CANADA Canada - Shilanne Stedmances, 22, Bowen Island, British Columbia, 4 November 2019

CherryKitty

Canadian Sleuth
Reaction score
Bowen Island RCMP are asking for the public’s help after a Bowen Island woman, Shilanne Stedmances, was reported missing on Nov. 4 at 9 p.m.

Police say her connections to West Vancouver and North Vancouver mean she could be in those areas.

Her family said Stedmances was last seen leaving her family residence on Eagle Cliff Road on Bowen Island earlier on Nov. 4.

Stedmances is described as a 22-year-old white woman, five feet and two inches tall and weighing 110 pounds. She has shoulder-length, dark brown hair. The press release notes she has dyed her hair blonde before. Stedmances has blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a dark shirt and yoga pants.

A press release states the family is concerned for Stedmances’s wellbeing and safety.

A search by Bowen Island RCMP, North Shore Search and Rescue, Marine SAR and RCMP marine, air services and the Bowen Island Fire Department have been launched in an effort to find the woman.

Anyone with information about Stedmances’s location are asked to contact Bowen Island RCMP, their local police detachment or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

submitted.jpg

74910709_10157365425496351_7730979886289911808_n.jpg

SOURCE

News Articles:

CTV News - Young Bowen Island woman still missing despite 'extensive' search effort

Bowen Island Undercurrent - RCMP looking for help finding Bowen Island woman reported missing Monday evening

Oh no! According to the flyer she told her family she loved them and then fled the house which is out of character... everything was left at home including phone, ID, bank card, bag etc. they are very much worried about her mental health exclusively it seems.
What a beautiful smile she has, I hope she’s okay and found quickly!

It's very odd and unsettling. Search and Rescue has done extensive searches across the island; they're pleading for help a second time because they haven't found as much as a clue. I don't know her well personally, but we have a lot of mutual friends. Nobody knows why she's disappeared, or where; she left home without her phone.

She has a lot of connections in the greater Vancouver area (Bowen Island is a 20-minute ferry ride to West Vancouver), but so far, there's no indication that she even took a ferry to West Van.

I sincerely hope she's found soon. Many, many people are searching and concerned. I really hope that if she is with friends somewhere, that they could please let authorities and/or her family know she's okay.

She sounds like a beautiful human.. breaks my heart to lose some of the best souls, it’s like they’re too good to stay put here. So sad for her family, I will be thinking of them and try to be even a fraction of the light she was to her loved ones..

I just read the article you posted but it looks like the article states RCMP says they have not found a body!

"A family member told the Herald yesterday that searchers looking for Stedmances had found a body.

However, Sergeant Sascha Banks of the Bowen Island Royal Canadian Mounted Police told the Herald today that a body had not been found and the search for Stedmances was still continuing."

They have not found a body.

The person who gave that comment, who was initially credited as her "brother", is actually her nephew, and while I'm sure he's very concerned and trying to understand what is happening, what he said was not correct. The New Zealand article was spreading around like wildfire and was not true nor accurate. A body has not been found and residents and RCMP are still searching and investigating.

It's a bit confusing, unfortunately, as some people have taken to social media (who have been misinformed) to share "RIP" posts when in reality, that has not been confirmed.

Nov 7 2019
Dive team called in to help search for missing Bowen Island woman
  • shilannestedmances.jpeg
"Despite an extensive search that included Bowen Island RCMP, North Shore Search and Rescue, Marine Search and Rescue, RCMP Marine, Air 1 Services, and the Bowen Island Fire Department, she has not been located.

Stedmances is described as a white female who is 157 centimetres (five-feet, two-inches) tall and weighs 50 kilograms (110 pounds).

She has blue eyes and shoulder-length dark brown hair (she has previously dyed it blond in the past).

She was last seen wearing a dark-coloured shirt and yoga pants."

• Shilanne Stedmances Bowen Island RCMP

So if I understand this correctly she is voluntarily missing but they're concerned about her mental state and well-being. Now they need to publicize the case harder. She's somewhere.

Snipped
As she has connections to West Vancouver and North Vancouver, she could have made her way to the North Shore in Metro Vancouver.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact Bowen Island RCMP at 604-947-0516, their local police, or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

NSR, Police renew appeal for missing Bowen Island woman | The Global Canadian

NOVEMBER 8, 2019
Snipped

Police also described her as a “high risk person” who has fled from family. Before leaving, she told her family that she loved them. She also left all her belongings behind including her cell phone, identification, wallet, handbag and bank card.

Snip

“If located, please assess mental health and confirm well-being and contact the Bowen Island RCMP,” police said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back