OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the link

Pike County judge closes hearings over custody of children who survived family's murder

The takeaway from this article is that Sheriff Reader said "all 3 children remain in danger". That includes Hanna Rhoden's infant, as well as her brother Frankie's (and Hannah Gilley's) baby. Neither of those infants was old enough to talk and would not have recognized the killers.

That sounds like LE didn't know at the time who the killers were. Of course, Judge Rosenberger eventually gave JW custody of S.

JMO, the 4 Wagners had LE and the judge fooled for quite a while. Thought they were all folks "living next to the cross" or whatever. Some of the killers were probably still feeding false tips to LE, trying to incriminate other family members.

ETA: Here's what I have in my timeline for that period

Sometime in August: JW & brother list the Peterson Rd farm for sale

Monday, August 8, 2016

Columbus Dispatch files lawsuit against Pike County Coroner’s office saying it is improperly withholding final autopsy results.

Coroner, attorney general refuse to release final autopsies in Pike County killings

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Pike County Judge Rosenberger rules records and court hearings regarding custody of the children who survived the Rhoden Family Massacre be kept closed to the public. Sheriff Charles Reader testifies in court that all three children and their caregivers are still in danger.

Pike County judge closes hearings over custody of children who survived family's murder

Friday, September 9, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with George Wagner III

Jake Wagner appears in court, some evidence turned over to his attorneys

Friday, September 23, 2016
Ohio AG releases heavily redacted final autopsy reports
Ohio AG releases redacted Rhoden autopsy reports

Attorney General releases heavily redacted Pike County autopsy reports

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

PCSO/BCI conducts an audio interview with Angela Wagner

Ibid

After this entry, I show no other activity related to the case until early 2017.

I'm going to clarify this timeline some more, as there's some confusion. On Aug 11, 2016, there was the article in which the surviving Rhoden's scoffed at Sheriff Reader's remarks about keeping court records from the public because the children were still in grave danger. So Reader's comments were before the Sept 1 article.

Anyway, as I recalled it, the victim's families felt that LE's remarks were aimed at them, as if they were the suspects. Yep, JMO, that was unfair and ultimately was proven incorrect.

Rhodens scoff at Pike County sheriff's comments

From the comments, it also sounds like Tony Rhoden didn't think the kids were still in danger, meaning he either didn't suspect the 4 Wags of the murders or felt they could handle any threats themselves. Keep in mind they were still a family in terrible shock, out of their minds with grief after the loss of so many family members.

BUBM
Ty for the timeline @Betty P. One thing that I can speak to, is that yes, until you've been there, no one realizes what shock and grief will do to a person/family that has been thru a traumatic event . No two people will handle a traumatic situation in the same fashion. When you look at some of the bits and pieces, that we can see, some of the actions/reactions may not add up, but to the Rs/HHG, it may have been normalcy, it's why I don't think the Rs/HHG saw this coming, I feel that the two families, or at least JW, kept a somewhat amicable relationship with them. That had to be part of the plan. Had they not, I feel the Rs would have been ready for them.

I didn't here him speak only to that one. I'll have to re-listen to the vid. The other one was rather public.

The Daily Mail reporter asked him QUOTE:

"Do you believe that the marijuana had something to do with the murders?"

Leonard Manley answers QUOTE:

"I don't know I think it was just road rage attack and maybe a child custody thing."

He's talking about HR being possibly murdered over custody and he was the only one who said that until the arrests. I've never heard anything about other custody disputes except the facebook argument concerning Kylie.

It was brave that he said it.....considering......

Last edited:
BUBM
Ty for the timeline @Betty P. One thing that I can speak to, is that yes, until you've been there, no one realizes what shock and grief will do to a person/family that has been thru a traumatic event . No two people will handle a traumatic situation in the same fashion. When you look at some of the bits and pieces, that we can see, some of the actions/reactions may not add up, but to the Rs/HHG, it may have been normalcy, it's why I don't think the Rs/HHG saw this coming, I feel that the two families, or at least JW, kept a somewhat amicable relationship with them. That had to be part of the plan. Had they not, I feel the Rs would have been ready for them.

Agree, I don't think any of the families anticipated anything close to the Rhoden family massacre. I could see LM being a little more in tune with the recent escalation in the custody dispute. Dana (and Hanna) probably confided in her mom and dad regularly, probably BJM, too. As BJM had said before, she helped raise Dana & Chris's children, she was around them so much.

But no one saw this coming. It was like a massive bomb blast in the midst of all the families. LM seemed to be the only one left living who had a hint and the 4W's (probably JW) made his family the target. Later, after he won custody, they allowed Kenneth's daughter and the other Rhodens to see S. They were clever in how they tried to play surviving family members against each other and into supporting the W's. But, JMO, things changed when they took off for AK with S.

Agree, I don't think any of the families anticipated anything close to the Rhoden family massacre. I could see LM being a little more in tune with the recent escalation in the custody dispute. Dana (and Hanna) probably confided in her mom and dad regularly, probably BJM, too. As BJM had said before, she helped raise Dana & Chris's children, she was around them so much.

But no one saw this coming. It was like a massive bomb blast in the midst of all the families. LM seemed to be the only one left living who had a hint and the 4W's (probably JW) made his family the target. Later, after he won custody, they allowed Kenneth's daughter and the other Rhodens to see S. They were clever in how they tried to play surviving family members against each other and into supporting the W's. But, JMO, things changed when they took off for AK with S.
Yes I agree the Wagners "played surviving family members against each other and into supporting the W's."

They were easily able to do this because they had all the leverage with S. Some posters had questioned why Kendra Rhoden was so friendly to Jake on his facebook when the laser focus was on him. My opinion is she had no choice if she wanted any kind of relationship with S.

And yes I agree "things changed when they took off for Alaska with S."
Example from article:

At long last, murder charges bring relief, healing to Pike County

"...At the time the Wagners had left Ohio for Alaska’s remote Kenai peninsula, it was then that locals felt their suspicions — that a family once friendly with the Rhodens could be suspects in their cold-blooded murders — could be true.

Saundra Ford, a co-worker of Dana Rhoden’s, said the community’s attention turned to the Wagners when they moved to Alaska last year.

“The minute they left town everybody started speculating,” she said. .."
*************************************************************************************

Brian Stephens, another Pike County resident, said growing up his family did work on a Wagner property, and he remembers the family, and being around the property "just seemed off." "They were real sketchy and they just always lashed out on people if they did one thing wrong," he said.

'How in the world could anybody do this?' Shock after family charged in Rhoden murders

Reminds me someone in the Oxygen interviews said Billy's nickname was Bad Billy. Probably acted tough and always got his way with Wagner money to back him up. When caught with a whole lot of stolen property he asked the officer "can I pay a fine?" Entitled much?

Jake: " Even if K is not mine, I still will want mandatory visitation with her. "
Entitlement with a capital E.

Last edited:

"I don't know I think it was just road rage attack and maybe a child custody thing."

He's talking about HR being possibly murdered over custody and he was the only one who said that until the arrests. I've never heard anything about other custody disputes except the facebook argument concerning Kylie.

I didn't hear him say her name. They'd had a blow up over another infant, and that infant's father, though, just that week. He's naming off things. He named off the slapping incident and the road rage incident and the derby care incident too, at various times. No, I don't think he knew.

I didn't hear him say her name. They'd had a blow up over another infant, and that infant's father, though, just that week. He's naming off things. He named off the slapping incident and the road rage incident and the derby care incident too, at various times. No, I don't think he knew.

He didn't "know." He was speculating that the murders happened because of road rage or from child custody. He knew what was going on with the custody but he didn't know for sure that the murders were custody related.
These are the only 2 things I remember him saying regarding motive for the murders of his family. There could be more.

The only person murdered who had any custody issues was Hanna. No one else in the families who had custody issues was murdered. Obviously, to me, Leonard is referring to Hanna possibly being murdered due to custody.

Last edited:

The woman charged with slapping CRjr was in a situation where SHE could have lost custody of HER kids over that being charged in that incident, also. That is whom I thought he was referring to originally since he mentioned the "road rage attack and maybe a child custody thing". It was discussed at that time because of a comment that woman made. My opinion only... LM is the only one who knows what he meant....

......RESPONDING TO ABOVE POST.....

Question asked of LM by the Daily Mail, you can hear his British accent.

Leonard Manley's immediate answer to that question:

LM was answering a specific question. Am I the only one who heard this on the video clip?

I trust what he answered. I trust what I heard. That he thought the murders could have been road rage or custody related. He said he didn't know.
I have never seen anything about Rebecca A. (RRL) being at risk to loose custody, and I don't even know if she had young kids to lose custody over.

I can't convince anyone to hear the video like I heard it. I posted it and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
Hi, No link so JMO MOO I'm wondering if there are all locals on here who can verify whether, or not, something is happening at the W farm right now? Particularly the cemetery? Like I wrote, I have no link Opinion only... from two hours ago.
"I know it’s happening on Wagner property where the W Farm is.
Bethel Hill is where Billy & Angela lived when their house burnt, before they moved to Peterson Rd.
As of an hour ago, I heard that Rescue & Recovery were on scene...
The cemetery is out there. Maybe the elusive Shannon Miller was as killed and buried out there in someone’s grave with them!! You never can tell, but I do think maybe Georgie Boy IV is talking...
Last night there were 2 state patrol cars parked at a cemetery that is across the street from Bethel Road. They even stayed there the night. Today there were 4 cars there and an ATV. Someone asked them what they were doing and they said hanging out. A person called to try to find out and were told they were not sure what was going on. He said the cemetery is on the property of the Flying W farm. He was on 32 highway this morning and 4 vehicles came going toward union hill road. Two of the vehicles were blue and white marked/dive vehicles. There was also an unmarked helicopter in the area at one point. He said it could be connected to something with the case or it could be something else going on, he is not sure. Anyone local know anything?"

JMO

Just found it. Search warrant being executed at Fredericka Wagner’s property - Scioto Valley Guardian.

"The Guardian has learned that a search warrant is being conducted right now, November 6, 2019, at Fredericka Wagner’s property, The Flying W farm, by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations and the Pike County Sheriff’s office. The warrant has been on-going since Monday.

Thank you Almond and OhioBlues this could get very interesting I hope y'all or someone else can keep us updated.

Reminds me someone in the Oxygen interviews said Billy's nickname was Bad Billy. Probably acted tough and always got his way with Wagner money to back him up. When caught with a whole lot of stolen property he asked the officer "can I pay a fine?" Entitled much?

"And Wagner influence ..." you know it was there. How else does someone commit crimes, but the prosecutor doesn't bother to take action, until time has expired for prosecution? :rolleyes:

I feel badly for Kenneth's daughter; she did the right thing by doing all she could to make sure S was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam