GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Meanwhile, while Lori Loughlin and husband continue dithering around, Felicity Huffman has already paid her $30,000 fine, done her 14 days prison sentence, and is doing her probation and community service. She has also been offered big bucks for an exclusive interview.
According to Lori's husband, pleading guilty would hurt their careers. Felicity Huffman shows that is not likely to be the case as people like a well deserved comeback.

The public can forgive mistakes if you own them. Lori could have been done with her prison sentence by Thanksgiving had she took the first plea deal...My 2 Cents.......

• Felicity Huffman appeared to be making progress on her community service at a teen center in LA on Sunday
  • The former Desperate Housewives star left the building carrying a tub with two muffin pans.
20566216-7646485-Community_service_Felicity_Huffman_was_seen_Sunday_at_The_Teen_P-a-31_1572880378771.jpg

Felicity Huffman sets about her community service at teen center in LA after release from prison | Daily Mail Online

She is too cheap to buy some fabulous muffins from somewhere? I cannot believe home baked goods are allowed. Ugh. Who knows what anyone’s kitchen is like.

Who knows what the factory kitchen is like from where a store buys the muffins? Or how old the muffins are after being delivered in a truck?

Last edited:
  • Meanwhile, while Lori Loughlin and husband continue dithering around, Felicity Huffman has already paid her $30,000 fine, done her 14 days prison sentence, and is doing her probation and community service. She has also been offered big bucks for an exclusive interview.
According to Lori's husband, pleading guilty would hurt their careers. Felicity Huffman shows that is not likely to be the case as people like a well deserved comeback.

The public can forgive mistakes if you own them. Lori could have been done with her prison sentence by Thanksgiving had she took the first plea deal...My 2 Cents.......

• Felicity Huffman appeared to be making progress on her community service at a teen center in LA on Sunday
  • The former Desperate Housewives star left the building carrying a tub with two muffin pans.
20566216-7646485-Community_service_Felicity_Huffman_was_seen_Sunday_at_The_Teen_P-a-31_1572880378771.jpg

Felicity Huffman sets about her community service at teen center in LA after release from prison | Daily Mail Online

No, Loughlin would not have received the same deal as Huffman, since the money involved in her case is much larger and involves actual bribery and direct fraud rather than just cheating. The stakes are much higher for Loughlin than Huffman.

She is too cheap to buy some fabulous muffins from somewhere? I cannot believe home baked goods are allowed. Ugh. Who knows what anyone’s kitchen is like.

Community service involves actually doing service, not just buying some stuff. She would have had to make them herself.

I would guess that her kitchen is better equipped and cleaner than your average baked goods store.

I don't see how that would jeopardize the kids. They did not bribe anyone. Making misleading statements on an admission application about participating in some trivial sport is not criminal, the worse that could happen is that the University would expel them. The University is supposed to verify these things beforehand, which did not happen because the people tasked with doing that verification were bribed by the parents. The crime in this case was the bribing of the sports officials to designate them as "recruits" when they were not. The parents did that, not the girls.

No, Loughlin would not have received the same deal as Huffman, since the money involved in her case is much larger and involves actual bribery and direct fraud rather than just cheating. The stakes are much higher for Loughlin than Huffman.

In my opinion only, Lori would only have gotten a month or two of prison if she had done exactly what Huffman did. Plea right away, take responsibility, act serious not doing autographs and do an apology letter. The sentences for those who took plea deals immediately were just months, not years.

A few hearings this week:

11/13/19 at 10:00 am – scheduled to plead guilty before Judge Talwani
Igor DVORSKIY (Conspiracy to commit racketeering)
Dvorskiy, who headed the West Hollywood Test Center, was a former test administrator employed by the ACT and the College Board, which operates the SAT. He was paid by Rick Singer to open his school for students whose parents paid to have their college entrance exam scores fixed.
ACT/SAT administrator flips, pleads guilty in college admissions scam

11/13/19 at 3:00 pm – Sentencing hearing before Judge Gorton.
Toby MACFARLANE (Conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud)
MacFarlane admitted to making two separate payments of $200,000 to the sham nonprofit operated by Rick Singer. Singer, in turn, facilitated his children's admissions as soccer and basketball recruits into USC through bribes to three USC employees. MacFarlane also made a $50,000 payment to USC athletics.
Toby MacFarlane paid $450K to get kids college admission to USC

11/15/2019 at 2:30 - Plea hearing before Judge Talwani.
Martin FOX (Conspiracy to commit racketeering)
Fox was president of a private tennis camp in Houston, funneled bribes from Singer to a standardized test administrator in Houston and ultimately to Michael Center – the former men’s tennis coach at the University of Texas at Austin.
Texas Man & 4 More Parents Plead Guilty In College Admissions Scandal

Investigations of College Admissions and Testing Bribery Scheme

Wall Street Journal editorial board member: 'Free Lori Loughlin'

McGurn’s central premise was as follows:

We’re dealing with Lori and Mossimo—an actress and a fashion designer—not Bonnie and Clyde.
Even if she did everything prosecutors claim she did, are these really crimes against the federal government?

Wall Street Journal Columnist’s Attempt to Drum Up Support for Lori Loughlin Was Pretty Cringeworthy

WSJ Columnist’s Attempt to Drum Up Support for Lori Loughlin Was Pretty Cringeworthy

I see, so are we now going to use this as a legal principle moving forward? There are worse criminals facing lesser consequences, therefore the whole system is unfair and Aunt Becky should go free? I don’t know what kind of nonsense legal relativism that is, but that is just not how criminal law works. And while we’re on the topic, what, exactly would a “crime against the federal government " be?

Last edited:

McGurn’s central premise was as follows:

We’re dealing with Lori and Mossimo—an actress and a fashion designer—not Bonnie and Clyde.
Even if she did everything prosecutors claim she did, are these really crimes against the federal government?

Wall Street Journal Columnist’s Attempt to Drum Up Support for Lori Loughlin Was Pretty Cringeworthy

I see, so are we now going to use this as a legal principle moving forward? There are worse criminals facing lesser consequences, therefore the whole system is unfair and Aunt Becky should go free? I don’t know what kind of nonsense legal relativism that is, but that is just not how criminal law works. And while we’re on the topic, what, exactly would a “crime against th

WSJ Columnist’s Attempt to Drum Up Support for Lori Loughlin Was Pretty Cringeworthy

RBBM

These are crimes against every person taking the SAT and their families.

The scores are scaled, inflated scores hurt everyone (except possibly test-prep companies, and lookee there are some involved here!) and hurt their families.

The scores influence/factor into Federal financial aid. Students with lower scores typically receive less aid, so must work more hours or borrow more to stay in school -- or drop out when they &/or their family can no longer afford the college.

These crimes hurt taxpayers, the regulations are in place to protect the schools, protect individuals, and protect that important group -- we taxpayers.

Yes, indeed, a Federal crime & I'm glad we are able to follow the case!

RBBM

The scores are scaled, inflated scores hurt everyone (except possibly test-prep companies, and lookee there are some involved here!) and hurt their families.

The scores influence/factor into Federal financial aid. Students with lower scores typically receive less aid, so must work more hours or borrow more to stay in school -- or drop out when they &/or their family can no longer afford the college.

These crimes hurt taxpayers, the regulations are in place to protect the schools, protect individuals, and protect that important group -- we taxpayers.

Thanks for all this information of how these crimes matter, how they can affect people.

RBBM

Not to forget the abuse of the Americans with Disabilities act. The fraudulent claims of "disability" to receive additional benefits during test administration is beyond depraved. And lacks ethics on every level.

Not to forget the abuse of the Americans with Disabilities act. The fraudulent claims of "disability" to receive additional benefits during test administration is beyond depraved. And lacks ethics on every level.

Wow, good catch. Surprised the media hasn't pick up on it. If you have twitter go to journalists' twitters and sound off! Just an idea.

Last edited:
Good point, where is the media when it comes to these victims? An opportunity for them, great human interest story. The door is open, it’s right in front of them. Will they take it?

Good point, where is the media when it comes to these victims? An opportunity for them, great human interest story. The door is open, it’s right in front of them. Will they take it?

Because, no one cares about fraud or ethical wrongdoing any longer. People consider it part of normal life now. "Everyone does it", and if you don't get on the bandwagon, you are the loser.

That is why Loughlin is pleading "Not Guilty" because she doesn't think that she did anything wrong. She will blame everyone else, that they told her "everyone does it". That is the way we "play the game". These people are so morally and ethically bankrupt, they don't even understand the concept of shame.

Sure, fake a disability. It isn't that big of a deal. Sure, pretend to be on the crew team. Lie, scam, cheat, fraud...whatever it takes to get ahead.

That is a letter that certainly gives insight into her behavior and choices. At times, I have had the same misgivings and questions. I would never be able to bring myself to cheat for my child but it is clear that she has done some significant soul searching.

Nah, she just paid someone to write that letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member