CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a little film clip of her entering, with a deputy. It had to have been on twitter, but I cant find it now. That is what she was wearing, and she didn't look upset to me.
Someone had posted a Twitter link of video of KK arriving, but I couldn't get the video to play. Hopefully it will show up again somewhere.

ETA: Thanks everybody for the link. I was way behind when I made the post but then I see that it had been reposted! Thanks!

Last edited:
"The Use of a Criminal as a Witness" on the ACLU's website is a good read on how a skilled prosecutor must often use evil people like KK to convict the worst among us.

I think gitana has a good quote about pulling witnesses out of hell IIRC.

So they pulled KK out of hell to get Patrick and that's the only reason BabyK is in the arms of sane people.

I can hate KK all day long and if she never serves a day I'll still be glad for this outcome.

She's lost her humanity in the world's eyes and that's quite a price to pay. Yes, some years in the slammer will put the cherry on top and I'm also good with that.
I agree. I struggle to understand why anyone on the defense side, PF and his attorneys specifically, would think there’s any possible way to overcome this damning evidence put forth by the prosecution. They don’t stand a chance.

Defense points out Kenney never tried to warn Berreth or police

Nov 7, 2019

Krystal Kenney returned to the stand this morning after a delayed start. Judge Sells said both Patrick Frazee and Kenney were feeling ill this morning, so court began later than usual.

Lead Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman brought up Kenney's plea bargain she made last December to start. Kenney told Viehman when investigators first came to her home on Dec. 17 last year, she wanted to cooperate but didn't provide a statement until Dec. 20.

She said she wanted to provide the statement because she couldn’t live with what she knew and she thought Kelsey Berreth's family deserved to know what happened.

[...]

Under questioning from the defense, Kenney is told she plead guilty to the lowest level of felony in Colorado, while not admitting guilt in cleaning up a crime scene, getting rid of belongings and destroying possible evidence. Kenney says she did not. The defense says any of those could have involved a sentence of 18 months in jail.

The attorney also mentioned there were no charges related to potentially bringing a poisoned coffee to Berreth, which he says could be considered attempted murder. Kenney did bring a coffee to Berreth that was not tainted with drugs.

[...]

Throughout a long rehash of all the things Kenney admits she's done and lies she's told, Steigerwald asks if she's said the truth at all in the 10 hours of testimony she's provided. Kenney replies, "yes." He says it’s what she needed to say to avoid prison. At this point Steigerwald ends his questioning.

On redirect by the prosecution, Jennifer Viehman asks Kenney if she knows that abandonment is a defense under Colorado law. This is in relation to three solicitation for murder attempts that Kenney says she ultimately backed out of.

Kenney confirms she only spoke to law enforcement during a visit to her home because she finally felt they would believe her and she felt safe from Frazee. She also says she never told anyone because she did not want anyone else to get entangled or in danger.

I suppose we can't blame Patrick's attorney for having nothing much but a snarky comment about " What? No bats for sale in Colorado?" to offer today. The case just is what it is.

But if snarkiness alone makes for a good defense, I'm hiring you sleuthers to represent me "the next time" I commit murder.

Last edited:
Besides, it was Thanksgiving....with guests visiting and cleaning up and all that or the neighbors may have been celebrating away from home.

I’ve always wondered if PF knew Kelsey’s neighbor would be out of town that weekend. Maybe she mentioned it to Kelsey and Kelsey mentioned it to PF. It’s pretty risky to conduct a violent murder in the middle of the day in a condo. How was he sure nobody would hear? Maybe he knew the neighbor was gone and took that opportunity. That would bother me forever if I were the neighbor. This case is so disturbing.

BBM

Hold up there! She just perjured herself because she told that wretched Stein dope what she'd done. As we know, Stein said "Krystal had good reasons..." blah, blah, blah.

Sorry to quote myself, here, but, PERJURY.

If I'm the defense, I'm wanting to subpoena M Stein to impeach the witness.

I suppose we can't blame Patrick's attorney for having nothing much but a snarky comment about " What? No bats for sale in Colorado?" to offer today.

If snarkiness alone makes for a good defense, I'm hiring you sleuthers to represent me "the next time" I commit murder.
That one doesn't make sense to me, if she really had killed KB with a bat, why would she want some retail store in that town to have a very recent record of the sale? Of course she would bring it with her. Unless I'm missing something?

He’s done.

The two young men also testified that they helped #PatrickFrazee dispose of a metal trough that prosecutors say Frazee used to burn #KelseyBerreth's body. Frazee never told them anything other than wood and deer or elk antlers were burned in the fire.
@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

Another AHA moment...

I am happy that we have some great reporters in the courtroom and under the circumstances know they are doing the best they can to report things, but can someone suggest they let us know what questions the jury is asking. I think the jury's questions will give insight into their thoughts.

Are jurors allowed to ask questions during the trial?

I wish there were a reporter who knew the lost art of shorthand. Then we'd have ALL of it, every day.

If I’m not mistaken, that was before the murder. KK confided in them what PF asked her to do.

Her answer had to do with telling people after the crime.

I believe Stein's interview indicated she knew what the creature had done because, remember, she claimed she told the creature not to go to Colorado?

Someone had posted a Twitter link of video of KK arriving, but I couldn't get the video to play. Hopefully it will show up again somewhere.

It was reposted a little later, and then it was with a blur of folks walking in the background. Perhaps it was pulled originally as they were concerned about filming jurors walking in, so they pulled to blur out the folks who might be jurors or identifiable across the street. It is still posted, and I'll do an ETA and find it if no-one has already posted

ETA: Clayton Sandell on Twitter

Here you go, blurred out folks in background video version

Last edited:
And Baby K locked in a closet while it happened.
MOO

She was not locked in a closet. She was in the bedroom on the main floor in a walker. It’s horrific enough without adding in details that aren’t true. I’m not specifically calling you out so please don’t take this the wrong way, I just keep seeing this repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member