Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably watch too much SVU, but I keep having this nagging thought that maybe a tow truck driver is involved in this. Would explain how her car got from the obvious collision to the apartments, and deposited backwards into the parking space.
That is one heck of a creative thought. I’d never thought of that. But I guess she’d most likely have to call the tow truck driver and probably while waiting have called someone else.

Her car looked drivable to me. I think other cars in that apartment complex were backed in as well.

Yestwrd

Pitiful. So much free coverage lost. Auburn needs to be ashamed.:(

It’s not free. Auburn (and all colleges and pro sports) sell every second of time on those screens. It’s how they pay for the fancy stadiums and Jumbotron and sports scholarships. They could have donated time to the case, but to get enough time for the info needed to make it worthwhile would have been many thousands of dollars, maybe even 6 figures. These are for-profit schools, they aren’t giving away that much income for anything. Just the way things work.

I used to drive a car that would automatically lock the doors when you drove away, i wonder if her vehicle had the same feature?
Depends if she had that set. My guess is if she nannied children that she did

I probably watch too much SVU, but I keep having this nagging thought that maybe a tow truck driver is involved in this. Would explain how her car got from the obvious collision to the apartments, and deposited backwards into the parking space.

I studied mechanics at college and have a fair bit of experience in this field and based on the pictures there is nothing to indicate that car wasn't perfectly driveable, the damage appears to be all panel damage. There is no signs of any damage to the drive train. The only possible problem i can see would be some of the plastic trim under the wheel arch may have rubbed of the tire however all this would do is possibly make some noise and wouldn't effect the ability to drive the car.

It wasn’t meant to be accusatory. As I stated in my post, I did look up many reports and said that if the time was closer to midnight as many reported, there was a wider window of opportunity for the crime to have taken place. Here is one of the many:

By Olivia Gunn | October 24, 2019 at 5:25 PM CDT - Updated October 25 at 4:39 PM
AUBURN, Ala. (WTVM) - The Auburn Police Division is asking the public for assistance locating a missing woman.

19-year-old Aniah Haley Blanchard reportedly last communicated with a friend on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just before midnight. Blanchard drives a black 2017 Honda CR-V with Alabama tag# 49BS356. Her vehicle was last seen Oct, 24 at around 12:30 a.m. in the area of South College Street and Interstate 85 in Auburn.

It was repeated a lot and attributed to the Auburn PD.
I did not say it was fact. Right now the only factual times we have are the time of the purchase at the Chevron and the time her vehicle was at South College and I85.

This Exactly!

It’s not free. Auburn (and all colleges and pro sports) sell every second of time on those screens. It’s how they pay for the fancy stadiums and Jumbotron and sports scholarships. They could have donated time to the case, but to get enough time for the info needed to make it worthwhile would have been many thousands of dollars, maybe even 6 figures. These are for-profit schools, they aren’t giving away that much income for anything. Just the way things work.
Auburn‘s athletic program has thrown away a lot of money over the years paying current and former coaches, they can probably afford it.

I studied mechanics at college and have a fair bit of experience in this field and based on the pictures there is nothing to indicate that car wasn't perfectly driveable, the damage appears to be all panel damage. There is no signs of any damage to the drive train. The only possible problem i can see would be some of the plastic trim under the wheel arch may have rubbed of the tire however all this would do is possibly make some noise and wouldn't effect the ability to drive the car.

The tire was damaged according to this article, but alright.

Police Release Surveillance Video Of Aniah Blanchard, Missing Stepdaughter Of UFC Fighter Walt Harris
From the article..
"Investigators reported the vehicle had damage to the front left tire, and believed the damage occurred between the time she was last seen and Friday when police found the Black 2017 Honda CRV. "

That is one heck of a creative thought. I’d never thought of that. But I guess she’d most likely have to call the tow truck driver and probably while waiting have called someone else.

Her car looked drivable to me. I think other cars in that apartment complex were backed in as well.

Or one just offered their unsolicited services.

Police Release Surveillance Video Of Aniah Blanchard, Missing Stepdaughter Of UFC Fighter Walt Harris
From the article..
"Investigators reported the vehicle had damage to the front left tire, and believed the damage occurred between the time she was last seen and Friday when police found the Black 2017 Honda CRV. "

Both front tires are inflated, There may be some damage to the tires sidewall possibly from scrapping something but that would in no way effect the ability to drive that vehicle in any way shape or form.

EOSVXTQJWNF5ZLFAL2RJPRAQBQ.jpg

I6JLVLY7YJGJNGQNSAXLEAJQOI.PNG

From the article..

That must be a typo, according to this and another article the pictures show damage to the right side of her vehicle not the left or left front tire.
UPDATE: APD Releases Video of Missing 19-year-old, Aniah Blanchard - Alabama News

This is absolutely the truth. It is big business and much more complicated that you might think.

That must be a typo, according to this and another article the pictures show damage to the right side of her vehicle not the left or left front tire.
UPDATE: APD Releases Video of Missing 19-year-old, Aniah Blanchard - Alabama News

Its either a typo or who ever wrote the article doesn't know the difference between a tire and a front fender, or their left from right. There appears to be zero damage to either of the tires in those pictures, both tires are also inflated, what ever the object came into contact with the vehicle to cause the damage to the fender or door the object was at a height above the wheels and tires anyway.

OK, so have they said if the car was still driveable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz