CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would water or electricity records show an increase when the washing machine was being used? Also that minimal electricity was used after that until the 24th when CL arrived?

No.
Water meters usually read in 100 cubic foot increments. A 10 minute shower takes four to six cubic feet, and a load of clothes through the washer takes between 2 1/2 and 5 gallons.
Electricity is measure in kilowatt hours. That is basically amps times volts times used every sixty minutes. The largest single load in a typical residence is the furnace/ heat pump, which runs intermittently and depends heavily on outside weather and thermostat setting. In a small dwelling like KB's, the use of lighting and electric stove associated with occupancy is minute in comparison the the heating load in November. JMO

I thought of that, attempted suicide, but I would think the trial would be postponed a day, instead of a couple of hours. It is intriguing that he isn't there yet- maybe the vehicle driving him broke down?

Who knows, a poor juror could be ill (who could blame them?) or some emergency came up for someone- a witness, legal team, etc. Although, so far, we know that Krystal is already there. She must be thrilled with the delay- probably causing anxiety because she knows the defense is going to come after her full throttle- she's their only chance at getting Patrick off, which is really, no chance at all.

Agree, attempted suicide could start the chain of events for a mental evaluation and competency hearing.
Moo

This tweet posted at 7:43am this morning with video says that PF has arrived:
Twitter

I can’t find it now, but saw an earlier tweet showing video KK walking in, maybe around 9am timeframe?

Could the delay be related to media showing video snippets of PF and witnesses?

moo

The judge explained yesterday that he closed Court Tuesday for a few minutes to hear motions, privacy issues, and general court business, and to expect he'd do it again during the trial.

What's different here is I would have expected him to have announced yesterday that court would convene at 10:30AM on Thursday. :confused:

No.
Water meters usually read in 100 cubic foot increments. A 10 minute shower takes four to six cubic feet, and a load of clothes through the washer takes between 2 1/2 and 5 gallons.
Electricity is measure in kilowatt hours. That is basically amps times volts times used every sixty minutes. The largest single load in a typical residence is the furnace/ heat pump, which runs intermittently and depends heavily on outside weather and thermostat setting. In a small dwelling like KB's, the use of lighting and electric stove associated with occupancy is minute in comparison the the heating load in November. JMO

Sorry, but you are incorrect on the electric, if there’s a smart meter - the appliance use can be seen. But I’m on a phone and not going to be able to detail why.

Another guess is maybe the defense team is asking for a Mistrial because of something that either happened yesterday or this morning. Either in court or outside of court.

I have no idea what they could argue for that and about the only thing that could possibly be valid would be maybe if one of the jurors was caught on that footage this morning of KK coming in.

Im not sure if that would be grounds for a mistrial if a juror was caught on camera by accident by a news crew or something along those lines. It may not even be grounds for a mistrial so just guessing here while we wait.

They probably have someone watching every media outlet there is .....How would you like that job?

I saw the video before it was deleted and KK and two other people had trouble opening the door to the court building so they had to stand there just long enough for a reporter to get that video shot... :D before the door actually was opened.

Pommy posted it from Clayton Sandel but now when you click on it it says it doesn't exist. I wonder if it was taken from an unauthorized position?

Edited to add, I think it was on page 10

Oh no!!! I really hope this is not the cause for delay and the Judge hearing emergency motion to further restrict media at the trial. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa