Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also don't know how much of the alcohol he consumed, he could have been plying Millane with it and not getting that drunk himself. It's so sad watching the CCTV and the text messages to her friend. I can imagine at that age it would seem exciting and flashy that he 'lived in a hotel'.
Looking at the footage from the lift I'd say Grace was not that drunk, she's sure on her feet and responsive to his actions, and she seems to be checking her appearance in a mirror on the back wall (if there is one there). I think from the way he kissed her in the bar so very soon he was testing the water, to see how compliant she would be to his domination.

Watching the CCTV is so sad. Grace seemed happy and chatty, like any other young woman on a date. Completely oblivious to what would happen to her later on. Awful for her poor family to watch. Going by the texts she sent to her friend about the guy coming to see her in England, she may have had thoughts of a potential relationship.

It’s chilling to think what could have been going through his mind in that CCTV. Rifling through her bag was particularly creepy. I thought the first kiss seemed a bit controlling, with his hand on the back of her head almost pushing her forward. He was very touchy-feely as well, forcing intimacy after knowing her a few hours. That was a red flag for me. Seems like poor Grace thought he was someone she could trust.

Looking at the footage from the lift I'd say Grace was not that drunk, she's sure on her feet and responsive to his actions, and she seems to be checking her appearance in a mirror on the back wall (if there is one there). I think from the way he kissed her in the bar so very soon he was testing the water, to see how compliant she would be to his domination.

Again I don’t know about this one, I know some people (myself included!) who have drunk quite a lot and been fairly intoxicated but still fairly compus mentus, where others would be stumbling around.

I think that is the only reason she went for the tinder date rather than stay at the hostel. ....A girl that doesn't want to be a "trophy" won by hordes of competing young guys at a party hostel.

I stayed in the same Hostel in Auckland, i wouldn't really describe it as a party hostel - most people are sat around the common area on their phones using the wifi, eating their pasta (the only meal backpackers eat!) having a few beers and playing card games. Backpacker environments are alot more chilled than a busy city bar.

I know I was more likely than normal to go back to someones place with someone i just met as a backpacker, because staying in bunk beds in dorm rooms for months on end with communal bathrooms and showers, you just begin to crave a quiet space, darkness, a double bed, a bath! As well as warmth and affection from another person. Looking back on it now with hindsight i'd never do it again.

Again I don’t know about this one, I know some people (myself included!) who have drunk quite a lot and been fairly intoxicated but still fairly compus mentus, where others would be stumbling around.

At 22 I’d have vomited on my own shoes then been up for more. These days I’d probably be in A&E getting my stomach pumped.

It's very heartbreaking to hear now what happened. She was happy and trusting .... it just breaks my heart :(

For her sake I wish that this was just sexual play gone terribly wrong, it would mean less suffering for her, but with all that blood and his creepy behaviour before and especially after she died I fear her last minutes were terrifying.

Poor Grace trusted a psychopath. He was very skilled, making her feel comfortable and relaxed, as psychopaths can do.

How do her parents listen to this without having a complete breakdown? Sending prayers and love to them!

First post and new to the case.
He really didn't seem planned if this was a premeditated murder. Obvious links to her via cctv, tinder messages, fb post etc. I don't see how he could think he would get away with it? Or does he just have a low IQ?
The amount of blood seems a lot as well. Other potential injuries or is that all just from the nose?

He really didn't seem planned if this was a premeditated murder. Obvious links to her via cctv, tinder messages, fb post etc. I don't see how he could think he would get away with it? Or does he just have a low IQ?

Some of these murderers and alleged murderers are incredibly stupid. That's something I've learnt whilst reading cases on here! Some of the things they think they will get away with is just unbelievable.

The amount of blood seems a lot as well. Other potential injuries or is that all just from the nose?

Lots of these killers act up to their first murder

It reminds me a bit of the Jo Yeates case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads