Found Deceased GA - Alexis Crawford, 21, Clark Atlanta University student, Atlanta, 30 Oct 2019 *arrest*

Atlanta Police Dept on Twitter

MISSING PERSON: APD is seeking info to locate 21-year-old Alexis Crawford. Below are photos showing her inside of a business at 595 Ralph David Abernathy Blvd in SW Atlanta. These photos are the most recent available. Know something? Call @StopCrimeATL at 404-577-TIPS with info.

Looks like she was wearing a brightly colored hoodie sweatshirt with big white block letters, so hopefully this will help jog someone's memory. MOO

Also, this address (bbm) checks out as D & M Liquor Store, which natesma mentioned earlier in the thread.
D&M Package Store is very close to her apartment. It closes at midnight, 10pm on Sundays.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Looks like she was wearing a brightly colored hoodie sweatshirt with big white block letters, so hopefully this will help jog someone's memory. MOO

Also, this address (bbm) checks out as D & M Liquor Store, which natesma mentioned earlier in the thread.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
She also seems somewhat happy and unthreatened in these stills. MOO EBM

What are the possibilities here? Her place was locked when roommate woke. She’s a criminal justice major. She’s also a sociology major.

1. She left with intentions to harm herself- where would she go?
2. She left for some other reason but where is she?
A. food(anywhere close on foot)
B. Alcohol was liquid courage and she left to confront someone ? (Assume trauma was known suspect assault)
C. She left to cope

what do you think?

I would like to hear exactly what happened earlier that week. Seems it may be a big piece of the puzzle
I wonder if they are trying to preserve her privacy, in hopes she has chosen to take some time to herself. If there is another person involved in the earlier incident, and if LE knows who that person is, then I’m sure they’re pursuing that angle.

I do hope she is taking time to herself, vs. being harmed in some way, by herself or someone else.

I’m concerned that her roommate has made sure that everyone knows they left the apartment together. Seems like an alibi in case they were seen together, especially since they weren’t on speaking terms. I believe she was alive leaving the apartment, but I doubt she actually came home. I’m so hoping I’m wrong.

Police release new photos of missing Clark Atlanta student
“I just want to say to the city of Atlanta: Can you just please help me find my baby sister?” Crawford’s brother, Derrick Carter, said. “And Alexis, we love you. If you're out there, you're looking at this, give us a call. We're right here with you, OK?”

Anyone with information on Crawford’s whereabouts is asked to call Atlanta police Detectives T. Fantauzzi or J. Golphin at 404-526-4235 or email tnfantauzzi@atlantaga.gov or jgolphin@atlantaga.gov.

Yes the 26th was the weekend prior, it seems likely to me someone assaulted her in her room and that’s likely the root of this terrifying situation- I believe she may have been silenced :(
JMO
Maybe a “friend” of the roommate??

Yes the 26th was the weekend prior, it seems likely to me someone assaulted her in her room and that’s likely the root of this terrifying situation- I believe she may have been silenced :(
JMO
Maybe a “friend” of the roommate??

This is exactly what I’m thinking, right down to a “friend” of roommate. She was still comfortable sleeping on the couch in the living room so I think that’s a sign that it wasn’t the roommate herself, but something tramutic happened in that bedroom and it’s quite a coincidence her and her roommate stop talking to each other right after that..

This is just awful all around. I feel so bad for her and whatever she’s had to go through

I’m concerned that her roommate has made sure that everyone knows they left the apartment together. Seems like an alibi in case they were seen together, especially since they weren’t on speaking terms. I believe she was alive leaving the apartment, but I doubt she actually came home. I’m so hoping I’m wrong.

I think this is noteworthy! Wonder if LE has a tight and verified timeline of the two coming home together. Did a neighbor notice the roommate’s car at a certain time, are there security (or resident doorbell) cameras at the apartment complex that captured their return?

IMO your theory is especially compelling in light of the facts that:
1) “The front door was locked with a deadbolt...”* rbbm
and
2) “Her cellphone, her ID and her debit card were also gone, but a cellphone charger and a key to the apartment were left behind.”* rbbm

*snipped from this article linked in an earlier post by @dotr [post RSBM]

How could the deadbolt be locked, from the outside, without a key? Did she have more than one key to the apartment? It wouldn’t be newsworthy if she had left her spare, right?? Certainly LE noted this.

All IMO/MOO

I think this is noteworthy! Wonder if LE has a tight and verified timeline of the two coming home together. Did a neighbor notice the roommate’s car at a certain time, are there security (or resident doorbell) cameras at the apartment complex that captured their return?

and
2) “Her cellphone, her ID and her debit card were also gone, but a cellphone charger and a key to the apartment were left behind.”* rbbm

How could the deadbolt be locked, from the outside, without a key? Did she have more than one key to the apartment? It wouldn’t be newsworthy if she had left her spare, right?? Certainly LE noted this.

All IMO/MOO
Great catch! I didn't pick up on the deadbolt, did they say that in a media story?

Unsure of the distance from AC's home, probably/hopefully unrelated, just noting!
3 hrs ago..
Body found in abandoned burning shed
"ATLANTA - Atlanta fire crews worked to extinguish flames in an abandoned shed in southwest Atlanta early Wednesday. Inside the storage building behind an abandoned building, they found a body.

It’s not clear whether the person died from the fire or something more sinister".

Also, if I’m not on speaking terms with someone, I definitely am not giving them a ride to the store/asking for a ride to the store. That seems very odd. IMOO

Maybe Alexis was the intended/traditional purchaser for a larger group of people, who were underage? And one of the underaged people said "C'mon, get Roommate to drive you"?

Or maybe they had a taxi-service type of agreement, that Alexis backed up with $$ the roommate didn't want to lose?

I too am puzzled by the apparent "living room seemed safer to her" concept; and/but I don't trust the roommate for anything that begins with "Roommate says". I've been burned too many times in the past by statements on various threads made in extreme good faith, which should in fact have been responded to with a reminder: "According to Roommate." "According to Spouse."; etc. Once it becomes conventional wisdom and used as the bedrock of a case, it's tough to switch off that conventional wisdom.

I

and

All IMO/MOO

I was trying to figure out the key left behind/deadbolt locked thing too...

Why would they specifically note a key was left behind? And if her only key was inside then how could she have locked the deadbolt?

Unless the roommate was involved or someone else with a key?

Or maybe she had a significant other - who had a key- staying with her in her bedroom sometimes, and that's what the trauma was all about? Maybe he came to the apartment that night and so one of their keys was left behind and the other key was used to lock-up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back