TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is the PC?

I apologize as I haven’t been able to read every post but do we know for sure this is one perp? There a few scenarios I’m running through my mind and some of the potential logistical aspects make me wonder about more than one individual. Tia.

Last edited:
I live in San Antonio area and maybe someone with more knowledge about cartels than me has more insight, but murdering people and stealing their truck & RV doesn’t scream Mexican cartel to me. Why would they do that for a used vehicle? They have so much money—that kind of risk just doesn’t seem plausible to me for a truck.

There has to be more to it, right? Only way I can see cartels involved is if it were pure opportunity & some low level drug runners just did it for themselves.

Wait a minute...I’m just having a flashback of college Spring Break..

Corpus, South Padre, crossing over into Matamoros...( o/t, also remembering the awful case of Mark Kilroy, wow so long ago....)

Sorry maybe irrelevant but I just remembered that. I think if I’m going to participate I need to read all the posts here, unfortunately. :(

I wonder if the perp(s), if from Mexico, came in via Matamoros and Padre? They may have chosen Del Rio to cross back over in order to avoid the heat near Padre. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Another mention of oil fields. I wonder where in Texas Michelle and James had been working?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2019/11/02/bodies-buried-texas-beach-belong-missing-new-hampshire-couple-police-say/?outputType=amp

“After working on Texas oil rigs to fund their travels, she said, they were about to move to Florida and sell Christmas trees, “to do something different.”

Pictures from James' Facebook show they were in or around Fort Stockton. My husband and I were gate guards in South Texas March - August 2018 and I know for a fact there are tons of gate guard positions near Fort Stockton.

Well, the plot just thickened......Thank you for the info.......moo
The information on the missing battered woman is confusing as there is a photo of a man and a women, but they are not named, and it implies that is her husband and ?her? not the sister who is reporting her missing.

If her whereabouts were known up until Oct 23, then it is unlikely the two cases are connected. I dont think it says when she was last sighted

The information on the missing battered woman is confusing as there is a photo of a man and a women, but they are not named, and it implies that is her husband and ?her? not the sister who is reporting her missing.

If her whereabouts were known up until Oct 23, then it is unlikely the two cases are connected. I dont think it says when she was last sighted

The article says Jessica Martinez is the battered woman who is missing. It is strange that it doesn't name the husband though.

Some points from presser

Man and women in truck as crossed the border. Photos to be released

Suspects likely local to Corpus Christi.

Confidence high they will be identified.

Cats have not been located.

Man tattooed and has gaged ears.

Some points from presser

Man and women in truck as crossed the border. Photos to be released

Suspects likely local to Corpus Christi.

Confidence high they will be identified.

Cats have not been located.

Man tattooed and has gaged ears.
Oh, this IS interesting.

Did it specify WHERE the tatoos were - ie: arms, hands, and/or face.

The unnamed fellow in that photograph about the battered missing woman certainly has a bunch of tatoos that could be visible on a surveillance camera and ear gauges.

Likely fairly good video/photos if they could spot tatoos & ear gauges

Last edited:
Oh, this IS interesting.

Did it specify WHERE the tatoos were - ie: arms, hands, and/or face.

The unnamed fellow in that photograph about the battered missing woman certainly has a bunch of tatoos that could be visible on a surveillance camera
No but photos are coming out. And this is really interesting. The Walmart sighting is part of the investigation.

Wait a minute...I’m just having a flashback of college Spring Break..

Corpus, South Padre, crossing over into Matamoros...( o/t, also remembering the awful case of Mark Kilroy, wow so long ago....)

Sorry maybe irrelevant but I just remembered that. I think if I’m going to participate I need to read all the posts here, unfortunately. :(

I wonder if the perp(s), if from Mexico, came in via Matamoros and Padre? They may have chosen Del Rio to cross back over in order to avoid the heat near Padre. Just a thought.
@margarita25 Presser was already held. See my post above for a summary. Photo released of man and woman crossing the border. Not what some expected, I'm betting.

Wow, this guy will stick out like a sore thumb in Mexico, IMO.
The woman has distinctive forearm tatoos, but can’t see her face. She seems to have straight brown hair.

My guess is that these two are druggies/meth heads, and there are likely prior booking photos of them somewhere

And yeah, he is going to be identified. Very distinctive appearance. He looks like a redhead, not dyed hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151