Mexico - 10 members of Polygamist LeBaron Family murdered, Sonora, Nov 2019 *arrests*

Attachments

• D436F6D1-B2E1-4159-AF45-4B1EE6F53411.png
    D436F6D1-B2E1-4159-AF45-4B1EE6F53411.png
    287.9 KB · Views: 21
One husband was in Phoenix
The other husband mentioned was at home or in N.D.
What do they do for jobs ?
Am assuming one of them was at work ; was the other man preparing to travel to meet them at the wedding ?

My .02 is that I wouldn't let a wife and children travel in that vicinity without myself and/or armed protection.
The men must have known it was risky ?

I am so upset over this. The horror they must have experienced. And what the surviving children must have seen. I keep hoping there is are arrests. It will probably result in another El Chapo mini war. The Mexico President has already stated the cartel is not worth a war. So.....

IMO, they were definitely targeted.

Live updates: Mormon family killed in Mexico - CNN

The attorney general of the State of Chihuahua, from which the family had traveled to the state of Sonora, said preliminary information indicates they were attacked by criminal groups. A family member told CNN the victims were attacked “separately but simultaneously by two different groups of same cartel" — but officials have not explicitly said a drug cartel was behind the attack.

It seems like a very long circuitous route to go from Galeana to Bavispe by the highway. A lot of very open space without any services or places to stay if something happened. No water sources. Little if any shade.

How a young boy could make that trip back by himself on foot is a story worth hearing

The brutal killing of nine members of a family in northern Mexico on Monday highlights the long history of American religious settlers in the region.

The LeBarón family, some of whose members were targeted in Monday’s attack, has lived in the turbulent border region for decades, part of a wave of settlers who moved to Mexico in the early 20th century seeking at the time to practice polygamy, which was forbidden by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

“They were seen as colonies of refuge,” said W. Paul Reeve, a professor of Mormon studies at the University of Utah. “The Mexican government said they would look the other way regarding polygamy, they were desirous to have people settle their northern frontier.”

The settlements in northern Mexico have been plagued by violencein the past. In 2009, gunmen in the town of Colonia LeBarón killed Benjamín LeBarón, a Mormon anti-violence activist, as well as his brother-in-law, Luis Widmar. The town had been settled in the 1940s by Alma Dayer LeBarón, a Mormon patriarch who was excommunicated for polygamy.
Murder in Mexico: Mormon Families Have a Long History There

I am so upset over this. The horror they must have experienced. And what the surviving children must have seen. I keep hoping there is are arrests. It will probably result in another El Chapo mini war. The Mexico President has already stated the cartel is not worth a war. So.....

I saw the breaking news around 6am on FNN, and have been watching the new updates throughout the day.

I was absolutely horrified this happened, and when I saw the father of the mom, and his little grandchildren filming the burned out bullet ridden car, I burst into tears.

Omg, how terrified they all must have been. Knowing little twin babies where in their carseats when this happened to all of them is something like the worst horror movie yet it was their reality with more young children found executed in the area.

These monsters are sadistic terrorists imo.

While many in our country seem to like nothing better than putting down our own country, Mexico has become like a third world country. Last year alone they broke their own unbelivable homicide record. Iirc it was over 35K! They are expected it to rise even higher this year. Ugh.

What's even more frightening these same ruthless people are coming right over our own borders in areas that are opening, and welcoming them to come right in. Yet these same cartel POSs are causing almost 70K fatal overdoses of our own citizens last year or who are human traffickers, including sex traffickers coming illegally into our country. Gah!!

I wasn't the least surprised when the Mexican president doesn't want our help to eradicate these vile cartel members. They are part of the problem since many of them are in the pockets of the cartels themselves.

Imo, we could sure do it just like we did in Columbia along with the Colombians assistances.

All of these cartels need to be deemed terrorists by all free nations.

Jmho

This country is so close to us but yet is so uncivilized and lawless and corrupt to boot. This is a heinous crime.
But it’s not the people who live there, it’s the cartels. They have gained control of everything and everyone is terrified of them (for good reason). Even LE. It’s really a sad situation. Mexico wasn’t always so dangerous.

My days of traveling to Mexico are over...that ship has sailed. With that being said, it saddens me that the decrease in tourism will have a profound effect on many honest, hardworking Mexican citizens which will only lead to more crime and violence.

I know others may care about the history of the adult victims, and I respect those who do.

However, for myself, I only care about them all being sadistically murdered by what I call some of the worst terrorists in the world. It's even more terrifying because only grains of sand separate our border with this war zone country.

ISIS has nothing on these subhumans. They are just as vile, sadistic, evil, demonic, and predatory as ISIS or any other terrorist group.

Imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back