IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding this as the video part way through shows a ship's employee (?) or a PR LE looking like he's demonstrating what observers may have witnessed.
He basically holds both his hands out the window and jiggles them up and down a bit-- then opens his hands, palms downward , Like he (SA) is playing a "whoopsie" game and let go.
May be nothing -- but the cameras should have caught this in detail.

Grandad 'had to be sedated' after dropping toddler 150ft to her death on cruise ship - Daily Star
"... According to the paper, after the incident the distraught grandfather kept muttering: “I thought it was like she was at a hockey game.” The revelation comes after local officials initially said Anello had been “dangling” the toddler out of the window and had lost his grip..."
emph. mine

This was interesting as I thought the lawyer initially brought up the hockey game reference and not SA ?

Yes LK!

Note how the narrative has changed yet again!

Just a little...but an attempt to reinforce the ‘hockey glass-banging’ story.

I seem to remember the first utterances were something along the lines of ‘just goofing around’!!

Yes LK!

Note how the narrative has changed yet again!

Just a little...but an attempt to reinforce the ‘hockey glass-banging’ story.

I seem to remember the first utterances were something along the lines of ‘just goofing around’!!

The spin continues.......

The first report I saw from Puerto Rican officials said he held her outside the window “in an act of games” which is what I think really happened.

He was playing a game, trying to scare her, and then he lost his grip and she fell.

I think the video clearly shows he was negligent otherwise he wouldn’t have been charged.

Same for me. Something else I’ve realized over the last few years, some people just have “something” missing. Something essential. Something necessary. I keep searching for an explanation, but there doesn’t seem to be one. I think this question was actually part of what motivated me to educate myself in this field.
I’ve researched personality disorders, etc. but still have had a hard time pinning down this sort of blatant neglect and, what seems to be very immature, self centered, irresponsible, extremely childlike behavior by an adult, that coincides with this type of horrific lack of judgment. It has me baffled.
Anyway, if anyone has any insight to share on this would you kindly let me know? Tia

Literally could have brain synapses that don’t connect. The nerve endings aren’t transmitting info to each other.
A neuro psychiatrist could explain it better. But basically, there is a neurological impairment with some people and they don’t get it bc they CAN’T get it. Their brains are malfunctioning. The electrical impulses are haywire for a lack of better explanation.
Alzheimer’s sufferers get a tangled web of something. can’t remember name. That clogs up the brains talking to correct receptors.
People like this, might have a true physical brain impairment. Not bc they are dumb, as in low iq. or birth defect caused by delivery. But their brains are not wired correctly.
People with depression show dark areas on brain MRI’s. I don’t know if this not talking to each other in the brain problem can be shown by any type of test like MRI. I think it’s diagnosed like Alzheimer’s. Symptoms. After death and autopsy is when the tangle in an Alzheimer’s brain can be clearly seen.
I don’t know if not connecting synapses can be seen in an autopsy.

Literally could have brain synapses that don’t connect. The nerve endings aren’t transmitting info to each other.
A neuro psychiatrist could explain it better. But basically, there is a neurological impairment with some people and they don’t get it bc they CAN’T get it. Their brains are malfunctioning. The electrical impulses are haywire for a lack of better explanation.
Alzheimer’s sufferers get a tangled web of something. can’t remember name. That clogs up the brains talking to correct receptors.
People like this, might have a true physical brain impairment. Not bc they are dumb, as in low iq. or birth defect caused by delivery. But their brains are not wired correctly.
People with depression show dark areas on brain MRI’s. I don’t know if this not talking to each other in the brain problem can be shown by any type of test like MRI. I think it’s diagnosed like Alzheimer’s. Symptoms. After death and autopsy is when the tangle in an Alzheimer’s brain can be clearly seen.
I don’t know if not connecting synapses can be seen in an autopsy.

It can certainly be complicated. I do wonder if he has a history of poor impulse control, or of foolish, reckless behavior in general.

fool·ish
/ˈfo͞oliSH/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. (of a person or action) lacking good sense or judgment; unwise.
    "it was foolish of you to enter into correspondence"

It can certainly be complicated. I do wonder if he has a history of poor impulse control, or of foolish, reckless behavior in general.

fool·ish
/ˈfo͞oliSH/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
The numerous tickets he got for not wearing his seatbelts and/or speeding certainly point to recklessness.

fool·ish
/ˈfo͞oliSH/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
I, personally, would not entrust anything I really cared about in the care of someone with a background of reckless behavior. Kind of like my late, ex FIL who was basically never sober...no one put ANYTHING in "Father's" lap whether he wanted to hold a child or not. We all knew better. Disaster awaited. BUT--that's just me, I guess. Me and my opinion.

Other Traffic Violations Not Ticketed?
G'father received tickets for failure to wear safety belt 5 times - 2013, 2012, 2008, 2000, 1996. Clearly not a one time lapse in judgment, seems to be habitual non-belter, imo. Two speeding tickets – 2015, and 2000 (20 mph over). Total of 7 tickets in 15 years. No record of tickets issued in conjunction w collisions, DUI/DWI, or reckless/careless & imprudent diving (or IND. equiv's). Guessing he drives to & from work daily (assuming always employed & not a telecommuter) plus driving for the usual errands and activities. Is that a lot of tickets? Or few?

How many other times was he stopped by LE? Stopped, but no tickets issued? Is it possible when LE has stopped him, it has been for reasons other than seat belt violations. Maybe other moving violations indicating poor judgment (in addition to no seat belt) and endangering others? Did he talk LEOs out of tickets for offenses? Doubt that we’ll find out and may not matter.

Does his years–long non-belting history tell us something about his concern & judgment for the safety of others? Is it relevant to Chloe’s death?

{{{ETA: Adding my vote to the consortium of ppl who would not trust him w anything of value. Nope, not even a houseplant.}}}

Last edited:
I, personally, would not entrust anything I really cared about in the care of someone with a background of reckless behavior. Kind of like my late, ex FIL who was basically never sober...no one put ANYTHING in "Father's" lap whether he wanted to hold a child or not. We all knew better. Disaster awaited. BUT--that's just me, I guess. Me and my opinion.
Hey, I’m all in with you on that. Had my share of abusive men in my life as well. It’s not pleasant, let me tell you, :(

I love having my dogs ride with me in my car, but I only roll the windows down enough to allow their heads to stick out of the windows bc I’m terrified they’d see a squirrel and make a break for it if they had the wiggle room. The thought of holding a toddler anywhere in the vicinity of an open window at that height sends my anxiety to a whole other level. The lapse of judgment here is inexcusable though I do have a great deal of sympathy for the grandfather and family.

It’s over 40 years ago since my children were that age & I remember always standing back and holding them on my hip or crouching down with them with both my arms right around their waist so they couldn’t move.

Such a horrific thing to have happened.
If only she was in a pram.

I wonder whether the parents' determination to hold the cruise ship company responsible is a way to deflect their own guilt - the guilt that they entrusted the care of their baby to someone with a history of reckless behavious?

It’s over 40 years ago since my children were that age & I remember always standing back and holding them on my hip or crouching down with them with both my arms right around their waist so they couldn’t move.

Such a horrific thing to have happened.
If only she was in a pram.

Or just a carrier. Strapped to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads