Man beheads wife and kills daughter then hangs himself

EvilOlivE

Reaction score
I only hope that he killed his daughter first and she didn't have to witness her mother being killed. This is so horrific. I just don't understand how someone could do that to their own child.

Man decapitates his wife, kills daughter and hangs himself | Daily Mail Online

Police in New York City are investigating a grisly double-murder suicide in which they say a man decapitated his wife, slit the throat of their five-year-old daughter and then took his own life by hanging Wednesday night, just hours after a scheduled divorce hearing.

According to the NYPD, at around 9.18pm officers responded to a 911 call requesting a welfare check inside an apartment at 151 West 121st Street in the Harlem section of Manhattan.

Upon entering the unit, officers found a 46-year-old man, his 42-year-old wife and their five-year-old daughter dead inside.

It is unclear at this time how long the family had been dead before their bodies were discovered.

Tedla was discovered in a bedroom, his wife in the bathroom, and their child in another bedroom, according to a press release from the police. The mother and daughter both had neck trauma.

The New York Daily News reported, citing unnamed sources, that Schlecht was found decapitated, with her severed head resting in her lap.

Her daughter suffered a cut so deep to her neck that she was partially beheaded.

The five-year-old's father was found hanging from a rope tied to a bedroom door.

DailyMail.com can now identify the married couple as Yonathan Tedla and Jennifer Schlecht.

I only hope that he killed his daughter first and she didn't have to witness her mother being killed. This is so horrific. I just don't understand how someone could do that to their own child.

Man decapitates his wife, kills daughter and hangs himself | Daily Mail Online

Police in New York City are investigating a grisly double-murder suicide in which they say a man decapitated his wife, slit the throat of their five-year-old daughter and then took his own life by hanging Wednesday night, just hours after a scheduled divorce hearing.

According to the NYPD, at around 9.18pm officers responded to a 911 call requesting a welfare check inside an apartment at 151 West 121st Street in the Harlem section of Manhattan.

Upon entering the unit, officers found a 46-year-old man, his 42-year-old wife and their five-year-old daughter dead inside.

It is unclear at this time how long the family had been dead before their bodies were discovered.

Tedla was discovered in a bedroom, his wife in the bathroom, and their child in another bedroom, according to a press release from the police. The mother and daughter both had neck trauma.

The New York Daily News reported, citing unnamed sources, that Schlecht was found decapitated, with her severed head resting in her lap.

Her daughter suffered a cut so deep to her neck that she was partially beheaded.

The five-year-old's father was found hanging from a rope tied to a bedroom door.

DailyMail.com can now identify the married couple as Yonathan Tedla and Jennifer Schlecht.

This is awful. Just absolutely awful.

She seemed to be a lovely individual who helped so many.

What the heck. And she had a temporary restraining order. This happy go lucky guy still murdered her.

Restraining order are pretty worthless. I was held hostage and raped by someone I knew. I didn't report it at the time, it's a real long story, but when I saw him in the paper as being arrested for kidnapping and raping someone else years later I called the detective and they had me come in and tell my story. They ended up filing charges against him for my attack. The court sent him a no contact order that gave him my new name (I since married) and my home address. I called the court livid, and they basically told me, well how else would he know who he is not allowed to be near and what address he needs to avoid. I NEVER asked for a no contact order, they did it without even mentioning it to me. I figure when he gets out of prison, I'll likely sell my house and move because I'm too afraid he would come get revenge on me, or harm my kids. I can only hope he will die in prison.

Restraining order are pretty worthless. I was held hostage and raped by someone I knew. I didn't report it at the time, it's a real long story, but when I saw him in the paper as being arrested for kidnapping and raping someone else years later I called the detective and they had me come in and tell my story. They ended up filing charges against him for my attack. The court sent him a no contact order that gave him my new name (I since married) and my home address. I called the court livid, and they basically told me, well how else would he know who he is not allowed to be near and what address he needs to avoid. I NEVER asked for a no contact order, they did it without even mentioning it to me. I figure when he gets out of prison, I'll likely sell my house and move because I'm too afraid he would come get revenge on me, or harm my kids. I can only hope he will die in prison.

*I guess hostage isn't the right word, I should have used kidnapped I suppose instead.

Ms Schlecht was a senior adviser for Emergency Preparedness and Response at the United Nations Foundation. She worked in the Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) division, a global partnership to empower women and girls by investing in rights-based family planning.

In a statement to news.com.au, FP2020 executive director Beth Schlachter said Ms Schlecht had been a “vital part” of the organisation’s “family”.

“(She) devoted her entire career to ensuring that women and girls in crisis situations have access to the best medical care possible including family planning and other reproductive health care,” Ms Schlecht said.

“She was a leader in the field of family planning and humanitarian response, and chose to work from New York so she could have more time with her darling daughter.”
Mum decapitated and daughter, 5, slaughtered in gruesome murders

Headlines from msm in Australia this morning, how tragic.

That’s ridiculous. In CA the address is blacked out upon request. And they should’ve used your old name and most importantly ASKED you.

Here LE or the court can’t issue protective orders without the protected party specifically seeking those orders.

I feel like they should be sued for that. For the costs of a private guard for you and an extensive security system because these idiots just revealed your address and new name.

“Upon arrival, officers observed three deceased persons inside the apartment,” a NYPD spokesperson told news.com.au.

“A 46-year-old male was discovered in a bedroom, unconscious and unresponsive; a 42-year-old female was discovered, in the bathroom, unconscious and unresponsive, with trauma about the neck, and a five-year-old female was discovered, in another bedroom, unconscious and unresponsive, also with severe neck trauma.”

From the news.com.au article https://www.news.com.au/world/north...rs/news-story/5e890c7163d14fe5c409424f6aee27c

Why do they call it "trauma about the neck"? Just say she was decapitated. Don't minimise the dreadful, evil thing this monster did to his wife.

The Daily Mail described the man as Ethiopian, and I wonder if his rage about the possibility of divorce is possibly related to his immigration status. If he obtained his green card through his marriage to Jennifer Schlecht, and he hadn’t yet become a naturalized citizen, a divorce would have thrown up a huge roadblock to obtaining citizenship (the law seems to say that foreign-born spouses of U.S. citizens have to be married to them at the time they apply for naturalization as well as at the time that the naturalization occurs). We see similar crimes against abused women and dependent children all the time, but the uncommonly brutal nature of these murders suggests to me that they were committed for reasons beyond the usual (misogyny, need to control, fragile masculine ego, etc.)...

MOO

Unbelievable - such a wonderful woman struck down in her prime

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa