Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE said he was seen leaving the station in the silver/gray Lincoln. They didnt say they saw Aniah's car leaving? I'm curious about that. The natural flow would have been to say in what order the vehicles left. Guess we'll have to wait for the PC Warrant to be released after he's charged.

Early on they said her vehicle was seen on South College Street. They have it on the camera footage. Although thinking on it could be it was her driving into town rather than leaving town.

Ibraheem Yazeed, 30, of Montgomery, Alabama, was taken into custody in Florida's Escambia County early Friday morning. He is being held at the local county jail, according to Maj. Andrew Hobbs of the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

[...]

Late Thursday night, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office received a call from the United States Marshals Service to assist in an arrest of the suspect on the Alabama-Florida line, according to Hobbs.

Yazeed was driving along an interstate highway from Alabama into Florida and tried to flee the officers attempting to arrest him. He was ultimately apprehended in the Pensacola area of northeast Florida, just 3 miles from the border with Alabama, Hobbs said.

Aniah Blanchard kidnapping suspect arrested weeks after Alabama college student's disappearance

If the police knew his identity, why wouldn’t they just have gone straight to posting his pic with his name and say he was wanted? I don’t think they had a clue who he was until he was identified by the person who tipped them off, just like they said.

So glad they have him in custody.

The public id'd him on social media within hours of his picture being released, i feel like this arrest could have been made a long time ago.

IZ’s home address is just 17 minutes from where Aniah’s car was found. But I agree, he didn’t walk home from the apartments. Google says 3 1/2 hours to walk so possible but definitely not probable.

EDited to clarify and remov address from map

Attachments

• 08E210FA-4E03-4520-80BE-B115A10B97A4.jpeg
    08E210FA-4E03-4520-80BE-B115A10B97A4.jpeg
    256.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
According to jail records he was booked in this morning at 2:32 am. He's being held on no bond as an out of state fugitive.
Ibraheem Yazeed suspect in disappearance of Aniah Blanchard arrested

Authorities say Ibraheem Yazeed was apprehended on I-10 at the Pine Forest exit, which is the second exit in Pensacola past the Alabama state line.
BREAKING: Person of interest in Aniah Blanchard disappearance arrested in Florida
As my husband would say" Not the sharpest tool in the shed" As the song says "The road runs on forever" This guy runs to a dead end at the beach.I wonder if he was planning to swim to another location Maybe Sharkville.

His place

gxJaBky.jpg

His house was last sold in July 2003 for $19k to another person with the last name Yazeed which is not him, i can't put the name here as family members have not been mentioned in MSM, There are 2 different yazeed's on record of living there also. so that house has been in the family for a while.

I haven't found a public record of him officaling living their either, he may stay somewhere else.

Thank god they caught him! He must have started fleeing south once his pic/name was out there. Now we just have to find Aniah.

I wonder if he left the gas station to go out and tell his partner(s) in the car that they have a potential victim in the store. One could have driven the silver/grey car and one could have been lurking or hiding by her car to ambush her when she came out and either forced her to drive or drove car with her in it. They wouldn't have wanted to leave either of the cars just sitting at the Chevron. Then at some point, they could have consolidated into just their car and dumped hers. Of course, in my theory, I still cannot make sense of those Snapchat messages. MOO
I lean toward this theory too. But thinking maybe the accomplice posed as “Eric”, turned on the charm and struck up a conversation with Aniah. Aniah gets the texts from her roommate, responds and then tells “Eric” that she needs to head home. As she gets in her car, he forces his way in and kidnaps her. IY meanwhile, is in the Town Car and follows. This explains why IY was seen leaving the Chevron in a silver/gray town car. Also explains the Eric texts.

Maybe surveillance video didn’t get a clear shot of “Eric”, and they weren’t even sure IY was with “Eric”. But then surveillance video in other areas showed the 2 cars driving in tandem.

All just speculation, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member