CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer TV
8 mins ·
FRAZEE TRIAL DAY 5 LUNCHTIME NOTES:
• It’s been a weird day in court. We were supposed to start at 8:45, so the court could handle a private matter. We didn’t actually begin until 10:30. When we did, Judge Scott Sells said the delay was due to Patrick Frazee feeling sick this morning. He said Krystal Kenney didn’t feel well either. The delay allowed them to give Frazee some medicine and begin the day.

• Lead Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman ran Kenney through photos of Kelsey Berreth’s townhome taking shortly after she was reported missing. Using a laser pointer, Kenney pointed out all the areas she saw blood, including how high it was on the walls. She noted which areas she cleaned, as well as those she didn’t, like the front of the fire place and back of the cedar chest she moved in front of it.

• After that, prosecutors played two body camera videos recorded on Dec. 21 — the day Frazee was arrested. They show Kenney leading CBI and FBI agents around the Frazee ranch. She points out every location that she says she saw him grab items for the fire from, like the wood pile, pile of tin roofing and more. Near the burn area (though we didn’t see the ground), she points out a separate yet identical black tote to the one Frazee used to store Berreth’s body. She also pointed out a faded red gas can, which she said she believes he used to pour gas on the tote and pallets. Both the identical tote and gas can were physically entered into evidence today.

• Krystal Kenney has been emotional again on the stand. She chokes up at times, cries at others. Frazee, meanwhile, shifts between looking down at the ground and at the video/photos projected on a screen.

• Judge Scott Sells also delivered a stern warning to a member of the public for violating the decorum order. The man was seen to be sketching witnesses, despite the denial of the use of a sketch artist for NBC News. At the judge’s order, Teller County Sheriff’s deputies ripped out several sketches from his notebook. The man said they were just part of his notes, but Sells disagreed, saying they jeopardize the integrity of the process. Sells took the sketches and told the man he could request them back at the end of the trial.

Note: This photo is from a previous hearing.

#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney KOAA 5

broken-heart.gif

Lauren Scharf on Twitter
Krystal Lee and Kelsey Berreth’s father cried heavily as a picture of Kelsey’s daughter was shown. Lee described the items she threw away behind the little girl to the jurors. #Frazeetrial @FOX21News
EIytzSLU0AA0V4g.jpg

12:08 PM - 7 Nov 2019

Kate Singh on Twitter
Today in court, Krystal Lee Kenney cried when prosecutors showed a picture of Kelsey Berreth’s young daughter, standing in front of items that Kenney said she found later, at the house, covered in blood.

At this, Berreth’s father began to sob.
12:32 PM - 7 Nov 2019
:*(

Hey WS Friends, I am still behind. Reading snippets here and there today.

I just gotta say (from what I have read so far), I don't care anymore is KK doesn't get jail time. I still hope karma gets her, but that SOB needs to be locked up for life (IMO) If she is instrumental in helping that to happen, I am good with her plea deal.

Very detailed. I like it.

Lee said #PatrickFrazee also added wood soaked in gasoline into the trough, and poured more gas on it. He then lit it with a match. At one point, the flames were as high as the nearby trees, Lee said, so Frazee covered the fire with what appeared to be metal roofing.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

I seem to remember the other day they were going to a recycling for Metal Place? Wasn't that testified to oh, I don't have it in my notes but I recall it.

Psychotherapist in HLN. Paraphrasing:

It sounds like PF was very convincing, and over time tried to brainwash her. It sounds like she wasn’t a murderer and just couldn’t go through it.

People like PF are very good at getting what they want. Distance may have actually played into the fantasy on KK’s part.

She does believe that KK was in fact scared.

Hope kept her in the relationship, a lot of fantasy in play. She saw what she wanted to see.

She felt she was deeply in love with him and if she behaved correctly he would love her the right way.
BINGO!!

Why would Frazee tell KK so much detail?

Telling her all the detail - which was gruesome - would be both to scare her and verify that he was capable of that and more. It was a way to keep her quiet, and submissive. He even told her "when he killed next time," he'd do it differently. There's no doubt in my mind that she knew he could kill her (KK) as well.

Delay due to PF being sick

https://twitter.com/JakobRodgers

@JakobRodgers
·
1m
Lee testified that Kaylee, the toddler daughter of #PatrickFrazee and #KelseyBerreth, was in a back storage room of Berreth's Woodland Park townhome, in a toddler's walker, when Berreth was beaten to death on Thanksgiving Day last year.
@csgazette
UM, NO. can't use that excuse today or any other day! You've been sick your entire life! Sick *&^%^*(*!

Sam Kraemer

@SamKraemerTV

It’s been a rather strange day in court. We were supposed to start at 8:45, so the court could handle a private matter. We didn’t begin until 10:30. Judge said Frazee was feeling sick, as was Kenney
Maybe somebody poisoned their Sonic burgers...??? moo (LOL!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken