TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
James & Michelle Butler: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Reposting:
Here is the timeline of when James and Michelle Butler were last seen, according to the Finding Michelle & James Butler Facebook Page:

• October 14: Checking out of Padre Balli Campground
  • October 15: Last Facebook post was setting up on Burners Beach near Corpus Christi, Texas
  • October 15: Michelle last spoke to her son.
  • October 16: Last known text.
  • October 17: Missed a scheduled Facetime with their granddaughter to see her open a package they sent from Flour Bluff.
  • October 19: Camper last seen on Burners Beach without their truck.
  • October 21: RV and truck were gone. GPS devices could not detect their vehicles.

BBM
DLL, James Butler’s sister, posted on Facebook that the Butlers’ truck and trailer were seen crossing the border into Mexico. She said that Kleberg County has the footage and told her that the person driving the truck was not James Butler.

The surveillance footage has not been released publicly, and details about which checkpoint the video was seen at have also not been released. The Kleberg County Sheriff’s Department has not answered Heavy’s questions about the case nor answered questions about where the surveillance footage was taken.

WMUR reported that investigators confirmed the Chevy Silverado and Cedar Creek Camper were seen on surveillance footage crossing a border checkpoint into Mexico between October 20-October 21. The missing persons report was filed on October 23.
How did WMUR confirm it? Why is LE sitting on this surveillance footage? This is very curious to me. I can recall other cases where footage was released PDQ. Why not this time?

How did WMUR confirm it? Why is LE sitting on this surveillance footage? This is very curious to me. I can recall other cases where footage was released PDQ. Why not this time?

I worry that LE knows this is cartel activity and doesn't want to expose what they know about them at this time.

It doesn't seem like they are asking for the public to view photos or report any suspicious incidents. Almost as if they have some really important information they don't want revealed.

I have the feeling LE is very interested in who was on Border Crossing duty at the time that truck and trailer crossed the Border....moo

Last edited:
Speaking of WMUR And BBM

Officials look for man seen driving vehicle belonging to NH couple killed in Texas

Investigators in Texas are looking for a "person of interest" seen driving the vehicle belonging to a couple from Rumney who were found dead outside Corpus Christi last week.

The bodies of James Butler, 48, and his wife, Michelle, 46, were found on Padre Island last week. Their deaths have been ruled homicides.

Garza said officials plan to release additional information at a news conference on Monday.

Is it true that there's only one way for vehicles to access North Padre beach, and that is through Padre Balli Park?
View attachment 213039

No. There is another entrance accessible from park road 22, just before the fee station at the National Park (labeled bollards on my map). And anyone with a key to the gate can access it from the National Park.

Attachments

• bollards.png
    bollards.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
  • bollards2.png
    bollards2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Breaks my heart even more to think of those poor frightened animals. It’s such a horrendously sad story.

Horrible. :(

Their beloved fur babies, their little home on wheels, taking them to their next adventure... their dream life. All taken from them. I can only imagine the terror and sadness in their last minutes. Heart breaking.

:(

I'd also like to thank not.a.muggle for the really insightful posts about this area and the discussion about the National Park borders and ranger patrols.

I'd also thank not.a.muggle for these really insightful posts about this specific area and the relationship of the RV lot, the pier, and the PINS.

I'm a bit confused, though. Their trailer was parked south of the pier, correct? And yet it's called North Beach?

And there is a paved road, Park Road 22 that goes from the area south into PINS. Can you drive along the beach into PINS? And where is milepost 0? Is it on Park Road 22?

I guess I'm a little confused about how far south is safe and when it actually becomes the unpatrolled dangerous area.

And thanks for the birding support. I'd love to get to PINS for birding, but this episode makes me a bit queasy and I'd certainly only go with an established group

Good question about North Beach. It's called that because it's north of PINS. Perhaps that's just what the Park people call it? Anyway, it's the stretch of beach where all of this went down.

Park road 22 starts at the JFK Causeway Bridge and goes to MM 0, inside the Park. You can't drive from Bob Hall Pier into PINS without a gate key, but you can drive south from the Pier, go out an access road to park road 22, and re-access the beach in the Park. There is a section of closed beach between the access road and MM 0 that goes in front of the turtle lab, the visitors center, and law enforcement.

I didn't mean to make the Park sound dangerous, it's just that people keep referring to the bowl as desolate and I was trying to get across that I would expect this activity south of the MM 0, not near the Pier. Park rangers patrol the closed beach and south of MM 0, but they aren't driving down to the 60 (Mansfield Channel) unless they get a call to. I've been out there countless times on my own and never felt unsafe. County beach workers patrol everything north of the beach, but I don't think they are cops like the Park rangers and I doubt they are out there at night. They are more like visitor patrol (telling people to leash their dogs, stop speeding, etc.).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.27.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 5.27.47 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
My dream is to live in a RV. I still plan on it. Yes I will travel but mainly park it in one of my kids backyards :)
I'm so sad for this family, imma be armed tho, know that.

Reposting:
Here is the timeline of when James and Michelle Butler were last seen, according to the Finding Michelle & James Butler Facebook Page:

• October 14: Checking out of Padre Balli Campground
  • October 15: Last Facebook post was setting up on Burners Beach near Corpus Christi, Texas
  • October 15: Michelle last spoke to her son.
  • October 16: Last known text.
  • October 17: Missed a scheduled Facetime with their granddaughter to see her open a package they sent from Flour Bluff.
  • October 19: Camper last seen on Burners Beach without their truck.
  • October 21: RV and truck were gone. GPS devices could not detect their vehicles.
Quoting myself as I notice Oct 17. Package sent from Flour Bluff. I found it on the map and it's sort of off island. More people they came in contact with - USPS or UPS?
خرائط ‪Google

ETA Found a PO there.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/United+States+Postal+Service/@27.6677998,-97.2956741,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xcedb1f318931a6b6!8m2!3d27.6677995!4d-97.2869193‬‏‏

That's what I was saying to myself last weekend. I've had tears ever since.
I want to help if possible though. So I'm sticking with it.

I’m really upset now and can’t Stop thinking about this. :( :( Terrible, terrible, gosh I find the perp. The Mexico aspect is troubling as far as an arrest, but I just saw a Forensic Files where the perp was hiding out in Mexico. The arresting Agent said, “I remember when I first saw him at the bar in Mexico drinking a beer. 10 minutes later he was in custody being taken back over the border. It all happened so fast I don’t think he knew what hit him.” May that be the case here, pleeeease.

ETA:
My dream is to live in a RV. I still plan on it. Yes I will travel but mainly park it in one of my kids backyards :)
I'm so sad for this family, imma be armed tho, know that.

Yeah I think about the RV thing a lot too.

They may have been armed too, especially if he was ex military, but if one is caught off guard...:(

I’m really upset now and can’t thinking about this. :( :( Terrible, terrible, gosh I find the perp. The Mexico aspect is troubling as far as an arrest, but I just saw a Forensic Files where the perp was hiding out in Mexico. The arresting Agent said, “I remember when I first saw him at the bar in Mexico drinking a beer. 10 minutes later he was in custody being taken back over the border. It all happened so fast I don’t think he knew what hit him.” May that be the case here, pleeeease.
Well they do have his image on camera. I also hope beyond hope that helps to catch this subhuman.

Quoting myself as I notice Oct 17. Package sent from Flour Bluff. I found it on the map and it's sort of off island. More people they came in contact with - USPS or UPS?
خرائط ‪Google

ETA Found a PO there.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/United+States+Postal+Service/@27.6677998,-97.2956741,14z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xcedb1f318931a6b6!8m2!3d27.6677995!4d-97.2869193‬‏‏

I lived in the Bluff, about a mile and a half from that PO (and I went there a few days before that). I left Texas on Oct. 17th. The Bluff is known for its bad side, but I don't think it was someone from there. I think it was drug runners.

What will this subhuman/s likely do with the truck and RV? Guess a lot will depend if they are cartel?

Would it be easy for them to get Mexican license plates and drive back into the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni