you know why it was 7 months for Lana Clarkson? What went on during that time period?

Where did you see that in the article? I got the exact opposite impression.

When I saw the quote "head-scratcher" used to describe the case, my little brain just interpreted it that way. Head-scratcher suggests puzzlement (to me)... As if authorities found the case problematic. I understand their explanation about the problems LE has balancing grief of the family while continuing to investigate, but describing it as a head-scratcher just didn't seem to be the words I wanted to see/read.

Last edited:
I initially though that. It appears from my research that she was a seller online quite a bit. It’s a job for her apparently. After the kids died she may have tried to sell an inflatable pool. Other than that we do not know the dates she tried to sell her children's items. Some are saying it was previous to the deaths.

What I do know due to a screenshot is that someone on the site where she was selling confronted her for selling after her kids were dead. She angrily replied that it was to raise money for funeral costs.

I lived in this area for several years and my experience was that the community gathered around and supported those in need - and would especially for a child’s funeral.
The VFW, neighborhood pub and Fire Houses were always raising money. They even offered me money to fly home for a unexpected family funeral and I was not born and raised there.
JMO

I’m not sure how it works in their jurisdiction, frankly. It’s sounds similar to a coroner’s inquest. But it was interesting that they reassess every 30 days with new info. Sounds a bit like a grand jury but with professionals. So it could go on for awhile.

Not one word of support has surfaced. Someone posted that no one even sees shrines at the house to the kids. Nothing. They had a beautiful vigil for the children. Brother was there. Mother was not.

I'm hoping that one of the purposes of the investigative panel is to examine whether or not there was a failure on the part of Child Protection Services that may have contributed to the childrens' deaths.

I'm hoping that one of the purposes of the investigative panel is to examine whether or not there was a failure on the part of Child Protection Services that may have contributed to the childrens' deaths.

Well it looks like they did not have an open case at the time of the deaths so unless there were reports they ignored...

It’s like they’re grieving apart from her and not including her. That’s telling to me.

BTW, do you know why it was 7 months for Lana Clarkson? What went on during that time period?

Thank you for replying.

I remember in the LC case the ME did what he called a victimology autopsy beyond the physical autopsy.

It was done by retracing her history combined with what LEs investigation was uncovering in their ongoing investigation. The ME worked in tandem with the investigators.

The more they learned added to the length of time it took for the ME to determine her death was a homicide, and not a suicide as PS tried to claim.

It was the culmination of all facts, including the victimology autopsy, physical body evidence, and all other evidence found in LEs investigation.

Jmhoo

Thank you for replying.

I remember in the LC case the ME did what he called a victimology autopsy beyond the physical autopsy.

It was done by retracing her history combined with what LEs investigation was uncovering in their ongoing investigation. The ME worked in tandem with the investigators.

The more they learned added to the length of time it took for the ME to determine her death was a homicide, and not a suicide as PS tried to claim.

It was the culmination of all facts, including the victimology autopsy, physical body evidence, and all other evidence found in LEs investigation.

Jmhoo

I’m thinking they may do the same here. Two different panels. They may do different things. I’m just glad they’re spending so much time and professional effort into it. And that they have the ability to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46