AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the main FB page that people are using to see the updates? (with the spokeswoman statement for example). I’ve found several pages but can’t tell which one is the primary.

Find Dulce Maria

This is the one set up by the spokesperson. I don’t think she’s working with any organizations. She had a FB group too but it seems to have been deleted. It’s getting very confusing.

If it was my child missing, and I thought not enough was being done, I’d be setting the world on fire. And if that community/city is callous enough to remove assistance for a missing 5 year old girl out of spite because they didn’t like a march, then it sounds like the family was right all along. MOO

The announcement of the upcoming march is the first I've heard of the family asking for assistance with things such as services, therapy etc. (Things other than volunteers to search or hand out Dulce's missing posters) How can an entire community/city be grouped together as being callous if they were unaware of such needs (like therapy) and how would your average non-therapist citizen provide/offer that for them? To paint an ENTIRE city of thousands of people as "callous" isn't exactly fair either.

I’m really not understanding the idea of a march being productive. I have definitely noticed a smattering of people who show up to search and that’s disheartening. But there is a PI or SAR man from out of state who has come at least once, if not twice. It was stated in one of the newspaper links (anyone remember which one?) But where are all of the family’s people? Coworkers? Friends of the grandparents and mother? The teenage brother’s friends? Dulce’s father’s family? Church friends? These are the people who would come to mind for me when I need help for anything (even moving from home to home). LE indeed seems to have gone poof but they do occasionally post Dulce’s flyer on the prosecutors page. The rumors indeed, I feel are impeding volunteers as they feel searching for what they “know” is fruitless. They may be resentful and angry themselves as they avoid helping. Once again, I will say the blatantly obvious answer to getting help from the community is simply for LE to clearly state where the dogs dropped the scent and to confirm the scent was from Monday and not Friday’s visit to the park. Why oh why is this so hard for them to do? How would that information put a case as old/cold as this one in jeopardy?? So frustrating!

Someone here wrote they probably have a victim advocate assigned to them. What if either they don't (in which case no wonder they feel as they do) or they do but the advocate has not given them enough information on resources, who to contact for assistance with searches, for therapy, and anything else they might need (in which case no wonder they feel as they do?)

If their perception is that they are unsupported, lacking resources, or anything along those lines then I'd say something is NOT right. The system is failing. My opinions only.

The next plan of action is a march on Nov. 17 through Bridgeton, she said. The march is for the family as they are upset with the lack of support from the city.

“They have not gotten any help whatsoever from the city of Bridgeton,” she said. “No one has reached out to them to offer them any help with the searches or any help with any kind of therapy, anything a community can offer a family in need of assistance with a situation like this.”

Rodriguez said the march will start on Irving Avenue. She did not know what time the march will start.
Third search for Dulce finds nothing; march scheduled
The mother's could be is worried everyone is pointing the fingers at her. She doesn't want to make waves. Possible concerned family services will investigate the welfare of her young son. I can't understand why the family hasn't reach out to the media except the first week or so. The family needs a media relations person to be Dulce voice.

Blaming the city for lack of support. Where is the victims advocate assigned to this family.
The victims advocates job is to support victims of crimes information, emotional support and help
finding resources including filling out paperwork.
I pray little Dulce is found safe!

Someone here wrote they probably have a victim advocate assigned to them. What if either they don't (in which case no wonder they feel as they do) or they do but the advocate has not given them enough information on resources, who to contact for assistance with searches, for therapy, and anything else they might need (in which case no wonder they feel as they do?)

If their perception is that they are unsupported, lacking resources, or anything along those lines then I'd say something is NOT right. The system is failing. My opinions only.

according to the spokesperson/translator Jackie Rodriguez live stream interview last night the family does indeed have an advocate assigned to them. The march which is planned for a week from this Sunday is to get answers from the police dept. Jackie said the march was family’s idea and she does not necessarily agree with it because either the police don’t have any answers or can’t divulge info that would compromise the investigation. She mentioned that the police and fire department are out searching so they know they are actively looking despite not conveying that information to the public.
She spoke about the public not liking her and questioning her motives as well as negative comments she made on social media about Noema in the first few days of Dulce disappearance and she is probably better suited as a volunteer and bring in more qualified people to act as spokesperson & translator.

according to the spokesperson/translator Jackie Rodriguez live stream interview last night the family does indeed have an advocate assigned to them. The march which is planned for a week from this Sunday is to get answers from the police dept. Jackie said the march was family’s idea and she does not necessarily agree with it because either the police don’t have any answers or can’t divulge info that would compromise the investigation. She mentioned that the police and fire department are out searching so they know they are actively looking despite not conveying that information to the public.
She spoke about the public not liking her and questioning her motives as well as negative comments she made on social media about Noema in the first few days of Dulce disappearance and she is probably better suited as a volunteer and bring in more qualified people to act as spokesperson & translator.
Do you know if the live stream available to watch in some form?

I know in the beginning LE,a SAR group and other law enforcement came out to search,even brought dogs in..I also know that in order to get help from local services the family or victims advocate would need to reach out to them. What i don't understand is why the grandma has begged for people to come help search you don't need a advocate for that she did it by pouring out her heart threw tears on the news.On one occasion Dulce little brother was there holding a sign himself while they asked for searchers to come help, last search it was mentioned 25 showed up.Where are the mothers,teachers,dads,church congregations,is she suppose to go to their houses one by one and ask people to help? There is no way in hell i could live there and not take a few friends with me when they plan a search and try to help this family..They have clearly has asked..all moo
Family of Dulce Maria Alavez ask the public to help in search/Wed Oct 23
Family of Dulce Maria Alavez ask the public to help in search

As search for Dulce Maria Alavez enters sixth week, out-of-town volunteers outnumber locals in helping family look for her/A lot more people should be out here,” Lopez said Sunday as she and a group explored a field on the edge of Bridgeton, Cumberland County. “More people should be involved. If it was any of our kids, we’d want people to go out and look."
As search for Dulce Maria Alavez enters sixth week, out-of-town volunteers outnumber locals in helping family look for her

all moo

Do you know if the live stream available to watch in some form?

oh yes if you type dulce alavez in YouTube and on the top left corner you can filter by today. This crazy lady Annie who post her own theories and investigated locally reposted it her YouTube channel( she has the logo of orphan Annie)
I was skeptical of Jackie - thought she maybe had good intentions but seemed to enjoy the limelight a little much - she has a video posted sitting at her kitchen table interviewing herself which I found odd but after livestream last night I think maybe she just trying defend herself from all the haters?

This is horrible that Dulce has not been found yet...if this person has gotten away with her abduction for this long, they might feel confident enough to do it again. This is an extremely dangerous & scary situation.
Where are you, sweetie??
MOO

Do we know for a fact that the advocate has not done any of this?

I’m really not understanding the idea of a march being productive. I have definitely noticed a smattering of people who show up to search and that’s disheartening. But there is a PI or SAR man from out of state who has come at least once, if not twice. It was stated in one of the newspaper links (anyone remember which one?) But where are all of the family’s people? Coworkers? Friends of the grandparents and mother? The teenage brother’s friends? Dulce’s father’s family? Church friends? These are the people who would come to mind for me when I need help for anything (even moving from home to home). LE indeed seems to have gone poof but they do occasionally post Dulce’s flyer on the prosecutors page. The rumors indeed, I feel are impeding volunteers as they feel searching for what they “know” is fruitless. They may be resentful and angry themselves as they avoid helping. Once again, I will say the blatantly obvious answer to getting help from the community is simply for LE to clearly state where the dogs dropped the scent and to confirm the scent was from Monday and not Friday’s visit to the park. Why oh why is this so hard for them to do? How would that information put a case as old/cold as this one in jeopardy?? So frustrating!

Ita! Continuous searches need to be done by family members, friends, and those in the community should also actively search when they can.

I remember years ago another tragic case where a very young woman had been kidnapped from a Target parking lot in broad daylight.

She was missing for months even though everyone knew her sexual predator had raped, murdered, and then discarded her body.

LE had done extensive searches also so had the community. But the family of Dru never stopped searching for her, and they are the very ones who located her remains months after she had been kidnapped.

No one has a more personal vested interest in finding anyone who remains missing more than family members, and friends of any missing victim, and most especially one of the tender age of beautiful Dulce.

They can't just leave it up to others, and they certainly don't have any right to blame or complain about others.

I believe LE has been diligently working on Dulce's case all along, but like in most all cases that remains unsolved this length of time, they no longer speak to the media nearly as often, and sadly the media also loses interest, and moves on as well to other cases or news stories, unless its breaking news about any case.

I've seen the same thing happen in many cases, with most who thought they had grown cold with LE no longer investigating them as rigorously as they had in the beginning only to learned they never stopped no matter how long it took to apprehend the suspects.

We may not understand the reasons why LE does or does not do things, but I've found they know why they do certain things the way they do.

If the scent trail ended, imo, it means she, and the offender were traveling by vehicle by then.

I don't know if they brought in air trailing scent dogs immediately that are able to track a suspect or victim while in a traveling vehicle. If not, LE nor anyone else wouldn't know which area to search.

It then becomes like countless other cases looking for a tiny needle in a haystack without knowing which haystack to even look in.

Jmho

Last edited:
I know in the beginning LE,a SAR group and other law enforcement came out to search,even brought dogs in..I also know that in order to get help from local services the family or victims advocate would need to reach out to them. What i don't understand is why the grandma has begged for people to come help search you don't need a advocate for that she did it by pouring out her heart threw tears on the news.On one occasion Dulce little brother was there holding a sign himself while they asked for searchers to come help, last search it was mentioned 25 showed up.Where are the mothers,teachers,dads,church congregations,is she suppose to go to their houses one by one and ask people to help? There is no way in hell i could live there and not take a few friends with me when they plan a search and try to help this family..They have clearly has asked..all moo
Family of Dulce Maria Alavez ask the public to help in search/Wed Oct 23
Family of Dulce Maria Alavez ask the public to help in search

As search for Dulce Maria Alavez enters sixth week, out-of-town volunteers outnumber locals in helping family look for her/A lot more people should be out here,” Lopez said Sunday as she and a group explored a field on the edge of Bridgeton, Cumberland County. “More people should be involved. If it was any of our kids, we’d want people to go out and look."
As search for Dulce Maria Alavez enters sixth week, out-of-town volunteers outnumber locals in helping family look for her

all moo
Where the heck are the mom’s friends? The father of her child? She is shown standing with her head bowed down and face covered. No one standing beside her - not even a clergy member? Why is no one willing to hold her hand or lend support, is everyone in that town afraid of being deported? I’m not sure what is going on, but something is definitely off.

Where the heck are the mom’s friends? The father of her child? She is shown standing with her head bowed down and face covered. No one standing beside her - not even a clergy member? Why is no one willing to hold her hand or lend support, is everyone in that town afraid of being deported? I’m not sure what is going on, but something is definitely off.

Noema is 19 years old and pregnant with her 3rd child. She doesn't have custody of her children, doesn't have a job and has admitted to struggles with substance abuse in the past. Dulce's father lives in Mexico and has not been in Noema's life since Dulce was born. Her closest friends may be people in similar life situations as her and may feel they have a lot to lose if they speak out for her in the press (other teenagers, illegal immigrants or have illegal immigrants in their family, past drug offenses, unemployed, trying to get custody of their own children, etc). Or maybe she really has no close friends because when a girl gets pregnant at 13 or 14 years old (and again at 16 or 17) her childhood is pretty much over-- school friendship are often severed when a teen gets pregnant. The wrath of public opinion judging her because of her life instead of trying to help find Dulce is the only thing that is "off" in this case. MOO.

Noema is 19 years old and pregnant with her 3rd child. She doesn't have custody of her children, doesn't have a job and has admitted to struggles with substance abuse in the past. Dulce's father lives in Mexico and has not been in Noema's life since Dulce was born. Her closest friends may be people in similar life situations as her and may feel they have a lot to lose if they speak out for her in the press (other teenagers, illegal immigrants or have illegal immigrants in their family, past drug offenses, unemployed, trying to get custody of their own children, etc). Or maybe she really has no close friends because when a girl gets pregnant at 13 or 14 years old (and again at 16 or 17) her childhood is pretty much over-- school friendship are often severed when a teen gets pregnant. The wrath of public opinion judging her because of her life instead of trying to help find Dulce is the only thing that is "off" in this case. MOO.
Your post brings tears to my eyes. I agree 1000%!

Sadly it looks to me as though this family is being shunned by many of the locals. The reasons for that are a mystery to me, but it's heartbreaking that they seem to have no one close that they can rely on to help them with the multitude of difficulties they are facing in the wake of the tragic disappearance of Dulce.

I truly wish I could do something to help them and let them know they are not alone, especially as Noema gets closer to term. At some point she cannot or will not be able to go out and do ground searches.

MOO

Thanks @Gardener1850
It just makes me so incredibly sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members