Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned that her tires look like they had been driving on a dirt road so I decided to do some digging on Google earth. If you're traveling from Auburn to Montgomery on I-85, that route has no dirt road to exit off at from the freeway. It's a pretty busy highway, I'd imagine? Even at night it would be risky to suddenly drive your car and turn right into the forest area. So what if he went toward the I-85 but actually kept left and got on the 147? I've always thought if something happened to her, she might be resting in the forest because she'd be so difficult to find. So back to the 147, I followed that route down and noticed a very accessible dirt road from the right side. That dirt road continues for miles and miles and has plenty of spots to drive to and not be heard or draw attention. All he would have to do is then drive her car back down 147 to I-85 and then drop it off at that apartment complex. Besides another road that is completely gravel, this would be the only route that has access to a dirt road.(That i noticed anyway.) That would be the first place i'd search.

It would be very easy to take, for example, the Franklin/Tuskegee exit and find plenty of dirt roads and not have to worry about any other cars or houses. It's a very lonely area at night. I believe some of the county "highways" in Macon County are dirt roads or at least they used to be. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree but one thing is certain, they should know who he is now, as long as they have husbands face plastered all over Alabama. That is a very clear pic of him so someone should quickly recognize him. A neighbor, exgirlfriend, coworker, teacher, family member. And tha
It would be very easy to take, for example, the Franklin/Tuskegee exit and find plenty of dirt roads and not have to worry about any other cars or houses. It's a very lonely area at night. I believe some of the county "highways" in Macon County are dirt roads or at least they used to be. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You don't even have to take I85 to Montgomery to find lonely stretches of road, both paved and unpaved. If you go south on Highway 29, you can go to Montgomery. There are plenty of unpaved back roads including roads running through Tuskegee National Forest.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere else, but in the interview Walt Harris did on the MMA interview show on YouTube (iirc), he mentioned that Angela had already lost a child, but he didn't go into any specifics.

How absolutely devastating.... Praying for this family
rbbm.
It must have been particularly devastating for her mom to see the damage to Aniah's car. imo.
Missing college student's parents meet with Natalee Holloway's mother
"One of Haley-Harris' younger children previously died in a car crash, she said. But the feeling of Blanchard's absence has been different."

I’ve been through sex offender lists everywhere around the area trying to compare and found a couple of possibilities also.

You might not find many in Auburn, because there are so many schools and parks. If they are registered, they live on the outskirts mainly with the exception of one that I saw who lives in among the apartment complexes popular with students.

I feel like anyone at the store of the last place she was seen should've been questioned, and even more reason too if they didnt come forward after seeing all the news about the case. The way her body language was just from the small bit I saw in the video, and the pause at the door by person exiting was errie. The FBI agent that gave the interview about her body language even said the same thing about her being off, and I'm sure he saw more of the video than we did. JMO
I wondered if he said something disgusting to her under his breath when she walked in. Unfortunately, that's all too common.

You might not find many in Auburn, because there are so many schools and parks. If they are registered, they live on the outskirts mainly with the exception of one that I saw who lives in among the apartment complexes popular with students.
I’ve looked in every neighboring city. POI (if it’s is who we are assuming it is) is from Elmore according to an arrest article.

Also, appears there are many in the apartments here car was left.

Ok i’m Through the first thread. I’m annoyed. Clearly many of you questioned a person in the chevron video in black pants early on. Why has it taken LE 2 weeks to release video of a POI? What would be a good explanation for that? Same thing happened with cupcake. I’m not understanding why images of a POI in any case would not be immediately released. There would be much more likely hood of someone close to the POI noticing or remembering some details specific to the date she went missing rather than 2 weeks later.
Also, maybe I haven’t gotten to the info yet. But where’s her phone? Certainly LE has to have a digital print by now. Where did her phone ping before it went dead? Was it found in her car? Where is it? If she was using any apps they should have all that info by now including snaps.
Does the Honda CRV have a traceable landnav system?

I wonder if he just wasn’t noticed at first because maybe he left the store first and then was off camera and then later they found another camera at a different business that shows that car he left in following her or something. Maybe it didn’t all piece together until now.

I agree but one thing is certain, they should know who he is now, as long as they have his face plastered all over Alabama. That is a very clear pic of him so someone should quickly recognize him. A neighbor, exgirlfriend, coworker, teacher, family member. And that money is enough to make anyone identify him. Moo
I hope to goodness this money goes to someone that will use it to change their life. It’s an opportunity of a lifetime to do something right.

I’d still like to figure this out. I mentioned earlier in the thread.

If a an offender is visiting an area they are required to notify. I noticed one of these types of offenders staying in a hotel early on, they didn’t live in Auburn but were staying there. Their offense did not make me interested in them as the perp, but I’m curious, is LE able to go back and see who was in a particular area at a particular time?

You made allusions to the idea that Vans is a brand geared toward white people. Not only is that incredibly myopic, it’s completely incorrect. Your race has nothing to do with it. It’s wrong; plain and simple.

There was this awesome hip hop song Vans by The Pack back in the day. "Got my Vans on but they look like sneakers". Pretty sure if that poster goes and watches their video for it that will put his white people only theory to rest.

[QUOTE="

Investigators believe the man drove away in a late 2000s Lincoln Town Car that is silver or gray.

[/QUOTE]

I've been mostly in agreement that the damage to her car was likely caused by concrete/running up against a concrete barrier. But when I look again, it could also be silver or gray car paint transfer. I know that forensics can tell exactly whether it is paint (and sometimes what car manufacturer it comes from). Have we heard anything definitive about the damage?

Now I need to chase down those SM rumors . . .

Vans brand is worn by all ages, genders, and races. It started as a skateboard brand with shoes and evolved to other products. Skaters consider those that wear it and don’t skate to be “posers”. LOL
Facts! It has become VERY popular with middle school girls in the last two years or so. The skateboarding community is like any other, whenever something goes mainstream they claim "posers!!!!", it's normal ahahah.

I have a pair of Van's and they just look like an old-fashioned pair of Keds. Both of my daughters have several pair that are more distinctive with the Van's brand and they are young professionals.
Me too. I'm on my third pair, some pastel pink ones. Everyone wears them, from the kids to the parents.

So my new theory is that he had an accomplice - the wording from the article is "the man in the photos was observed leaving the area in what is described as a late 2000s model Lincoln Town Car" He was not seen DRIVING a late 2000s model, he was observed leaving the area in a late 2000s model. It could mean nothing, but it feels kind of like deliberate wording to me.

I believe the man and his accomplice saw an easy target - a young girl, nice car, appeared to have money. I think the robbery and stealing the car was the motive. They somehow got her to pull over - flashed their lights at her perhaps? After that, they threatened her with a gun and took control of her vehicle and the other person followed in the other car. She attempted to fight back and grabbed the wheel, causing them to sideswipe something. After that they shot her and dumped her somewhere between Auburn & Montgomery. Killing her in the car and the resulting damage from the wreck made the car worthless to them, so they dumped it at an apartment complex.

Just speculation.

I’ve looked in every neighboring city. POI (if it’s is who we are assuming it is) is from Elmore according to an arrest article.

Also, appears there are many in the apartments here car was left.

Montgomery and Elmore are a whole different story and it's shocking that you found even more than one in a single apartment complex anywhere. Maybe I've been in this "Auburn bubble" too long. It's the safest place I've ever lived as an adult. As a matter of fact, a lot of folks move to Auburn so their kids don't have to go to the schools there, often times making the 2 hour round trip commute every day to work. I don't know much about Elmore at all.

I know we can’t post anything from SM... but here’s a news article about a robbery and beating in Montgomery earlier this year and the man arrested looks a lot like the guy on the video... in MOO and whatnot. (The guy arrested in this article was also arrested in 2012 for the attempted murder of 2 LE officers at a Chevron in Montgomery.)

Two charged with beating, robbing, abducting 2 men at Montgomery hotel

The 1200 block of Eastern Blvd (where the hotel is) is just 2.5 miles from where Aniah's car was found.

I am so hopeful for @Tricia to have the word "Arrest" appear in the top banner on the Websleuths page.

As always, I find it amazing how many deeply compassionate and kind people there are on Websleuths.

It is uplifting and heartwarming to read everyone's posts which are filled with hope and care for the victims as well as their families. This is what sets Websleuths apart and I am so grateful that we have this site.

It is so heart-wrenching to even think about what Aniah's family is going through. My heart is with them all.

May they continue to hold one another close during this unimaginable time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member