Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that bothers me about snapchatting X is the auto delete. When I had made crushes on people in my youth, I would have wanted to keep and analyse every honeyed communication from the object of my misplaced affection.

I am wondering if X gave her his phone and then used a family member’s phone himself. So analysis of his bill would look like messages between him and family whereas analysis of the pattern could fit with him and affair. But then again he may not be bright enough for in depth thinking like that (no reflection on Leah).

Where is Leah, X?

Am I the only individual who doesn’t think Leah’s family seem THAT concerned? In articles I’ve read, it’s always given the impression her parents believe she’s dead. I’m not saying they’re to blame for anything but I don’t know, I’d just sort of think surely they’d hold out hope for as long as possible and be desperate to have her home? I definitely think there’s some inside family knowledge that we don’t know about.

LillyGrace, your view is interesting as it’s pretty much the opposite of my view. I imagine they were advised by the police to hold back the information about X. I felt that they were therefore appealing for her to come home but yet there was, imo, more likely a crime had been committed and maybe the average person was not aware of the urgency. I think maybe the situation was complicated a little by her age. Had she been a ‘child’ then it may have been appealed differently. I am not in MK so I have only been following the case online. Had it not been for the internet I would be unlikely to know about it at all, which has always bothered me (not that I need to know, but that there may be other members of the public who don’t realise that they are sitting on info that could be helpful).
I hope at some point soon there is some kind of a breakthrough.

I have to admit I also found the parents' demeanour a little odd in the early stages. However, in hindsight this I think is explained by them being restricted in what they could say (added to no doubt overwhelming grief and fear). Apart from anything impacting on the investigation, they also had to leave the door open for Leah to be able to return, if she left voluntarily. It is frustrating that they emphasized so heavily on everything being "normal" in those early pressers, when it obviously wasn't. I wonder when they found out that Leah had not been with the friend on the 14th? That must have been a pivotal moment.

I follow Leah’s sister on Instagram and I don’t know, I just find the whole thing very odd. I compare this case to the Libby Squire case, where Libby’s parents were DESPERATE to find her, the agony could be felt by all of us who witnessed the case unfold. Here in Leah’s case, we see her sister all glammed up on various news channels giving interviews about how this is so unlike Leah, then we read about how her parents have sort of assumed she’s dead and not coming home. I don’t know, I just don’t sense the urgency from them. My mind takes me on the path of perhaps they weren’t a close knit family, perhaps Leah had some sort of fued with her family, that her disappearance hasnt come as a complete shock. There’s definitely something they know that we don’t. And it baffles me.

I follow Leah’s sister on Instagram and I don’t know, I just find the whole thing very odd. I compare this case to the Libby Squire case, where Libby’s parents were DESPERATE to find her, the agony could be felt by all of us who witnessed the case unfold. Here in Leah’s case, we see her sister all glammed up on various news channels giving interviews about how this is so unlike Leah, then we read about how her parents have sort of assumed she’s dead and not coming home. I don’t know, I just don’t sense the urgency from them. My mind takes me on the path of perhaps they weren’t a close knit family, perhaps Leah had some sort of fued with her family, that her disappearance hasnt come as a complete shock. There’s definitely something they know that we don’t. And it baffles me.
Maybe it’s just their way of coping and maybe it comes across wrong. I imagine there are distraught but holding it together for the camera. I sort of wonder if they are hoping by what they are saying that someone will let their guard down and let something crucial slip...

Both locations are so close to her home. I wonder why she told her parents one hotel and then went to another? It is not like they dropped her off at a friend's house and then she secretly went to a hotel? The hotel being so close got me thinking again about Leah maybe being stood up on Valentine's day. Her parents said she walked but she could have caught a cab around the corner and went to the hotel. Maybe the person she was meeting could not make it so she went home. That would certainly make her very upset. That we know of communications were not found on her phone, so I think her parents are correct she probably used Snapchat because the messages are auto deleted and cannot be recovered by Snapchat. I wonder if Mr. X was one of her Snapchat friends? A family member or someone who is Snapchat friends with Leah could see her list of Snapchat friends from their app.

Does anyone remember if Leah's demeanor was mentioned when she returned home on February 14th? I do not recall if it was mentioned. Another thought is Snapchat shares your location. It appears Mr. X may be smart enough to turn that off but if he did not maybe Leah saw him on the map that night and went to see what he was doing?

I do not know, I am crazy with thoughts today with this new information! ALL MOO MOO MOO MOO!

Regarding Snapchat... snapchats are retrievable after auto deletion with the right software. Incidentally, today there was an article in the paper about a murder plot in the states, where they naively thought Snapchat was a fail safe option. Woman plotted husband's death over Snapchat assuming evidence would be deleted

Im sure TVP have access to the relevant software in their Digital Forensics lab and if not, many neighbouring forces will most likely use it.

<modsnip>

I would love a family member to join up as a VI. I'm sure there are some huge pieces of this puzzle missing which could legally be discussed if only we had access to them
I think the court case against Leah's brother obviously stopped the family saying too much but I certainly cannot understand why this recent info has only just come out. Why would police want that withheld? It's clearly very important.

Regarding Snapchat... snapchats are retrievable after auto deletion with the right software. Incidentally, today there were an article in the paper about a murder plot in the states, where they naively thought Snapchat was a fail safe option. Woman plotted husband's death over Snapchat assuming evidence would be deleted

Im sure TVP have access to the relevant software in their Digital Forensics lab and if not, many neighbouring forces will most likely use it.

Thank you for the information. I did some research but all I could find were apps could be added to your phone to retrieve snapchats but knowing her phone was not accessible, I did not think there was any other way! So this makes me feel better that maybe LE was able to retrieve Leah’s Snaps.

Regarding Snapchat... snapchats are retrievable after auto deletion with the right software. Incidentally, today there was an article in the paper about a murder plot in the states, where they naively thought Snapchat was a fail safe option. Woman plotted husband's death over Snapchat assuming evidence would be deleted

But wouldn't you need to have possession of the phone to retrieve any data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn