Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there was the restraining order against the brother. It's obvious who they are referring to IMO. No one else has been the focus of attention from the family.

What I was trying to say though is, is it obvious?

This is a previous MSM that explains Leah's brothers concerns.

Judge warns missing girl's brother 'stop threatening ex he believes groomed her'

It seems like the police are very keen to point out that this “ex” is not suspicious in any way, so that got me thinking maybe Leah’s parents are talking about a completely different person. I don’t seem to be able to explain my train of though very well.

Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far

Pretty good timeline in here. Don't know if it has been posted before.

Article dated 16 Oct 2019

From the article:-

"Mr C has since denied he was in a relationship with Leah. He told the Citizen this week: “That is incorrect. There was no romantic relationship....I was not grooming her. We were colleagues and we were friends... you start talking to each other."

He added: “She was my work colleague. She was my friend. I would like what everyone else wants - to get her home safe. I do wish she is found safe and back with her family.” "

Recent part of the timeline reproduced below:-

"Wednesday September 25

BBC's Crimewatch Roadshow re-enacts Leah's disappearance and appeals for information. It shows the clothing Leah was wearing on the day she vanished.

A woman from Milton Keynes watches the show and remembers walking at the Blue Lagoon lake in Bletchley in February and seeing a grey hoodie just near the water. She remembered it had the word 'Stewartby' on the back. She calls police and tells them. It is later revealed the hoodie was seen hanging on a tree near the lake.

This could be the first - and only clue - about what has happened to Leah. Somebody must have put the hoodie on the tree. It is not there now, so somebody must have removed it. Were you visiting the Blue Lagoon at that time? Do you remember seeing anything?

Wednesday October 9

Police launch a mayor search at the Blue Lagoon. They send divers into the lake and scour the surrounding woodland with sniffer dogs. The search will last for up to 10 days, they say. So far it is understood that nothing of significance has been found.

If anything here jogs your memory please call police urgently on 101 quoting reference 43190049929. If you are reluctant to deal with police, you can leave information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."

image.jpg

Leah has been missing since February
image.jpg

The reported sighting of Leah's grey hoodie has sparked a major search in Milton Keynes

Here is a copy of the BBC Crimewatch Roadshow that prompted someone to call in and sparked the Blue Lagoon search. It's a good reconstruction and is heartbreaking to watch as well.

Last edited:
Wondering if the distinctive hoodie that Leah wore when she was last seen, is one that she frequently wore, or if it was worn on "special occasions"?
By special occasions, i mean for example, wearing a rock t shirt to the band's show, or to subtly brag to a new group of friends about the cool band you identify with, or wearing a sweatshirt from a prestigious university to an exclusive frat party ect. that kind of thing.
Maybe if one was planning to "end it all" and wanted to wear something with deep personal meaning, or even as an identifier, they might choose a special item of clothing?
If you wanted to show an enemy, or someone you were afraid of or wanted to intimidate, you might want to wear something to show your status as a "contender", someone you should not mess with?

On the other hand, some may see such a hoodie and get worked up about a female wearing it.
speculation, imo.

Never heard about this case until I came across it on Websleuths tonight. I’ve read the threads from start to finish. Few observations and my opinion on what I think may have happened.

firstly, noticeably, Leah isn’t your typical 19 year old girl, she doesn’t spend hours on hair, make up, doesn’t get her eyebrows done, by all means, very plain for a young girl of 19 in 2019. Further more, her choice of past time (martial arts) isn’t typical of a young woman either. With her mother stating she does not like clubs or pubs & enjoyed binge watching TV I can only assume her spare time was spent enjoying her sport and very little else, I assume she wasn’t in a big social circle of friends and I doubt she has many boyfriends in her young life. Which brings me to MR X,(who has been mentioned in MSM mods - before you snip this), potentially he could have been the first “serious” attention Leah had ever gotten from an older man, or grown up man. I feel a young woman like Leah could be easily lead astray by a man like that, groomed but not in the complete term we know of today - groomed by being easily influenced.
I feel the reason why Leah was so secretive about the relationship from her family wasn’t because she personally wanted to hide it, I feel it was because she was told under no circumstances that no one was to know, that there would be serious trouble if anyone knew. I truly think she was pushed into being so secretive.

She left the house on valentines night after work, most people are ready for their evening meal at that time after work but she quickly got changed and left for just over an hour, she didn’t spend time getting dressed up, she dressed in leisure gear, this wasn’t a nice planned valentines date, it was a quick needed discussion, a meeting of some sorts to sort stuff out.
In the previous threads I read that the mother said she then came home and ordered takeaway as she didn’t like the evening meal her mother prepared - that makes no sense for my theory, the mother later states in the video link 2 posts above this that she goes straight to her room at 7.15pm, no takeaway, no food, which makes perfect sense if she has met up with MR X to have a chat about ending the relationship. Most young women don’t eat with annoyance when there’s relationship problems, which adds further fuel to my theory that she met up with X that night because he possibly wanted to end the relationship.
She then left for work the same time as normal and made her way to work via her usual route. If she had planned to disappear or planned to kill herself why go the route to work? Why has a body not been found? The area is dense in places but not dense to the extremes of not being found if you had committed suicide in that area . The fact that a young girl like that, with what appears to be a close family bond with the dad and brother, no large social circle of friends, a home bird, goes missing can only lead to fowl play.

she turned her location services off on her phone for the first time ever the night before, only a paranoid man who was freaking out about being caught out would think of suggesting to switch that off. I do believe that was a decision of X, not Leah.

Now, what would make someone harm a young woman like that? A mistake that can’t be hidden, like a pregnancy? For honour? For fear of being caught? The latter being less likely of a reason as I believe Leah would be easy to keep quiet, I already believe she kept the relationship a secret because she was told to, so what does that leave us with? Two real options.

I really hope the police are keeping good tabs on X, all signs point to him.

Never heard about this case until I came across it on Websleuths tonight. I’ve read the threads from start to finish. Few observations and my opinion on what I think may have happened.

firstly, noticeably, Leah isn’t your typical 19 year old girl, she doesn’t spend hours on hair, make up, doesn’t get her eyebrows done, by all means, very plain for a young girl of 19 in 2019. Further more, her choice of past time (martial arts) isn’t typical of a young woman either. With her mother stating she does not like clubs or pubs & enjoyed binge watching TV I can only assume her spare time was spent enjoying her sport and very little else, I assume she wasn’t in a big social circle of friends and I doubt she has many boyfriends in her young life. Which brings me to MR X,(who has been mentioned in MSM mods - before you snip this), potentially he could have been the first “serious” attention Leah had ever gotten from an older man, or grown up man. I feel a young woman like Leah could be easily lead astray by a man like that, groomed but not in the complete term we know of today - groomed by being easily influenced.
I feel the reason why Leah was so secretive about the relationship from her family wasn’t because she personally wanted to hide it, I feel it was because she was told under no circumstances that no one was to know, that there would be serious trouble if anyone knew. I truly think she was pushed into being so secretive.

She left the house on valentines night after work, most people are ready for their evening meal at that time after work but she quickly got changed and left for just over an hour, she didn’t spend time getting dressed up, she dressed in leisure gear, this wasn’t a nice planned valentines date, it was a quick needed discussion, a meeting of some sorts to sort stuff out.
In the previous threads I read that the mother said she then came home and ordered takeaway as she didn’t like the evening meal her mother prepared - that makes no sense for my theory, the mother later states in the video link 2 posts above this that she goes straight to her room at 7.15pm, no takeaway, no food, which makes perfect sense if she has met up with MR X to have a chat about ending the relationship. Most young women don’t eat with annoyance when there’s relationship problems, which adds further fuel to my theory that she met up with X that night because he possibly wanted to end the relationship.
She then left for work the same time as normal and made her way to work via her usual route. If she had planned to disappear or planned to kill herself why go the route to work? Why has a body not been found? The area is dense in places but not dense to the extremes of not being found if you had committed suicide in that area . The fact that a young girl like that, with what appears to be a close family bond with the dad and brother, no large social circle of friends, a home bird, goes missing can only lead to fowl play.

she turned her location services off on her phone for the first time ever the night before, only a paranoid man who was freaking out about being caught out would think of suggesting to switch that off. I do believe that was a decision of X, not Leah.

Now, what would make someone harm a young woman like that? A mistake that can’t be hidden, like a pregnancy? For honour? For fear of being caught? The latter being less likely of a reason as I believe Leah would be easy to keep quiet, I already believe she kept the relationship a secret because she was told to, so what does that leave us with? Two real options.

Brilliant summation. As a local who's followed closely from the outset, I agree absolutely with your thoughts.

BBM

I have a 19 year old daughter and actually young women like this aren’t as uncommon as you might think. I’d say she’s probably more “typical” than you are imagining. My daughter is a home-body, doesn’t have a large social circle, loves makeup but is mostly too lazy to wear it as she would rather spend the extra time in bed, and also likes box-sets. Her friends are very similar types of young women to her. The only difference is my daughter has a great boyfriend her own age who we trust implicitly, which I’m eternally grateful for!

edited to add:

so did she order takeaway or didn’t she? I’m not clear which it is?
Did Leah’s mother give two different accounts or is it a reporting error?

Last edited:
BBM

I have a 19 year old daughter and actually young women like this aren’t as uncommon as you might think. I’d say she’s probably more “typical” than you are imagining. My daughter is a home-body, doesn’t have a large social circle, loves makeup but is mostly too lazy to wear it as she would rather spend the extra time in bed, and also likes box-sets. Her friends are very similar types of young women to her. The only difference is my daughter has a great boyfriend her own age who we trust implicitly, which I’m eternally grateful for!

edited to add:

so did she order takeaway or didn’t she? I’m not clear which it is?
Did Leah’s mother give two different accounts or is it a reporting error?
Everything I have seen says she ordered a takeaway that evening.

Missing from Milton Keynes: Leah Croucher the timeline, everything we know so far

Firstly, noticeably, Leah isn’t your typical 19 year old girl, she doesn’t spend hours on hair, make up, doesn’t get her eyebrows done, by all means, very plain for a young girl of 19 in 2019. Further more, her choice of past time (martial arts) isn’t typical of a young woman either. With her mother stating she does not like clubs or pubs & enjoyed binge watching TV I can only assume her spare time was spent enjoying her sport and very little else, I assume she wasn’t in a big social circle of friends and I doubt she has many boyfriends in her young life. Which brings me to MR X,(who has been mentioned in MSM mods - before you snip this), potentially he could have been the first “serious” attention Leah had ever gotten from an older man, or grown up man. I feel a young woman like Leah could be easily lead astray by a man like that, groomed but not in the complete term we know of today - groomed by being easily influenced.

Oops I managed to post in the middle of your post.
Her family was aware of their relationship- her mother warned her "now don't go falling for him, because he will never be yours". Of course her brother has expressed many opinions about the relationship on his fb page.

I feel like there is no “momentum” to this case. No sense of urgency or worry or panic. It feels very different to Libby’s murder somehow in terms of reporting and coverage :(.

Any locals on this thread think it’s just because I’m not from the area and actually there’s things happening in MK itself? Any more searches? Nine months is such a long time and it almost feels like Leah has just been forgotten by MSM :(.

I feel like there is no “momentum” to this case. No sense of urgency or worry or panic. It feels very different to Libby’s murder somehow in terms of reporting and coverage :(.

Any locals on this thread think it’s just because I’m not from the area and actually there’s things happening in MK itself? Any more searches? Nine months is such a long time and it almost feels like Leah has just been forgotten by MSM :(.

I’m a local and there is a definite lack of momentum it’s commented on social media to that effect. We have had some notable incidents of stabbing but that was very recent, it is a struggle to understand and I have a feeling that there is a reason for this lack of urgency

Today is nine months from Leah’s mysterious evening meeting on Valentine’s Day. MSM has not reported where she went or who she was with. We do know that she didn’t see the friend she had told her parents she was seeing. If anyone knows or suspects who she saw, report it please on 101 or the online form or anonymously to Crimestoppers.

I personally expect she saw X so would encourage X or Mrs X to tell the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304