Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

This is one I have followed since joining websleuths. It's time she got her name back. And someone in custody as well. I'm not sure we could ask for more. My thoughts go out to her family. May this bring them some peace.

At one point I was sure I had found out who she was, and had been communicating for a while with an FBI Agent who is assigned to her case. Sadly, my lead turned out not to be Racine County Jane Doe... Anyway, after that I submitted a request to the DNA Doe Project in the hope they'd take her case.

Woah, media briefing tomorrow.
From the Jane Doe Racine Count FB page:

"Sheriff Christopher Schmaling will hold a Media Briefing regarding the 1999 Homicide of a young (until now unidentified) woman who’s brutally abused body was found in a corn field in the Town of Raymond.
The young woman’s identification will be released, as will the name of the individual in custody for her death.
The Media Briefing will take place on Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:00 am at the Racine County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Station 14116 Washington Avenue (Hwy 20 just west of I94).
We will NOT entertain questions or other inquiries on the matter in advance of the briefing!
Both the victim and the individual in custody have substantial ties to a northwestern Chicago suburb.
Relevant materials will be distributed to media outlets at the conclusion of the briefing."

Jane Doe Racine County, Wisconsin

So happy to see this! Been following her 10 years!

Amazing and unbelievable news after so many years.

Identification and also an arrest must have been done in last 2 weeks as around Oct 24 they have released new appeals in media and also new sketch of her so it must have been sometime after that.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

PS: Adding link to her FB page - Jane Doe Racine County, Wisconsin

and news announcements
Racine Co. Sheriff to reveal ID of 1999 homicide victim, body found in cornfield in Raymond
Jane Doe to be identified 20 years after her death
Sheriff to reveal victim, suspect in 20-year-old murder case

I still think its Trista Bultema the height is off but I've always thought it was her

They haven't said how they found the person they have in custody, but just a few weeks ago, the Ozaukee County Sheriff's Department said they solved a 35-year-old homicide case with the help of DNA genealogy sites linking back to the suspect.

"We're going to do everything we can, not only to identify her, but to bring the person responsible to justice," Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling said in 2013.

"I would hope if this would happen to my child, someone would have this same drive to find out who she is," Tracy Hintz, Lead Investigator said in 2013.
Racine County cold case solved after 20 years

upload_2019-11-8_4-12-37.jpeg
  1. Facebook
Racine County Jane Doe

Last edited:
I still think its Trista Bultema the height is off but I've always thought it was her

Trista is 5'1", RCJD is 5'8"; Trista has scars on her left elbow, and her left calf muscle is missing. She had also previously fractured her jaw, and has numerous fractures to her left leg. RCJD has a cauliflower left ear... Given that information alone, what made you come to the conclusion that RCJD is actually Trista? The differences between the two are profoundly significant to say the very least...

Last edited:
Trista is 5'1", RCJD is 5'8"; Trista has scars on her left elbow, and her left calf muscle is missing. She had also previously fractured her jaw, and has numerous fractures to her left leg. RCJD has a cauliflower left ear... Given that information alone, what made you come to the conclusion that RCJD is actually Trista? The differences between the two are profoundly significant to say the very least...

Soon we know....

Isn't the Sheriffs Dept doing a press conference today to tell us who she is? I don't know the time, do you guys?

I think it's 11am but I'm not sure the time zone or where it will be aired.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back