Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you help me understand this more?

so you are saying you can have a Venmo debit card that ISN’T tied to your bank account? AND you can have a debit card that is tied to your banks account, AND you can make transactions from you Venmo account (like a transfer) from one person to the other just via app!

I had no idea!!! You’ve helped this mom in parenting as well!

How do you get a Venmo debit card?

that makes total sense as to why this transaction doesn’t show up on her Venmo account// the transfers are public, the debit transactions are not.

thank you for explaining!!!
Also you’re very welcome!!

So now we have an ex boyfriend "Harry" (not sure how long he's been an ex) and a new guy she had known for about a week, and then this "Eric", whom she had just met. Wonder if any of these guys had been following her and some kind of jealous rage plays a part?
Harry was a high school boyfriend that step-dad didn't seem too concerned about. It sounds like a typical high school relationship where they went their separate ways off to different colleges.

Well, neighboring Opelika--which, granted, is the opposite direction from Montgomery--is the Muskogee word for "large swamp." There are swampy areas here and there (including some not far from Southern Union).
That is a good idea, really. Commit crime in Auburn drive through Montgomery drop deceased in swamp and double back to Montgomery to drop off car.

I've been thinking alot about the damages to Aniah's car. There is much speculation about whether it was sideswiped and forced off the road or if it hit some type of barrier.
Surely the experts have been able to determine if she was sideswiped or if the car scraped another object based on the direction of the scratches and damage to the mirror, right?

I've been thinking alot about the damages to Aniah's car. There is much speculation about whether it was sideswiped and forced off the road or if it hit some type of barrier.
Surely the experts have been able to determine if she was sideswiped or if the car scraped another object based on the direction of the scratches and damage to the mirror, right?
Yes. They can probably tell what it scraped against too. Concrete barriers are going to leave a different mark than another car which would be different than a tree. And it’s a fairly new car, the vehicles computer might give lots of info. Time of impact, time of hard braking, erratic driving. Mine is a 2019 and can tell a lot when hooked up to the right software, I hope Aniah’s has the same capability.

WOW! I never knew all this.

Yes, Your New Car Has A 'Black Box.' Where's The Off Switch?

This is crash data — moment-by-moment statistics saved from the car's most recent collision. There's speed, acceleration, braking — even information from inside the car.

"There are sensors under your seat," he explains. "So if someone tried to say there was another person in the car at a crash who had run away, this shows at the time of collision there was not."

————————

This is crash data — moment-by-moment statistics saved from the car's most recent collision. There's speed, acceleration, braking — even information from inside the car.

"There are sensors under your seat," he explains. "So if someone tried to say there was another person in the car at a crash who had run away, this shows at the time of collision there was not."

————————
And there is all sorts of other data that may be in there- Highly likely: the last time the car was turned on/off, the last time the tank was filled, fuel consumption history.

In my car you would also get the history of charging and discharging the battery, the GPS location history, and the rate of braking at each point where I stopped, (I can voluntarily erase this system if I choose to) and some stuff I probably don't even know about .

“Every day it seems like it gets a bit harder because she’s not there,” he says. “It’s all about God at this time. He can move mountains, he can most definitely pull a community together and support this effort.”

Elijah says the wait has been difficult, but he’s thankful for all those that have helped. “We have to let the authorities do their job, and that’s hard because as a father, you want to be there with boots on the ground.”
Family holds prayer vigil for missing Alabama teen

A known search-and-recovery group, Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recover Team announced Monday that it’s working with investigators and will assist in the search efforts.

“I met with detectives today and I think we’ve joined a partnership,” said Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas EquuSearch.

“Truly, we’ve got a huge area, from Auburn we’ve got 50 plus miles,” Miller said. “Many calls are coming in and they’re filing every lead, so we’re going to go ahead and be the manpower and lead the searches.”

“I’m not going to sugar coat anything but it doesn’t look good at the time,” Miller said. “We will be here as long as I feel as though we are being productive and that we’re being an asset to the search efforts.”

“I’m optimistic that we’re going to get her located,” Miller said. “I cannot promise you we will find her, but I can promise you we’re going to bring in the best resources for the job we can do.”
Community gathers to pray for missing teen

————————
Heather Elvis case, the Moorer's removed the card from their truck!

“Every day it seems like it gets a bit harder because she’s not there,” he says. “It’s all about God at this time. He can move mountains, he can most definitely pull a community together and support this effort.”

Elijah says the wait has been difficult, but he’s thankful for all those that have helped. “We have to let the authorities do their job, and that’s hard because as a father, you want to be there with boots on the ground.”
Family holds prayer vigil for missing Alabama teen

A known search-and-recovery group, Texas EquuSearch Mounted Search and Recover Team announced Monday that it’s working with investigators and will assist in the search efforts.

“I met with detectives today and I think we’ve joined a partnership,” said Tim Miller, founder and director of Texas EquuSearch.

“Truly, we’ve got a huge area, from Auburn we’ve got 50 plus miles,” Miller said. “Many calls are coming in and they’re filing every lead, so we’re going to go ahead and be the manpower and lead the searches.”

“I’m not going to sugar coat anything but it doesn’t look good at the time,” Miller said. “We will be here as long as I feel as though we are being productive and that we’re being an asset to the search efforts.”

“I’m optimistic that we’re going to get her located,” Miller said. “I cannot promise you we will find her, but I can promise you we’re going to bring in the best resources for the job we can do.”
Community gathers to pray for missing teen
If I had a loved one missing, I would be so thankful Tim Miller was searching!

————————

I know Aniah was driving a Honda so this is somewhat OT, but one thing I learned in the Danniella Vian case is that General Motors has been using the OnStar GPS/"black box" system since 1993, before OnStar began to be widely used for navigation purposes.

And there is all sorts of other data that may be in there- Highly likely: the last time the car was turned on/off, the last time the tank was filled, fuel consumption history.

In my car you would also get the history of charging and discharging the battery, the GPS location history, and the rate of braking at each point where I stopped, (I can voluntarily erase this system if I choose to) and some stuff I probably don't even know about .

So, it's safe to say that either they know where Aniah's car was wrecked, or they're dealing with someone sophisticated enough to know how to disable this feature or to remove the card.

I don't know if this means anything or is related, but, Saturday (10/26) morning, I was travelling down South College where it turns into US29. A short distance before the light (between entrance to the industrial park and the light at sand hill/cox), there were two police cars with their lights on. One was in the middle of the road facing north and the other was on my side in a little pull off. They were walking toward me, and one was carrying what looked like a piece of a side fender. Thoughts?

Yes ma’am! Your Venmo account is tied to your bank account for normal transactions inside the app. It’s also tied to your Venmo card for reloads when your Venmo account balance isn’t enough to cover whatever you’re buying. What you said is correct. You’re Venmo debit card pulls from your Venmo account (reloads from bank account if needed). Regular debit card pulls from your bank account. All transactions are shown on your Venmo account as private. You get an email receipt each time you use your Venmo card.
You can get a Venmo debit card by requesting one thru the app. You have to verify your identity & all that. Then they will mail it to you. You can customize your color & all that. I think in the video you can get a glimpse of her debit card that is solid pink. That’s a Venmo card. You choose your color & they come all solid one color - pink is one of them.
Thank you! I agree you can see her card in the video. Thanks for explaining.
I'm confused on why it's so important how she paid for her chips? Debit vs Venmo.
A couple of reasons to me. Maybe only curious to me.
1. I could only see a few transactions on her Venmo account. I couldn’t see the chips purchase, so I knew there was either another Venmo account, or I was missing something. (I was missing the private Venmo debit card)
2. It helps me reconcile whether she truly had enough money to buy a charger if she was going somewhere. I knew you couldn’t access money transferred to you bank account right away and that’s where Walt transferred money.
3. As a mom I had a few outside reasons to want to know. It sounds like the Venmo debit has no tire to credit therefore anyone with a Venmo account can get one.

That’s interesting. I tried looking at where you are describing in google maps. I can’t figure it out. Do you think you could link a map?
So, it's safe to say that either they know where Aniah's car was wrecked, or they're dealing with someone sophisticated enough to know how to disable this feature or to remove the card.

I don't know if this means anything or is related, but, Saturday (10/26) morning, I was travelling down South College where it turns into US29. A short distance before the light (between entrance to the industrial park and the light at sand hill/cox), there were two police cars with their lights on. One was in the middle of the road facing north and the other was on my side in a little pull off. They were walking toward me, and one was carrying what looked like a piece of a side fender. Thoughts?

Put yourself in the shoes of the perp..

If she’s alive then I’m holding her in a sound proof room or in a basement tied up.

If she’s not alive (worse case scenario) where do you get rid of a body? It was mentioned there in national land Mark woods in that area which would make it hard to find.

Or swampy area hoping alligators/crocodiles will get rid of the body by eating it. Aren’t there also wild pigs in this area as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23