GUILTY CA - Former NFL star, Kellen Winslow Jr. Threatened To Murder Women After He Raped Them, 2018

I don’t think it’s brain damage because he was calculating in choosing vulnerable victims. He also started at 19.

When did he start playing football? I was partially listening to a tv show discussing this the other day. Seems that starting tackle football at an early age may also be contributing to this problem There's talk of having younger kids play tough football only.

His acts seem very pre-meditated, not impulsive. But at the same time, there's something about him that is so compulsive, like he's driven to keep doing this. There's definitely a vibe from him that he doesn't think what he's doing is wrong, that's probably why he doesn't have a problem lying about it. Same with considering some attacks as "consensual". This is what makes guys like him so dangerous - they don't stop feeding their compulsion.

Wow. Never seen anything like this with the defendant being so hesitant. But it sounds like he got a good deal. Not sure why he was hesitating! The 12-18 includes all the charges it sounds like. Even the prior convictions.
Ugh. I could live with the sentence if it was in addition to the 9 years but this guy could be out in his 40s. I see why the prosecutors offered it - I read about the previous trial extensively - he picked his victims well. They were vulnerable and one changed her story many times. I'm 100% sure he did it, but there seemed to be some mental health issues that made for a less than perfect witness. It's so unfortunate because I see his last two crimes, breaking into elderly women's houses, as an escalation. He is seeking out more power/less consent, i.e. not someone who agreed to get in his car, someone whose house he invaded. I feel almost certain that if he is out before he is physically unable to offend, he will re-offend.

When did he start playing football?
This is what makes guys like him so dangerous - they don't stop feeding their compulsion.

He didn't playing until high school. There is an article from 2002 - really shows how he was treated like a prince - maybe the root of his entitlement.

He Had to Sit Tight

Totally agree about the compulsion. There are some sports illustrated articles about how no one wanted to room with him because of his pervy behavior. All around compulsive and unrepentant.

He didn't playing until high school. There is an article from 2002 - really shows how he was treated like a prince - maybe the root of his entitlement.

He Had to Sit Tight

Totally agree about the compulsion. There are some sports illustrated articles about how no one wanted to room with him because of his pervy behavior. All around compulsive and unrepentant.

Yes, he was very spoiled and likely very "entitled" type of personality. I was in college during the years his dad was a rising star in college football. His dad was a rock star at a time when that wasn't a thing in college level sports. Incidentally, it sounds like his dad is still a nice person, just a shame his son turned out so bad.

The escalation in Jr's behavior is very disturbing. I hope they keep track of him after he gets out.

Yes, he was very spoiled and likely very "entitled" type of personality. I was in college during the years his dad was a rising star in college football. His dad was a rock star at a time when that wasn't a thing in college level sports. Incidentally, it sounds like his dad is still a nice person, just a shame his son turned out so bad.

The escalation in Jr's behavior is very disturbing. I hope they keep track of him after he gets out.

Not sure the dad is so nice. Comment from the moderator on the L&C YT channel:

AddiLawCrime cathyrusson NOTE: This plea is coming after we learned earlier that Winslow SR. stormed out saying "bull sh**" after the judge ruled DNA of Jane Doe #2's boyfriend couldn't come in

Not sure the dad is so nice. Comment from the moderator on the L&C YT channel:

AddiLawCrime cathyrusson NOTE: This plea is coming after we learned earlier that Winslow SR. stormed out saying "bull sh**" after the judge ruled DNA of Jane Doe #2's boyfriend couldn't come in

Interesting, thanks. Sounds like dad is a complicated guy and not always the image he presents in public. He grew up in that generation of college athletes who were groomed to show good manners and a wholesome image in public and the news media.

High school football stars are definitely coddled and entitled. It starts early. They think they are above it all and can do whatever they want. They live in a bubble where all consequences are taken care of by someone else and they are elevated above others. To this day I remember my high school teachers basically allowing the football players to cheat in class. I mean, it's insidious. From there it just grows. His father seems to be enraged about this whole prosecution. To the point where he's telling the prosecutor not to look in his direction. Given his father's status, I'm sure he's passed on that sense of entitlement to his son as well.

Masturbating in front of his teammates is just gross. And the lack of self-consciousness really speaks volumes. So it's not far-fetched that he was roaming the streets looking for vulnerable women to assault and that he couldn't help himself in the gym with that one Jane Doe.

High school football stars are definitely coddled and entitled. It starts early. They think they are above it all and can do whatever they want. They live in a bubble where all consequences are taken care of by someone else and they are elevated above others. To this day I remember my high school teachers basically allowing the football players to cheat in class. I mean, it's insidious. From there it just grows. His father seems to be enraged about this whole prosecution. To the point where he's telling the prosecutor not to look in his direction. Given his father's status, I'm sure he's passed on that sense of entitlement to his son as well.

Masturbating in front of his teammates is just gross. And the lack of self-consciousness really speaks volumes. So it's not far-fetched that he was roaming the streets looking for vulnerable women to assault and that he couldn't help himself in the gym with that one Jane Doe.

Yes, his behavior on the road in front of his teammates was shocking. That's what made me think it was mental illness or some type of brain infury, when you're even grossing out your fellow football team members. I'm sure there's not a lot that shocks them, so it sounds pretty extreme.

It's sad to hear athletes are given such favorable treatment these days. I heard the same from my kids when they were in high school and college. It actually factored into their choice of college/university.

Ex-NFL tight end Kellen Winslow II, who committed sexual offenses against five women in Northern San Diego County, will be sentenced to 14 years in state prison next month following a modification made Friday to his original guilty plea.

The 37-year-old son of former San Diego Chargers legend Kellen Winslow previously faced a range of 12 to 18 years in state prison stemming from a 2019 trial, plus guilty pleas to other counts.

On Friday, a prior plea Winslow made to a sexual battery count involving one of the victims was changed to a guilty plea to assault with intent to commit rape.

Sentencing for Winslow, who initially faced life in prison on the original charges, is slated for March 3.

Ex-NFL Tight End Kellen Winslow II Facing 14 Years in Prison in New Plea - Times of San Diego

It is about time! jmo

In court records, Winslow submitted a petition arguing the physical trauma he sustained over years of playing football entitles him to a reduced prison sentence based on a California law AB 124 that went into effect in 2022.

The court sentenced Winslow to 14 years in prison. Marc Carlos, one of Winslow's attorneys, told reporters his client should receive a sentence on the low end of the required 12-to-18-year range because he has frontal lobe damage and could have chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

Is his frontal lobe (if that actually is what makes him a violent predator) going to heal? No? Then leave him in prison, he's just going to re-offend.

Predators don't change their stripes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back