Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
KD said that Honey's friends (that he interviewed) were not aware that she had a will. That is only pertinent if they actually asked Honey if she had one and she said she didn't. If the conversation never came up, their responses to his question is meaningless and doesn't come close to suggesting that Honey didn't have a will. jmo

Donovan did write a headline "where is honey sherman's will?". i don't remember what it all came down to......... but i mostly agree. if she had one, i would think a lawyer would have a copy. and if she didn't, i don't find it that too unusual.

one thing was mentioned by donovan and/or other is BS dealing with shady and maybe even dangerous characters...... but i haven't see that expanded on anywhere. i don't think FD'A qualifies. and the only obvious situation i remember was the guy with the app/software product who was a recent felon (maybe a felon at key investment times)...

there's a few things (at least) in donovan book, tstar and other places that have been thrown out there and never expanded on.... the "honey/jonathan" statement in the book was pretty much the only "wow" moment of the book, but i don't think it's expanded upon at all

there's a few things (at least) in donovan book, tstar and other places that have been thrown out there and never expanded on.... the "honey/jonathan" statement in the book was pretty much the only "wow" moment of the book, but i don't think it's expanded upon at all

One other detail in the book - and I don't think there's been any verification in the media - is the suggestion that HS may have stopped at an upscale mall on her way home from Apotex that evening to shop for gifts for her grandkids, and may have given a ride to someone she met at the mall. (Possibly, she could have arranged the meeting earlier?) If so, she could have arrived home at about or just before BS, with that person (who presumably was someone she knew) in the car. (Is more CCTV video, or a warrant to obtain it, part of the currently-sealed evidence?) I thought that was a "wow" moment, but KD doesn't and presumably can't expand upon it.

One other detail in the book - and I don't think there's been any verification in the media - is the suggestion that HS may have stopped at an upscale mall on her way home from Apotex that evening to shop for gifts for her grandkids, and may have given a ride to someone she met at the mall. (Possibly, she could have arranged the meeting earlier?) If so, she could have arrived home at about or just before BS, with that person (who presumably was someone she knew) in the car. (Is more CCTV video, or a warrant to obtain it, part of the currently-sealed evidence?) I thought that was a "wow" moment, but KD doesn't and presumably can't expand upon it.

If there is a video, LE probably hasn't gotten around to looking at it yet....

Audio.
‎The John Oakley Show: 2: Kevin Donovan on Mysterious Deaths of Barry & Honey Sherman on Apple Podcasts
PART 2: Kevin Donovan on his new book, The Billionaire Murders of the Sherman's
Sorry to re post my own post, just wanted to add the video of JS speaking at the funeral about the ski trip with HS, which according to KD, annoyed HS's friends.
@1:30, video below..
Honey Sherman’s son gives mother’s eulogy, calls her the ‘glue that pulled us together’ | Watch News Videos Online

Nuff, I do recall the book referencing her stopping at the mall. I don't recall the book raising the possibility of her meeting someone at the mall. Although that's certainly possible.
I will check in the book tonight, or maybe someone has an electronic version and can check before then?

Is Honey’s personal trainer mentioned in the book?
He must have been reasonably important in her life.

As far as I remember, trainers are mentioned twice 9I have the paper version so hard for me to trace back):
1) Trainer showed up on Friday morning after the bodies were found and was upset and crying
2) Trainer used to come (I think) Tues and Thurs morning to the house and I believe trained both honey and barry.
No mention as to why the discrepancy (ie showed up on Friday, but normally came Tues/Thurs). Unless perhaps there were 2 different sets of trainers, or at two different times in their lives.
Also, I believe I recall from the book that the trainer that showed up on Friday was female.

Again, maybe someone with indexing can check these things, I am going from memory.

Donovan did write a headline "where is honey sherman's will?". i don't remember what it all came down to......... but i mostly agree. if she had one, i would think a lawyer would have a copy. and if she didn't, i don't find it that too unusual.

one thing was mentioned by donovan and/or other is BS dealing with shady and maybe even dangerous characters...... but i haven't see that expanded on anywhere. i don't think FD'A qualifies. and the only obvious situation i remember was the guy with the app/software product who was a recent felon (maybe a felon at key investment times)...

A copy is pointless if you can't rebut the presumption that she destroyed the will.

I've said this several times but I would be stunned if the Shermans kept their wills at home, even if they had a wall safe.

Last edited:
the shopping mall was deemed potentially prominent in the book... is it bayview village? it's definitely bayview XXXXXX. trying to picture it or maybe i don't know it

seemed to be alot of significance simply to her stopping there. but maybe that's that the TPD considers any fact as relevent...

the notion of HS picking up a passenger at the mall (planned or unplanned, and unplanned would presumably be someone familiar to her) seemed so blurry and vague to me. like thinking out loud speculation. it's hard to picture who/how it would have gone unless a family member or friend didn't drive (i guess they could have been dropped off or taken transit to BV). anyway, JMO but it seemed like flat-out speculation to me.

Nuff, I do recall the book referencing her stopping at the mall. I don't recall the book raising the possibility of her meeting someone at the mall. Although that's certainly possible.
I will check in the book tonight, or maybe someone has an electronic version and can check before then?

E-book, pp. 295-6 : "There are reports circulating among the Sherman friends that H stopped at Bayview Village and someone got into the car with her. But there is no evidence of this. I asked questions at Bayview Village but did not find anyone who saw H that day" There were no security cameras at the mall until 2018. He goes on to say that traffic cameras *may* have recorded their movements on the roadway.

the shopping mall was deemed potentially prominent in the book... is it bayview village? it's definitely bayview XXXXXX. trying to picture it or maybe i don't know it

seemed to be alot of significance simply to her stopping there. but maybe that's that the TPD considers any fact as relevent...

the notion of HS picking up a passenger at the mall (planned or unplanned, and unplanned would presumably be someone familiar to her) seemed so blurry and vague to me. like thinking out loud speculation. it's hard to picture who/how it would have gone unless a family member or friend didn't drive (i guess they could have been dropped off or taken transit to BV). anyway, JMO but it seemed like flat-out speculation to me.

But it is KD speculating, and it would explain how someone entered the house if HS drove them there - and it would mean it was someone well-known to her. I inferred he meant the speculation to be meaningful, or why include it?

i forgot that trainer was covered quite extensively in the book BUT, IMO, just as background to BS and HS life, not as having anything to do with the murder investigation.

this is blurry memory stuff, but the trainer talked about extensively in the book as a woman (DG?.... D for sure) but i'm thinking the trainer early on in investigation was a "he". or maybe i, and others, just assumed that.

nuff, thx for the clarifications....... and you are correct that Donovan probably wouldn't have included it if it was irrelevent.

DG in the book is a female trainer............... AND, the trainer from the discovery day was a male. don't think there was a name. DG may have been named because she was a helpful contributor to book and HS friends knew her.

E-book, pp. 295-6 : "There are reports circulating among the Sherman friends that H stopped at Bayview Village and someone got into the car with her. But there is no evidence of this. I asked questions at Bayview Village but did not find anyone who saw H that day" There were no security cameras at the mall until 2018. He goes on to say that traffic cameras *may* have recorded their movements on the roadway.

Thanks. I am only about 3/4 through the book, so I haven't hit that yet I guess.

DG in the book is a female trainer............... AND, the trainer from the discovery day was a male. don't think there was a name. DG may have been named because she was a helpful contributor to book and HS friends knew her.
Could the male trainer that showed up crying on the Friday be the same man seen on security cameras on the Thursday?

Billionaire Apotex founder Barry Sherman and wife found dead in Toronto home
Dec 22 2017
"A man who identified himself as a personal trainer arrived at the scene saying he had an appointment to train Ms. Sherman. He asked if he could duck under the police tape to get inside, and was told no. He spoke briefly with officers and left visibly shaken."

Could the male trainer that showed up crying on the Friday be the same man seen on security cameras on the Thursday?
Quite possible it crossed my mind too.
If Honey was due to leave in a few days, she may have been trying to get in as many sessions as possible.
I was surprised to hear Barry had one too, he didnt strike me as the type to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken