Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did BS even mention to the police prior to the 20 January 2015 interview that he had coffee and eats with Marg at the Buzz Cafe?
I wonder this too. Was this part of the inconsistencies? I’m under the impression BS said he was at the office that morning. He only remembered the cafe after CY and he spoke about an alibi ? That’s how he remembered the receipt.

Who took William? Geez, it may be someone not even on the radar - someone who came in, saw the opportunity, & left with him... Someone no-one suspects, except someone close to them [possibly)? So has this derelict spoken to nobody? That could be the case? Who would be proud to admit to this... IDK

One detail that wasn't mentioned in the 4 Corners story was the plumber's call to Crime Stoppers after he found a child's t-shirt blocking a pipe at the Spedding's property. It turned out to be unrelated to William, however it would have caused suspicion initially and was perhaps one of the reasons BS property was searched.

One detail that wasn't mentioned in the 4 Corners story was the plumber's call to Crime Stoppers after he found a child's t-shirt blocking a pipe at the Spedding's property. It turned out to be unrelated to William, however it would have caused suspicion initially and was perhaps one of the reasons BS property was searched.
Ah, but that wouldn't suit their agenda, would it. Carefully framed and directed by O'Brien. IMO.

1987 case against George Kaufman rapist in Victoria imo

1989 Australia's first court case involving DNA evidence. In an ACT court, Desmond Applebee is convicted of three counts of sexual assault. Applebee changes his defence from "I wasn't there" to "the woman consented" after a blood sample matches him to DNA extracted from blood and semen on the victim's clothes.

1989 In Victoria, police secure the conviction of George Kaufman who raped sixteen women over a four year period in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs. Confronted with DNA evidence, Kaufman confesses.

1989 The Federal Government and several States and Territories begin developing regulatory standards for DNA collection and handling procedures.

1997 Victoria becomes the first jurisdiction in Australia to enact legislation regulating the use of a DNA database.

2000 Following the sexual assault of a 91 year old woman in Wee Waa, New South Wales police take DNA samples from 500 local men aged between 18 and 45. Stephen Boney confesses shortly afterwards, before his sample can be analysed.

https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/i...from/forensics/submissions/paper-Stringer.pdf

Who took William? Geez, it may be someone not even on the radar - someone who came in, saw the opportunity, & left with him... Someone no-one suspects, except someone close to them [possibly)? So has this derelict spoken to nobody? That could be the case? Who would be proud to admit to this... IDK

Perhaps there is a POI who fits this description?

Retired Queensland detective Dennis Martyn — who was instrumental in solving the case of abducted and murdered Queensland boy Daniel Morcombe — said the fact that the $1 million reward has never been claimed offers a clue about what type of person might have taken William.

"What it tells me is that the person is alone, the person generally would not be socially active," he said.

"It would tell me that the person doesn't have a great variety of friends that they confide in. They don't have a lot of people around to their house. Because otherwise people will see things, otherwise people will hear things."

Mr Martyn said if that is the case, it is extremely unlikely that the case will ever be solved.

"If the individual has acted alone, has not been seen, there is no forensic evidence to place that person there, or no forensic evidence left to link that person to William, in any way," he said.

"If that person either dies, or does not say a word and he is the sole keeper of the information, I could not see how you could solve it."

Watch a detective accuse repairman Bill Spedding of 'grabbing' William Tyrrell

Perhaps there is a POI who fits this description?

Retired Queensland detective Dennis Martyn — who was instrumental in solving the case of abducted and murdered Queensland boy Daniel Morcombe — said the fact that the $1 million reward has never been claimed offers a clue about what type of person might have taken William.

"What it tells me is that the person is alone, the person generally would not be socially active," he said.

"It would tell me that the person doesn't have a great variety of friends that they confide in. They don't have a lot of people around to their house. Because otherwise people will see things, otherwise people will hear things."

Mr Martyn said if that is the case, it is extremely unlikely that the case will ever be solved.

"If the individual has acted alone, has not been seen, there is no forensic evidence to place that person there, or no forensic evidence left to link that person to William, in any way," he said.

"If that person either dies, or does not say a word and he is the sole keeper of the information, I could not see how you could solve it."

BBM - Makes you wonder how the 'reclusive' neighbour was cleared and how fast he was cleared.

But decent reporting should always present a call at the end I'm not sure what the word may be - but a 'call to 'help' William - might be appropriate
Well BS did state in a segment in the 4 Corners interview that what they are going through and have gone through, is nothing to what WT probably went through, or words to that effect, so it's not like he is unsympathetic to William's cause. I don't think anyone is unsympathetic to what happened to him.
How can people help WT now? It's been 5+ years and no one knows what happened to him or where he is after all this time. We wouldn't even know what he looks like anymore because age progressed pictures may not even be accurate?
Unless someone accidentally comes across his remains if he is in fact deceased?, i just can't see how the public can even help to locate him anymore, sadly. I'm sure Crimestoppers have had tons of tips, but so far nothing.

It could be absolutely anyone from a jogger to the park ranger.

It could be absolutely anyone from a jogger to the park ranger.

Yes , this is true. WTFT? I wonder why the focus on PS - wish we knew why? Living across the road is suspect enough - but there must be more IMO? Otherwise if a complete stranger -- back to square one - for LE (perhaps?), if that's the case :(

I didn’t see any other cops man up.

I think O'Brien took advantage of the current situation in placing his client in the media right now.
It is like the Coroner who said to O'Brien repeatedly during the inquest that now wasn't the time to question the police procedures/investigation.

A NSW police spokeswoman said it was "not appropriate to comment" given that the matter was subject to an ongoing coronial inquest and an investigation.

I think O'Brien took advantage of the current situation in placing his client in the media right now.
It is like the Coroner who said to O'Brien repeatedly during the inquest that now wasn't the time to question the police procedures/investigation.

A NSW police spokeswoman said it was "not appropriate to comment" given that the matter was subject to an ongoing coronial inquest and an investigation.
Took advantage as in, chose a time when police currently in service weren't permitted to comment?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member