Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #115

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. They have to be very careful about how they go about the investigation. I'm impressed with the fact that there have been no leaks of anything, and they're being very careful about what information they share.

I am surprised by the lack of leaks too!

One user here, or elsewhere, suggested that there were leaks early on, but they got mixed in with rumors, so now no one really knows what is true and what isnt.

I hadnt thought of that, but seems possible imo.

I am impressed with the integrity shown by the Delphi citizens who either were part of the searching team or heard from them as to what they witnessed at the crime scene.

They could have described how Abby and Libby were found - but they didn't.

This speaks so well of them because their silence on this showed great dignity towards Abby and Libby as well as to their loved ones.

I am impressed with the integrity shown by the Delphi citizens who either were part of the searching team or heard from them as to what they witnessed at the crime scene.

They could have described how Abby and Libby were found - but they didn't.

This speaks so well of them because their silence on this showed great dignity towards Abby and Libby as well as to their loved ones.

Some have not been so silent IMO.

I would imagine she is alive because of the fairly young age range of BG being 18-40. So mum could be around 35-80 IMO.

Could all mothers over 30 in CaCo be asked for a voluntary DNA sample? How effective could that be?

A mother who is alive, and in no way aware of these murders, that would be one thing. A mother who is alive, and aware, and says nothing, that would be an entirely different matter.

I'd be interested, were I investigating the matter, in whether or not the suspected BG has family, who they are, and why they have not come forward......real interested.

I don't believe for a moment that this is a cold case. I think the ducks are lining up quite nicely. In this day and age, one must have one's ducks in a row prior to moving forward :)

A mother who is alive, and in no way aware of these murders, that would be one thing. A mother who is alive, and aware, and says nothing, that would be an entirely different matter.

I'd be interested, were I investigating the matter, in whether or not the suspected BG has family, who they are, and why they have not come forward......real interested.

I don't believe for a moment that this is a cold case. I think the ducks are lining up quite nicely. In this day and age, one must have one's ducks in a row prior to moving forward :)

Great post!

It is interesting they opened the 4/22 PC so abruptly with the car at abandoned building between 1 to 5 p. They MUST know BG was there. So, BG's response (or lack thereof) will be quite telling.

No response? He's fearful. Guilty conscience.

Eager reponse? He feels compelled to act normal and contact LE, since he WAS there. Now they've got him in the interview hotseat!
If LE had described the vehicle at all I'd agree with you. LE mentioned nothing about the make, model not even a color. I can't see how if (LE suspected) BG was present at the PC mentioning a "vehicle" being at the area would put him on the spot to do anything or react in any way. JMO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191104-122515_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191104-122515_Chrome.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 210
A lot of people thought this case would be solved quickly. So, based on the April 22 presser, I would think LE has gone back to those first crucial 48 hours and even the first week or two of the investigation. Hence the NBG sketch which is really the original sketch from a few days after the murders. There were a couple of publicized searches in the first couple of weeks as well. Was LE closing in on someone/something in those early days??? Who would have 'the power' to completely steer an investigation away from a POI and possibly direct suspicion elsewhere?

Does anyone on here still have the same POI as they did in the early days or have you changed your mind several times over the past 2+ yrs?

Think back to the moment when you heard Superintendent Carter say "We know this is about control to you." Then read this article: U.S. study explores meaning behind Russell Williams' collection of 'artifacts' from crimes

IMO it actually explains so much about this crime. And for anyone saying "but it doesn't look like there's DNA. So how could it be a sexual offense?" For some, it's the murder itself that provides the sexual high.
This might be why we aren't hearing anything lately. Maybe the killer is local and gets off on all the media and attention surrounding the case. So they're not giving him that.

Think back to the moment when you heard Superintendent Carter say "We know this is about control to you." Then read this article: U.S. study explores meaning behind Russell Williams' collection of 'artifacts' from crimes

IMO it actually explains so much about this crime. And for anyone saying "but it doesn't look like there's DNA. So how could it be a sexual offense?" For some, it's the murder itself that provides the sexual high.

MOO is BG is the type of killer who also gets off on the aftermath, the notoriety, the media reports, the attention. Just an attention and control-seeking freak. Many killers are not interested at all in the aftermath of their crimes. Others are very interested in the aftermath and insert themselves into the investigations, taunt the police, etc.

He had this all planned out, and figured he could get away with it. The day he is caught he'll no longer have any control over his life and the narrative surrounding what he did, it will be over and an Indiana court will probably sentence him to death.

A lot of people thought this case would be solved quickly. So, based on the April 22 presser, I would think LE has gone back to those first crucial 48 hours and even the first week or two of the investigation. Hence the NBG sketch which is really the original sketch from a few days after the murders. There were a couple of publicized searches in the first couple of weeks as well. Was LE closing in on someone/something in those early days??? Who would have 'the power' to completely steer an investigation away from a POI and possibly direct suspicion elsewhere?

Does anyone on here still have the same POI as they did in the early days or have you changed your mind several times over the past 2+ yrs?

Yes!

The mom question keeps coming up and last week I think someone asked something along the lines of if you were BG's mom, would you turn him in?

I'm a mom and I've been thinking it over. There is no easy answer to this because in your heart your child is your little baby that you nursed and bathed and changed and taught how to walk and guided through school and all of the things. Your baby always. That's who your child is in your heart. But at the same time they are their own person and sometimes people do bad things. Sometimes even good people do bad things and certainly bad people do bad things.

I want to say that I would turn my child in if they outright heinously murdered someone innocent. I might do it anonymously, I might do it openly, I am not sure, but I think that I would turn them in. Especially if I knew in my heart of hearts that it wasn't an accident or that it could happen again - I want to believe that I would be compelled to turn my child in. I would certainly struggle with it but in the end it is what I would want someone to do if it were the other way around and my child had been murdered. The golden rule and all.

I would still, of course, love my child forever and I think that is ok. You can still love your child and do the right thing even if it goes against every protective motherly instinct you have.

The mom question keeps coming up and last week I think someone asked something along the lines of if you were BG's mom, would you turn him in?

I'm a mom and I've been thinking it over. There is no easy answer to this because in your heart your child is your little baby that you nursed and bathed and changed and taught how to walk and guided through school and all of the things. Your baby always. That's who your child is in your heart. But at the same time they are their own person and sometimes people do bad things. Sometimes even good people do bad things and certainly bad people do bad things.

I want to say that I would turn my child in if they outright heinously murdered someone innocent. I might do it anonymously, I might do it openly, I am not sure, but I think that I would turn them in. Especially if I knew in my heart of hearts that it wasn't an accident or that it could happen again - I want to believe that I would be compelled to turn my child in. I would certainly struggle with it but in the end it is what I would want someone to do if it were the other way around and my child had been murdered. The golden rule and all.

I would still, of course, love my child forever and I think that is ok. You can still love your child and do the right thing even if it goes against every protective motherly instinct you have.

Being a good parent includes decisions that are hard and go against your protective instinct. You are a good mom and a good person. Kudos to you.

Legally speaking, does this make the offender's mother an accessory?

I read up a little on this because I wanted to know this too: apparently you don't have to report a crime even if you have knowledge of one, but you may be charged with abetting, or as an accessory:

"For example, if you know about the crime before or after the fact, and you help conceal the crime or its perpetrators, you could be charged with aiding and abetting, or as an accessory. "

I think this is written for kids who aren't of age yet but I imagine it won't be much different ehen they are adults.
Maybe someone else has a deeper knowledge of the legal situation here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle