Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

My opinion, but unless there's an arrest, I really don't think Moni will be found. They say they have so much that points to a person of interest, but, they won't make an arrest because they don't have her body. <modsnip - bashing LE> There's been plenty of cases where prosecution has happened without a body. Moni has been let down in so many ways for a long time. <modsnip - bashing LE> REST IN PEACE MONI.

Last edited by a moderator:
It must be horrible for the family to not see anyone get arrested and charged for what was done to their loved one. But I want to believe that LE is watching him 24/7 and has been for a while. I hope someone is arrested and charged soon, for the sake of her family that must be suffering terribly.

There is a new article out today. Newly released warrants provide more detail in search for missing Holly Springs mom :: WRAL.com From the article, "he went to her house on April 19 after he was confronted by the apartment property manager when he was found inside Moynan's apartment, according to the documents." What was he doing there since she had a court order of protection that, according to other news articles, didn't expire until May? Why run off to Jarlyn's house afterwards?

Can't they at least arrest him for violating the order or for taking the kids and her car?

Some quotes from that article:

A Holly Springs woman missing since April who police now believe to be dead may have been pregnant, according to newly released search warrants.

Upon searching 23-year-old Monica Moynan’s apartment, investigators found a positive pregnancy test in the night stand.

“Monica being pregnant may have been a factor in the incidents that led up to Monica’s death,” according to search warrants.

Police have made no arrests in the case, which a town spokesman called a “death investigation with suspicious circumstances.”

Police are calling the ex-boyfriend a “person of interest,” someone who may have key information regarding the circumstances of Moynan’s death.

The News & Observer is not naming the ex-boyfriend because he has not been charged with a crime in her disappearance.

Warrants also indicate police believed the ex-wife of Moynan’s ex-boyfriend might have information relevant to the case because the couple have been in touch throughout the investigation, warrants say.

She pretended to be Moynan while calling Moynan’s property manager. She also told investigators she had a copy of a driver’s license belonging to Moynan, as well as several photos she copied from a laptop given to her by the ex-boyfriend, according to the warrants.

As part of the investigation, police asked her to call and record a phone call with the ex-boyfriend in their presence.

“Like not being mean but I really don’t think like there’s anything,” he said, according to the warrants. “Because there’s no evidence or anything like that so.”

Later in the conversation he asked, “You don’t think I should run?” warrants say.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article236207223.html#storylink=cpy

I want justice for Moni and her loved ones, an arrest would ease my fear Brian Sluss is going to do something stupid before they take him in.

But after reading all the recently released warrants, I'm ok with LE taking their time. I think they are likely still trying to find Moni's body and chase down leads. We want a solid case when this goes to trial, and if that takes more time, so be it.

I also want to see the ex-wife Jarlyn prosecuted. No doubt in my mind she was involved up to her eyeballs in the cover-up, if not actually in the plan to kill Moni.

"The new warrants also show the Raleigh/Wake City-County Bureau of Identification searched the kitchen area of an unidentified home related to the case in August and noticed signs of possible clean up on the tiles. When the tiles were removed, "a large area in between the cracks were positive for human blood," the warrants said."

This just confirms what we all knew about those kitchen tiles. :(

From the link:

New search warrants show that on Aug. 12, detectives interviewed Brian and he gave an account of the days before Moynan's disappearance that was completely different than the one he gave police a month prior.

On July 23, according to warrants, Brian told police that Moynan had a drug addiction before she disappeared.

However, according to the new warrants, on Aug. 12, he said the Moynan "did not really have a drug problem and was depressed."

The warrants also say that investigators noted his timeline about when she went missing was inconsistent.

----

BBM. This sounds just like the lies PF told about Kelsey Berreth when she "disappeared". He's close to being convicted of her murder now. I hope there can be an arrest(s) and justice for Monica soon as well. MOO.

The case is being treated as a murder investigation.

Holly Springs Police Department has identified Brian Sluss and his ex-wife, Jarlyn Sluss, as persons of interest in her disappearance. Brian Sluss is Moynan's ex-boyfriend.

Earlier warrants showed Sluss never filed a missing persons report and was texting people posing as Moynan after her disappearance.

Warrants released last month showed that investigators found a positive pregnancy test and interviewed a friend of Moynan who confirmed that Moynan believed she was pregnant. Investigators also learned that she made, but failed to keep, an appointment at a women's health clinic in April.
Warrants reveal new details in case of missing Holly Springs mother believed dead

From the link:

New search warrants show that on Aug. 12, detectives interviewed Brian and he gave an account of the days before Moynan's disappearance that was completely different than the one he gave police a month prior.

On July 23, according to warrants, Brian told police that Moynan had a drug addiction before she disappeared.

However, according to the new warrants, on Aug. 12, he said the Moynan "did not really have a drug problem and was depressed."

The warrants also say that investigators noted his timeline about when she went missing was inconsistent.

----

BBM. This sounds just like the lies PF told about Kelsey Berreth when she "disappeared". He's close to being convicted of her murder now. I hope there can be an arrest(s) and justice for Monica soon as well. MOO.
I was just getting ready to post the same thing! But by the time BS had committed this crime and told these lies, PF was already sitting in jail, and it wasn’t looking good for him... These 2 guys seem to be operating from the same manual for “dummies.”

Good. It will be easier to put them both away for life.

Police searched property of ex-boyfriend's parents for missing Holly Springs mom's remains

HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- New court documents were released Tuesday in the investigation of the murder of a Holly Springs mother.

Holly Springs Police have been looking into Monica Moynan's disappearance for months now.

Her ex-boyfriend, Brian Sluss and his ex-wife, Jarlyn Sluss, have been named as persons of interest in the investigation.

No one has been charged with any crimes.

Warrants released Tuesday reveal that authorities checked the soil and took samples at Brian Sluss' parents' home in Virginia. They also searched the property and the surrounding area for signs of Moynan's remains.

The documents also revealed that someone claimed they saw Brian Sluss taking three big black trash bags to the dumpster around 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. about the time Moynan disappeared.

Earlier warrants showed the Raleigh/Wake City-County Bureau of Identification searched the kitchen area of her home in August and noticed signs of possible clean up on the tiles. When the tiles were removed, "a large area in between the cracks were positive for human blood," the warrants said.

Police searched property of ex-boyfriend's parents for missing Holly Springs mom's remains

Warrants released Tuesday reveal that authorities checked the soil and took samples at Brian Sluss' parents' home in Virginia. They also searched the property and the surrounding area for signs of Moynan's remains.

The documents also revealed that someone claimed they saw Brian Sluss taking three big black trash bags to the dumpster around 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. about the time Moynan disappeared.
Rsbm
Ugh I hate the idea of a treacherous, never ending landfill search. So hard on the families and the searchers alike :(

HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. (WTVD) -- New court documents were released Tuesday in the investigation of the murder of a Holly Springs mother.

Holly Springs Police have been looking into Monica Moynan's disappearance for months now.

Her ex-boyfriend, Brian Sluss and his ex-wife, Jarlyn Sluss, have been named as persons of interest in the investigation.

No one has been charged with any crimes.

Earlier warrants showed the Raleigh/Wake City-County Bureau of Identification searched the kitchen area of her home in August and noticed signs of possible clean up on the tiles. When the tiles were removed, "a large area in between the cracks were positive for human blood," the warrants said.

Well, at least it's a little more information. I sure hope Moni isn't in a landfill. After all this time and trash dumped for months and months, it will make finding her so much harder.

BS stated to JS that LE would never find her. I doubt she is on BS's parent's property. It would make more sense based on his statements, the other scenario. It seems they have more than enough for an arrest considering they must have more than we know. It would seem more likely that if they arrest him, they may be able to get the location of her body.
#justiceformoni

I'm with you, hoping those bags were cleaning materials. Otherwise she may never be found. Thinking of the Lauren Giddings case. The monster who killed her placed some body parts in the college dumpsters, they were never found. Sorry for the graphic description.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back