The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like the coat/belt, looks sloppy.

The boots are also ill fitting. You can tell there is too much room in the upper calf area. It adds to the sloppy look.
I wish she would stop being stubborn and let a decent stylist help her. She keeps wearing belts which only bring focus to her waist area.

Meghan's hair and makeup looked very nice. What is it with these belts???
Of course, I used to love belts but those days are long gone. I think I like the coat.

I like the boots but I have decided that the coat looks like a bathrobe. The color Navy looks good on Meghan.

Last edited:
I love the hat too. Alpaca is such a warm soft material. Love the coat but it doesn’t look tailored, it doesn’t close all the way. The blue colors are great on Meghan. She knows how to angle a photograph. Many flattering pictures. But, I think she seems uncomfortable, trying to seem appropriately serious. I know I would be. It could be a beginning thing, but it must be strange to take part in some of these formal serious remembrances when you were raised in another country.

The boots are also ill fitting. You can tell there is too much room in the upper calf area. It adds to the sloppy look.
I wish she would stop being stubborn and let a decent stylist help her. She keeps wearing belts which only bring focus to her waist area.

her legs are very skinny so. I suppose she would need handmade boots

I love the hat too. Alpaca is such a warm soft material. Love the coat but it doesn’t look tailored, it doesn’t close all the way. The blue colors are great on Meghan. She knows how to angle a photograph. Many flattering pictures. But, I think she seems uncomfortable, trying to seem appropriately serious. I know I would be. It could be a beginning thing, but it must be strange to take part in some of these formal serious remembrances when you were raised in another country.

in MN there are events for WW2. My friend and her Vietnam Vet husband put poppies on graves for Veterans Day. They also put flowers on vet graves at Memorial Day.

I wonder how Harry will like the LA lifestyle.

"After the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge make their appearances in honor of Remembrance Day on Thursday, they will start their break from royal duties to "spend time together as a family," according to the source. As part of this bonding time, they will be heading to the United States to visit Meghan's mom, Doria Ragland, and friends. This marks Archie's first visit to the U.S."

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to Take Archie on First Trip to America

Yipes.

Those extensions are only passable when curled, as seen in the outdoor photos

In the indoor photos with the children those lanky irregular flat extensions are really horrible

This article in the Daily Mail I think may highlight one of the "flies in the ointment" with the Sussexes. They are are the top of the article, both in the title(s) and the article itself. The Cambridges are at the bottom of the article, with what looks to be somewhat "less" press.

I'm speculating here, but from everything I've read about the royal life and traditions and HM herself, hierarchy is incredibly important, even in things like press coverage and visibility. I know I've read before about the Queen being very conscious and discerning about it. PH is six in line, and yet he and Meghan take up SOOOO much space in the press.

I've always thought that that is one reason she gets along so well with Sophie and some of the others -they seem to realize their place in the hierarchy; don't seek the media; don't "speak out" constantly; and go about their royal duties quietly. (And, I might add -aren't constantly lecturing the peasants on our carbon footprint, whilst jetting around the world to Ibiza to hobnob with the other A-listers.)

Not sure of this, but just something I've noticed. If I didn't know who was who, I'd have thought that PH was the second in line.

Here's where you can buy the coat - looks like they updated the description and added a photo of MM

Boucle Alpaca Long Wide Collar Wrap Coat

A SENTALER Signature, famously worn by The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle. The Original Long Wide Collar Wrap Coat exemplifies sophisticated elegance at its best. This stylefeatures SENTALER’s signature design details such as square pockets and a long length with a dramatic back vent to amplify the effortless style of any woman. Made of Boucle Alpaca and fully lined, this coat is one of the warmest in the collection.

Definitely a win for her, to my eye. Something I've noticed over the years is that if one wants to learn have a classy appearance, look to the royalty/nobility rather than to other segments of the upper echelons of society. Not always, certainly, but they tend to be beautiful and classy. What makes them so? Well, I think one common denominator is simplicity. They often wear simple lines, and stay away from "too much", whether that be "too low" in the neckline; "too high" in the hem; too much jewelry (is there a thing?); "too many accessories in general"; "too much pattern", etc.

Usually shoes, although they may be very stylish, are plain. Hats, of course, are usually very "non-plain"! However, the overall look is understated.

On that note, I follow a blog that regularly photos HM meeting some person or another at the Palace usually, I think, to bestow an honor or something. It seems like it happens several times a week. At any rate, the person she meets has certainly taken some time to prepare to "meet the Queen", at least one supposes, and I can't get over how virtually one of them looks frumpy compared to HM. I shudder to think I'd ever have to meet her, especially with a camera in sight! She is one "put together" lady.

Posting this smashing recent photo of HM. I only wish I really knew the color -my monitor registers it as a very "Royal" purple, but others seem to be more violet. Wonder which it is?

queen-elizabeth-ii-visits-the-royal-british-legion-industries-village-picture-id1185939436

Posting this smashing recent photo of HM. I only wish I really knew the color -my monitor registers it as a very "Royal" purple, but others seem to be more violet. Wonder which it is?

queen-elizabeth-ii-visits-the-royal-british-legion-industries-village-picture-id1185939436

The shades of "violet" she is wearing is stunning. Yes, the dress and hat might be appear as different shades depending on individual vision and our computer monitors. Either way beautiful!

For those who mentioned Meghan's hair extensions. Extensions end up looking like that if they are not well maintained. Extensions are made of real hair and need to be treated as such.

Yes, Meghan is an attractive looking woman. It's her choice of ill-fitting outfits that create her unflattering ensembles.

Long live the Queen and her taste in beautiful colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea