Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she was grabbed after she left the minimart. It seems if it happened at the gas pumps or parking area, they'd have video of the abduction.

So maybe she was followed home? And grabbed when she got out of her car?

If she was grabbed at her apartment why then would the perp take her car? I guess it’s possible but to me more likely that she met up with the male she snap texted about,”Eric”, and something happened after the chevron stop.

I know we don’t know for certain it was her snap texting but I’m in the opinion it was.

I hope sweet Aniah is alive somewhere and still hanging in there with the chance to break free..

The car damage is very strange. I'd love to know the truth about how her car got that damage, and if Aniah caused it herself in self defense or panic.. unless the damage was caused driving in a remote isolated area with lots of bumps and slopes when the perpetrator was driving it. JMO

RBBM.
Some missing-persons cases do indeed turn out this way.
Jayme Closs is a fairly recent example and will always be a reason for thankfulness and celebration.
It would be wonderful if Aniah's case becomes another example.

Last edited:
If she was grabbed at her apartment why then would the perp take her car? I guess it’s possible but to me more likely that she met up with the male she snap texted about,”Eric”, and something happened after the chevron stop.

I know we don’t know for certain it was her snap texting but I’m in the opinion it was.
They'd take her car to dispose of her and get back home?

I'm not convinced she was really going to meet up with Eric after the minimart chip purchase. That seems like what she does when she is about to go home.

I am not sure that was her speaking voluntarily, when she answered her roommate.

But it could have been.

It’s not free. Auburn (and all colleges and pro sports) sell every second of time on those screens. It’s how they pay for the fancy stadiums and Jumbotron and sports scholarships. They could have donated time to the case, but to get enough time for the info needed to make it worthwhile would have been many thousands of dollars, maybe even 6 figures. These are for-profit schools, they aren’t giving away that much income for anything. Just the way things work.

Auburn University is not a "for profit" school. It is a public university.
Aniah is NOT an Auburn student so I am not sure why anyone would think it was the university's responsibility to use the Jumbotron for that purpose? Aniah has gotten a lot of media exposure locally,statewide and nationally already.

She was NOT on campus when she went missing....she was in the CITY of Auburn, Alabama.

Thank you, MsPooh, for making me laugh out loud!!! It certainly pays sometimes to follow along post by post, that way you don't miss out on the details!!!! I needed a good laugh... But I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for your question ;)
My original post suggested that maybe a tow truck driver is involved in this, a crime of opportunity type of thing. Or planned.. Or was following her or whatever. Her car was wrecked in some way,
A. Whether they ran her off the road, then scooped the car up.
B. Saw that she had wrecked, took advantage of the situation and scooped her up.
C. Convinced her that she wouldn't be able to drive it with the damage.
No-one would think anything of a tow truck being there and dropping a car off.
But my theory was quickly shot down by a few here.

Last edited:
Some places in Alabama have charged me to use a credit card, if the purchase total is under a certain amount.

ETA: IMO, I don’t think she was charged for a bag.

There is ALWAYS a charge to use a debit card. But some businesses pas that charge on to the customer rather than paying it themselves.

OT-I forgot the straws and Styrofoam, but I'm ok with banning those two.

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - A high profile volunteer search and recovery company will meet with Auburn investigators about getting involved in the search for 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard, the company said Sunday.

Texas Equusearch, which specializes in horse mounted recovery efforts, said they are not officially involved in the search, but they have team members on standby to assist once they are officially invited to help in search efforts. The group posted a flyer about Blanchard’s disappearance to help spread awareness about this case.
Search continues for Aniah Blanchard; recovery group meeting with police to help

I thought TES was invited to help search, this article says they have not been asked yet?

Texas search group joins effort to find Aniah Blanchard
The organization posted it to their Facebook on Saturday.

I apologize if I have missed this.
The roommate and “friend” are 2 separate people, correct?
OR
Is roommate and BFF one and the same?
Earlier today somebody said two different people. I noted somewhere that the 19 friend SW is from Tuskegee. I have not heard the roommates name or anything about her.

Auburn might be public but it has an 780 million dollar endowment and its Football team brings in over 115 million dollars a year with a 60 million dollar profit. That money goes to pay for all sports but as a TUF member myself that is in the Talon Society I’m quite okay with them throwing up a Have you seen me on the Jumbotron.

For y’all not in the know TUF is Tigers Unlimited Foundation and Talon Society is not a small donation. Regardless I think it should’ve been done and I’ll follow up with the appropriate people tomorrow.

Auburn University is not a "for profit" school. It is a public university.
Aniah is NOT an Auburn student so I am not sure why anyone would think it was the university's responsibility to use the Jumbotron for that purpose? Aniah has gotten a lot of media exposure locally,statewide and nationally already.

She was NOT on campus when she went missing....she was in the CITY of Auburn, Alabama.

I'm looking at the theory of a car jacking gone wrong.....with more than one person involved. Her family mentioned it in an interview as a possibility that they had discussed.

My mind has been going there too but you would think someone would have seen something. I was even going as far to wonder if she wasn't ran off the road on the Highway but again think someone would have seen something because the only way for that to happen would be if she was in the middle lane and someone in the right lane hit her. Also with the damage being on the passenger side of the car the only way that could be if someone hit her would have been on the highway because on a two lane road it would be impossible but since it's clear she wasn't on a two lane road that's irrelevant.

ADMIN REMINDER:

Social media "comments" are considered rumor and are not allowed for discussion at Websleuths. Posts discussing comments have been removed.

Please review The Rules linked in my signature.

Thanks.

Update her father's interview will take place at 2:45pm Monday on the Ariel Helwani show available live on YouTube. Hopefully he's got either an update on more information but the more publicity she gets the better. God be with them.

Hopefully WS doesn’t classify this as SM because it’s on YouTube. Helwani is the official ESPN reporter for MMA and probably the most well know MMA journalist who’s won journalist of the year for MMA like 10 years in a row. It’s a legit media show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member