Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the conversation according to post#597 of the previous thread, referencing the Nancy Grace interview:

11:30••••or 11ish snapchatting with roommate.
NG asks if they were just texts, not pictures and she says yes.
Roomate... are you almost home?
Where are you ?
AB I am with ....
Roommate: I wish you’d let me know I’ve waited up on you. I’m going to bed, I love you.
NG- did she have boyfriend?
AH- No, she has boys she’s friended.

Do you have a reference to the “a guy I just met”?
Yes there was more to that text exchange. It was posted earlier but I’ll go look for it again.

There are very mean perps out there, in the world we live in now! I pray that we teach everyone about being aware of your surroundings, who you chat with on SM and any dating sites. They groom people well that's what they do. Let's all remember to be alert and watching out for others in public.

I can’t find the post numbers on my phone for some reason, but there is a post on page 36 of the first Aniah thread with a longer version of this Snapchat exchange. It’s the one where she also says, “I’m so, so sorry.” I think that’s where this is from.
Looks like #707. Here it is, and you’re right about “I just met him”. She had met Harry 2 weeks prior, right? So the roommate would have known about him.

Roommate: Are you almost home?
Aniah: Yes
R: Where are you?
A: I’m with eric
R: Who’s that?
A: I just met him
R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
A: I’m so, so sorry. I love you too

Let me start by saying that I sincerely hope and pray that this does not apply to this case.
But....
JMO...There are hogs and gators in areas like these all over the south. Not sure of the pop. numbers on gators in that area, but I feel sure they are there. Someone who is local please weigh in on this. The alligators are most likely not feeding much and are on the verge of hibernation right now depending on the temps. They tend to dig into the banks and hibernate once it gets below 70 degrees. JMO

There are no naturally occurring alligators in the area. This is not a swamp. There are not really alligators "all over the South" . They are prevalent in the COASTAL areas. Occasionally there will be one far inland but usually it's because someone let a pet alligator loose. It's definitely a rare thing. Normally away from the coast you do not see alligators in rivers, lakes or ponds. Lee County is 3-4 hours away from the coastal area of Alabama. It's mostly farm land and wooded forests.
There are deer, turkey, and raccoons. Not 100% sure about wild boars but I never heard of any. I doubt they are roaming through the area.
Crocodiles don't live in North America, and certainly not in Auburn.

I have lived in the Auburn area for a little over 10 years ans have seen two alligators in separate areas within the city limits of Auburn. I have was there while friends of ours had one removed from their pond. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they're not here. We don't have alligators like they do down south AL, but they're here.
More importantly, where is Aniah?

Looks like #707. Here it is, and you’re right about “I just met him”. She had met Harry 2 weeks prior, right? So the roommate would have known about him.

R: I wish you would have let me know. I waited up on you. I’m going to sleep. I love you.
Imo I wonder if the”I’m so so sorry “ part isn’t a hint of distress or that she was trying to get her attention.

Harry was her highschool boyfriend. We do not know the name of the guy she started talking to about a week prior to her going missing. The police do and her parents do and he has been interviewed. That's all we know from MSM.

No. She did not meet Harry two weeks before. Harry was her high school boyfriend according to WH. They did not name the person she has started to see/date. But did say that they do not know of any Eric.

There are no naturally occurring alligators in the area. This is not a swamp. There are not really alligators "all over the South" . They are prevalent in the COASTAL areas. Occasionally there will be one far inland but usually it's because someone let a pet alligator loose. It's definitely a rare thing. Normally away from the coast you do not see alligators in rivers, lakes or ponds. Lee County is 3-4 hours away from the coastal area of Alabama. It's mostly farm land and wooded forests.
There are deer, turkey, and raccoons. Not 100% sure about wild boars but I never heard of any. I doubt they are roaming through the area.
Crocodiles don't live in North America, and certainly not in Auburn.
I'm away from the coast. In south AL. Auburn in in south AL.Been here 40+ years. We most certainly have gators in ponds, lakes, rivers, and swamps. I am not near the coast.

I have lived in the Auburn area for a little over 10 years ans have seen two alligators in separate areas within the city limits of Auburn. I have was there while friends of ours had one removed from their pond. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they're not here. We don't have alligators like they do down south AL, but they're here.

I said there were some occasionally inland.....but in the context of what that poster was saying.....no. There are not really alligators in the Auburn area eating human remains. Auburn is on the plains, not in a swamp like Louisiana or Florida or South Carolina. All of the South is not inhabited by alligators NATURALLY. People turn them loose after they get too big to keep as a pet.
I spent a lot of my life in Auburn and Opelika, and I still go there frequently.
Aniah may be in the forest but there are other wild creatures that would actually be in the area in big numbers.

Got it, thanks for the info. I wasn't replying to you, I meant to quote another post but hit reply instead. I disagree that the alligators in Auburn are pets that were released, however, I DO agree that there aren't alligators in Auburn eating human remains.
Can we refocus on the reason we're in this thread - Aniah.

I'm away from the coast. In south AL. Auburn in in south AL.Been here 40+ years. We most certainly have gators in ponds, lakes, rivers, and swamps. I am not near the coast.

Auburn is in SE Alabama right by the GA line. And I'm a life long resident of Alabama. I grew up in the Auburn/Opelika area before moving to Birmingham. So I'm pretty sure that while there may a few it's not like the coastal South....which is where I live now. Gators are a real concern here to the point that they have alligator hunts just to keep the population down. Alabama does not have anything like that nor does it need to.

Imo I wonder if the”I’m so so sorry “ part isn’t a hint of distress or that she was trying to get her attention.

I thought Aniah was apologizing for not letting her friend know she was going to be out late because the friend had been waiting up for her. It seems like a normal conversation to me.

I can’t find the post numbers on my phone for some reason, but there is a post on page 36 of the first Aniah thread with a longer version of this Snapchat exchange. It’s the one where she also says, “I’m so, so sorry.” I think that’s where this is from.

Post numbers don’t show in portrait mode. Try landscape and the post numbers show up to the left of the “Like” etc. Hope that helps!

I’ve been around Auburn for 30 years and I’ve never seen an alligator except the baby one we caught in Samson and brought it up for a Florida game in college. The reason we drove to Samson was to catch a gator. We drove back to put it in its habitat a week later.

I know thousands of people in Auburn and the only one they’ve seen was in a house on E Samford for a week in a Aquarium that previously had held a boa constrictor before we moved in.

Regardless alligators aren’t in Auburn and alligators have zero to do with this case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member