Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
from I recall we were not allowed to question Sheri's story....guess that's changed?

I've never believed it. The resources spent on this 'hoax' or whatever one wishes to call it really angers me. I'm sure she's never been brought to justice to make reparations to the harm she did others

JMO

from I recall we were not allowed to question Sheri's story....guess that's changed?

I've never believed it. The resources spent on this 'hoax' or whatever one wishes to call it really angers me. I'm sure she's never been brought to justice to make reparations to the harm she did others

JMO

Yes, that changed a while ago.

JMO
After reading the extent of her injuries when she was found I am 100% convinced she was abducted and experienced severe abuse. She was bruised all over, broken nose, branded, hair chopped off, and emaciated. This was no hoax, and my prayers for her and her family continue.

Amateur opinion and speculation

After all this time, I honestly still don't know what to think. I am inclined to agree with those who suspect mental illness playing a big role. But then, there were the physical injuries and the fact she was found in restraints. This one has stumped me.

For those who believe the hoax theory, there seem to be four general theories around why she’d fake her abduction:

1 ) - Mental illness/imbalance
Already touched on in multiple posts and alluded to in the article about the previous 911 calls. The idea that SP suffers from some sort of mental issue(s) which drove the behavior. Most who believe this theory assume her family are either oblivious to it, or like me, know in the back of their minds something isn’t right but are passive enablers.

2) - Infidelity
SP was romantically involved with another man (or men) and used this as a way to shack up with one. This is a tough one because if that were the case, you’d think said guy would come out of the woodwork by now however there was the man from Michigan that LE confirmed she had a “texting & online relationship” with but wouldn’t verify if it was romantic. There’s is a strong allusion here to the fact it was romantic or sexting of some kind. While it’s possible SP may have been unfaithful to KP, it’s tough for me to think she was in bed with a random guy while gone.

3) - To “get away” for a while
SP’s family has driven the narrative for years that she is a devoted wife and “super mom” who does everything for everyone else. An offshoot of #1, the stresses of everyday life overwhelmed her to the point where she faked her own abduction just to escape. She may have planned on coming back all along or decided such after realizing life on the road wasn’t as good as her life at home.

4) - Money
Less complex and sexy but still a reason. Proponents here believe that SP (and possibly/likely KP) orchestrated the hoax knowing SP would return all along and they would sell their story to news outlets for $$$ and possibly even get a reality show or movie rights deal out of it. The family has retained multiple lawyers and PR folks but few - if any - are related to criminal matters and most are regarding entertainment and public image. KP was reportedly paid for his 20/20 appearance and there were rumblings - albeit in online forums we shan’t discuss here :) - about them angling for a reality show deal behind the scenes.

I do believe the hoax theory but lean more towards #1 with her family - especially KP - being well intentioned but naive enablers of her behavior. IMO they don’t want to believe she’s capable of this so despite all the holes in her story, they will go along with it because it’s “their Sherri” and she couldn’t possibly do that.

For those who believe the hoax theory, there seem to be four general theories around why she’d fake her abduction:

Already touched on in multiple posts and alluded to in the article about the previous 911 calls. The idea that SP suffers from some sort of mental issue(s) which drove the behavior. Most who believe this theory assume her family are either oblivious to it, or like me, know in the back of their minds something isn’t right but are passive enablers.

2) - Infidelity
SP was romantically involved with another man (or men) and used this as a way to shack up with one. This is a tough one because if that were the case, you’d think said guy would come out of the woodwork by now however there was the man from Michigan that LE confirmed she had a “texting & online relationship” with but wouldn’t verify if it was romantic. There’s is a strong allusion here to the fact it was romantic or sexting of some kind. While it’s possible SP may have been unfaithful to KP, it’s tough for me to think she was in bed with a random guy while gone.

SP’s family has driven the narrative for years that she is a devoted wife and “super mom” who does everything for everyone else. An offshoot of #1, the stresses of everyday life overwhelmed her to the point where she faked her own abduction just to escape. She may have planned on coming back all along or decided such after realizing life on the road wasn’t as good as her life at home.

4) - Money
Less complex and sexy but still a reason. Proponents here believe that SP (and possibly/likely KP) orchestrated the hoax knowing SP would return all along and they would sell their story to news outlets for $$$ and possibly even get a reality show or movie rights deal out of it. The family has retained multiple lawyers and PR folks but few - if any - are related to criminal matters and most are regarding entertainment and public image. KP was reportedly paid for his 20/20 appearance and there were rumblings - albeit in online forums we shan’t discuss here :) - about them angling for a reality show deal behind the scenes.

I do believe the hoax theory but lean more towards #1 with her family - especially KP - being well intentioned but naive enablers of her behavior. IMO they don’t want to believe she’s capable of this so despite all the holes in her story, they will go along with it because it’s “their Sherri” and she couldn’t possibly do that.

I'll take 5) All of the above

2) - Infidelity

4) - Money

I’ll take Money for 500 Alex........

Seriously any or all of the above. I didn’t believe her story from the start although we weren’t allowed to question it on WS.

And after seeing reports that the family abandoned their two dogs when they fled I don’t lost any sympathy I had for her “reasons.”

2) - Infidelity

4) - Money

I think a combo of all 4 but mainly 1 and 2.

The Shasta County Sheriff's Office told ABC News that while the investigation into Papini's alleged abduction is still "open and ongoing," the community should not be concerned by potential kidnappers on the loose."
“There should not be a public safety or a personal safety concern by the public regarding this case,” Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said.

This tells you all you need to know seeing her violent kidnappers are still technically on the loose

After reading the extent of her injuries when she was found I am 100% convinced she was abducted and experienced severe abuse. She was bruised all over, broken nose, branded, hair chopped off, and emaciated. This was no hoax, and my prayers for her and her family continue.

Mmmmm.... Yes, that info came from hubby. I find it rather telling that the hospital only kept her for a couple hours.

And from the pics of her after, when her "abductors" chopped off her hair, they gave her a pretty nice bob.

2) - Infidelity

4) - Money

Mainly 2 with a fair dose of 1 thrown in. LE didn't fly to Michigan to interview the Mystery Man just for kicks. I think she took off to spend some time with a fling. I think if hubby didn't know immediately that he figured it out pretty fast. I think he was pissed and made a big missing abducted wife production to embarrass her. The $ was an unexpected bonus for them. Presuming they actually got some of it. I wouldn't be surprised if the kidnapping expert guy ended up with the Lion's share of it.

Because I followed this case from the beginning, did a lot of sleuthing on my own and I believe this is not, nor has it ever been, an abduction by two hispanic women. There are a lot of factors in this case which IMO point to SP being initially gone of her own accord and having to fabricate a story which would sell what her husband had been pushing to the public. It all has to do with saving face, in my opinion. If there are also elements of financial fraud or political pressure from the Bethel Church, it hasn't been pursued by LE. So the case is over. And supposedly two dangerous kidnappers are still on the loose. Interesting that certain people are not pushing for these dangrous women to be found, and are in fact doing everything they can to bury this case and disappear from the public spotlight. I wonder what happened to all of those movie and book deals that were reportedly being negotiated at the time...

100%.

women are arrested and charged w sex trafficking all the time. usually, they too work for a pimp.

Yes and they don’t kidnap 30 year old middle class blonde women off the street.

Again, the reality of sex trafficking is LGBTQ youth, black and Hispanic youth from serious dysfunction and “voluntary” prostitutes with incredible addiction issues.

Full stop.

Pimps who pick up or confine women or girls for sex trafficking don’t want a high risk. It wouldn’t be worth the money to try to pimp out someone the world is searching for.

Sadly, they want “throwaway” people. Kids kicked out, runaways, mentally ill and addicts.

SP has an “interesting” history. There’s a lot there. A very strange dynamic.

Yeah but they don't abduct middle class white women off the street. If they did they wouldn't get away with it. Human trafficking affects women of colour, young women with no choices (eg women who age out of the foster care system) and poor women.

I should have read ahead before posting!!

I haven’t read here for awhile.

Hi
I’m genuinely curious about what you hypothesise happened to her? What about the alleged ‘branding ‘ to her skin, her alleged ‘shorn’ hair and drastic weight loss? Not to mention where she would have been hiding away without anyone coming forward to say that they saw her during this time period. I mean she would have had to get some supplies and sleep somewhere almost in secret unless she has help!
I do agree that the little I have read about the case, many elements of it just don’t add up whatsoever and you have read and looked into it far far more than I so I respect your opinion and input thank you

She was released from the hospital within hours. A photo of her not long after she was “rescued” does not in any way shape or form show “shorn” hair.

Me thinks her husband exaggerated her condition. And she claimed they shaved her head to humiliate her. I didn’t know you could braid shorn hair just a month later.

0ED6EFCA-65B4-43E0-BD7A-33F9482E9593.jpeg
Sherri Papini is seen picking up children in California | Daily Mail Online

I am NOT saying this is what happened because I still have no idea what I really think here, and I have seen no evidence of what I’m about to hypothesize. But IF they had an abusive relationship, there could be a history of physical abuse. Possibly one time it went so far that she had visible injuries from which she needed time to recover and she was hidden away in the meantime. And so a cover story was invented.

I think others here wondered about this as well.

I can’t quite figure out how the husband was accurate about her coming home for Thanksgiving.

Could that have been a message that it was okay to come back? That he wanted her back?

Where’s the proof? Her hair didn’t look like her husband described it and she was released the same day. Hours later. For someone that emaciated and beaten half to death I would think they’d keep her in the historial longer than that.

But regardless, the fact is some people have a history of starving themselves and/or harming themselves. And some actually do things like that to support false accusations. Of course usually that’s with a specific person in mind but it could be for other reasons as well. Like to get out of a situation and have an excuse for disappearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288