PA PA - Monroe Twp, 'Penny Doe', WhtFem 20-40, 246UFPA, near RR trestle, Rt leg broken, Jul'90

I haven't heard anything new, and I've spent a lot of time pretending to "work" at work going through NamUs and other sites trying to vary the search options but it just seems like it's all a dead end. I truly think that if her DNA could be ran through some sort of ancestry site we could at least find a relative....I feel like that is the best chance and biggest hope.…..

Krvrobel if LE is reknowned for being difficult, could you try the angle of doing a "joint flyer" and maybe feature a number of their outstanding cases. Would that give you a chance to talk direct to the LE officer/s whose names are on this case? Make the approach more about collaboration and less about "you guys have failed on this one". It must be hard being LE and not being able to find answers when that's what you train to do.

Bumping for Penny Doe

I called in to the Gray Hughes Investigates channel on YouTube about Penny Doe earlier. He does fantastic work on cases. Even if Gray can't do an episode about Penny Doe - I was grateful for the opportunity to send attention to her case.
Those of you here on Websleuths that have kept Penny Doe's case active and have put time & effort in finding her identity. Thank you. There are so many great minds on this site and those who truly want to help victims. :)
I keep hoping she will have her name back.
Anyone who comes here after listening to Gray Hughes' show - Thank you for caring.

I do know who the 4 children are. One for sure, as I am friends with her on Facebook. She has nightmares about founding this poor girl. She was 7 yrs. Old. Sorry I am new to this page, but think it's time to give this girl her name back. But i don't think it's best to post the children's names here as it may cause unwanted attention to them. Do a Facebook search for Penny Doe you will probably be able to find a couple of the kids now adults. We all went to Clarion Schools together.

MamaJuJu,

I'm a little concerned about information that I put out way back in 2008 or 2007 (at the beginning of the thread) It's about the location of the body. I have contacted a YouTube channel (Gray Hughes Investigates) to see if he could maybe highlight Penny Doe's case. He asked me to gather information on her and email it to him.

I noticed some discrepancies in the later information vs what came out early in the case. On the Namus site The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) They have a map that shows a Railroad trestle - the trestle in the picture is where T526 meets 2014 - right off of State Road #68. All early information has stated that Penny Doe was found off of Township Road #535 (Lawrence Road) face down in a creek bed by a railroad trestle (some say Railroad bed).

Back when we took the pictures ( my boyfriend & I), we drove all along T#535, we then parked the car and walked all along the railroad bed that runs alongside that road. T#535 isn't a very long road, it's quite short - it comes off of #2014 (Brooks Road) and then intersects with Rockpit Road and #2012. The only place where the Railroad bed (off of T#535) went over parts of Piney Creek didn't have a trestle, it was more of a "tunnel' - almost perpendicular with a clear cut for the Electric company's poles & lines.

If it wouldn't be too traumatic for your friend, could you ask her to look at Penny Doe's Myspace pictures, just to be sure that is the correct location?
Penny Doe Photos on Myspace
I understand if she doesn't want to look at them, I just hate the thoughts of having put out misinformation if that is what happened. I had never heard or read anything different until seeing that picture on Namus. That trestle isn't on Township Road#535 (Lawrence Road).

I want to notify the moderators to Delete my very early link to the Myspace pictures if your friend will verify it is wrong. I care deeply about Penny Doe and her identity. I don't want to keep false information out there - she needs all of our help with correct facts. I'm very, very concerned about this issue. To any and all that read this thread, I apologize ahead of time if I didn't sleuth enough - Penny deserves better.:(

(I better email Gray, again, too - poor guy, he'll be so glad to not receive any more of my rambling emails );)

Thank you, (edited to add: I don't have a Facebook or I could contact her personally. I seriously want to rectify this if wrong)

Last edited:
I noticed some discrepancies in the later information vs what came out early in the case. On the Namus site The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) They have a map that shows a Railroad trestle - the trestle in the picture is where T526 meets 2014 - right off of State Road #68. All early information has stated that Penny Doe was found off of Township Road #535 (Lawrence Road) face down in a creek bed by a railroad trestle (some say Railroad bed).

Hello Talisman. It's always good to see you come back in and check on Penny Doe. :)

I really don't put much stock in the maps they have on NamUs. I'm not sure I've ever seen one that's truly accurate. Take Beth Doe, for instance. They've got gps coordinates when you open the map and it shows she was found at Bridge St/Berwick St (Rt 940) & River Road, not about 1/2 mile downriver under the I-80 bridge. Close but no cigar.

You've actually been to where Penny Doe was found. That's the info Gray Hughes should use.

CCJD,

Thank you for replying. :)

I'm really hopeful for Penny Doe to get her identity back with all of the DNA technology now!! :) :) It's been so long ago that she was found. She is still in my thoughts and heart every day.

I did email Gray Hughes again to explain the location on the NAMUS site (wanted him to know that he probably shouldn't use my photos - I figured if it's on NAMUS they're legit pictures - I didn't know they didn't have Beth Doe's location correct) Gray was great about it & my rambling emails :)

Can't personally go out to Penny Doe's body location area anymore (Boyfriend died of a massive stroke & I'm disabled now).
Funny, when I first found Websleuth - was in awe of the posters & actually lurked around reading for a LONG time. Finally joined, learned how the site worked and posted for awhile, just to get enough courage to start a thread for Penny Doe. I had noticed that the Unidentified Persons that had 'names' seemed to get more traffic. Instead of Unidentified Female Clarion County, Pa - I thought 'what can I call her to make other posters read her thread?' Penny Doe sounded perfect to me - with the two pennies in her pocket & being found in Pennsylvania. I've been so excited over the years to see the thread grow in posts. Any attention is wonderful!!!

Thanks goes out to you, too, CCJD, you have dropped in and posted on this thread many times. :) Thank you for always caring about Penny!

Oh, my Talisman. I'm so sorry about your boyfriend and your own health issues. I always looked forward to your posts and was truly touched when you made the trek out to the trestle. When I had my PA Missing site (just took it down this past June after 15 years), I was going to ask you if I could use your pics of the area on my site but that was when you really fell off the radar. I did have a mention of you on the site, though. See the attached.

Attachments

• pamissing penny doe.JPG
    pamissing penny doe.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 23
Oh, my Talisman. I'm so sorry about your boyfriend and your own health issues. I always looked forward to your posts and was truly touched when you made the trek out to the trestle. When I had my PA Missing site (just took it down this past June after 15 years), I was going to ask you if I could use your pics of the area on my site but that was when you really fell off the radar. I did have a mention of you on the site, though. See the attached.

Oh My Gosh!!
That was you that had that site? I've sent so many friends & relatives to that site :) Yours was the first website that I was going to send to Gray Hughes & I couldn't find it, didn't know that it was now gone. Just this May I sent a link to one of my best and lifelong friends (since 7th grade :)) I emailed Gray that it was just up this spring, but couldn't find it in searches, now. (Lol! it was the only way I could ever prove that I named her Penny Doe. You actually thanked 'Talisman' for naming her that on your site) All of the newer articles say that the Police or Detectives named her that at the beginning of their investigation. Well, anyway, it really doesn't matter - as I said to Gray - I'm just glad she gets attention and that she someday gets her identity back.

I can't thank you enough for keeping that website up and active for so long. The dedication you've shown over the years was beyond what many would do, including me - all I did was make a thread on a website. You worked hard on so many different cases and brought awareness to probably more people than you know. You deserve accolades for your perseverance to help bringing light to so many victims. Funny, I've never known who you were, but have had so much respect for you! (and Tim Miller of EquuSearch, JohnWalsh - high, high esteem for those men) Take care, CCJD, you have done such a wonderful thing with your time here on earth. Not many would have done what you have over the years. It was very selfless and awe inspiring! Wish I had a penchant for words - I cannot describe my appreciation.

I send you my love! :)

What about this girl? I realize it’s a stretch but a few things shouted out to me. Jennifer Wynat, last seen June 28,1980. (I know, 10 years).
She was 21 when she went missing, making her 31 in 1990. *Fits if you go by the 20-40 age range.
Height- 5’3 *Ive seen different heights for Penny Doe listed but one was 5’1-5’3 I think.
Weight- 125 *again fits for others listed other than NamUs.
Hair- Long Brown hair ***
Pant size- 9-11*** jane doe wearing size 9 Jeans.
Teeth- front right tooth is chipped *** jane does front right tooth is chipped as well. Doesn’t mention anything else though with her teeth.
Here is an article on how children in Tennessee had less decay on their teeth because of the flouride in their water pre 1980: State of Tennessee Releases Statement on the importance of Fluoride in water

thoughts? Again I know it’s a long shot, just thought a few too many things lined up to overlook it

Since Doe Network still lists the Clarion County Coroner's Office as a contact for Penny, I thought this might be of interest ...

"CLARION BOROUGH, Pa. (EYT) – BREAKING NEWS: An investigation is underway after the body of Clarion County Coroner Randall Stom was found on Tuesday morning in Clarion Borough.

According to police, 56-year-old Randall Stom, of Clarion, was found unresponsive on the 400 block of Grant Street between 4th Avenue and Jefferson Place in Clarion Borough.

He was transported by Clarion Hospital Ambulance to Clarion Hospital Emergency Room.

He was later pronounced deceased at Clarion Hospital."

BREAKING NEWS: Clarion County Coroner Found Dead; Investigation Underway

Tracy Kroh
Missing 8/5/89
Dauphin County, PA
Someone should check. Her height and age match. Also PA so close to Penny Doe location

According to NamUs, Tracy Kroh has been ruled out.

Edit: Whoops, already posted. That'll teach me to check out the full thread first. I know there has been some action lately in the Tracy Kroh case, though. A former acquaintance has been caught lying about his possible involvement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back