Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No but she still could be with an accomplice or someone in his circle. What was the motive here? LE mentioned a car jacking but they wrecked the car and dumped it so not sure their intent was to just steal the car. Could the intent have been SA and murder? Maybe but given his past history and potential involvement in gang activity i’m leaning towards a crime involving prostitution or sex trafficking. Which means they would need her alive. Could they have her in a prostitution home somewhere? Moo

If this is a sex trafficking case, there is hope that this guy will snitch like the sewer rat that his is, and give her up. Fingers crossed. JMO

Very happy this monster was caught. Now it seems the focus is to get him to talk. Sadly, I think the "best" we can hope for is that he will share where her remains are. I hate writing that. I don't know if he just wanted to rob another person or worse but clearly his motive and actions with the 77 yr old man shows how violent he is. I am haunted by thinking of what beautiful AB went thru. Very sad case. IMO

They let him out on bail....but this is what Judges are supposed to do. Judge the probability of an offender striking again. He clearly has blatant disregard for the law and other lives. One must think- A guy like this that is charged with such fouls crimes, has probably done some foul crimes that he wasnt charged/caught for. Would not be surprised at all if this dude has hurt or even killed more people than we even know about.

With the social status and resources of this ******* and his accomplices, I do not see them holding someone hostage, feeding them for two weeks etc. They seem like the type to get what they want and move on. I hope this time they did not finish the job. I just feel like it would be a lot more likely for them to leave her somewhere roughed up then to hold her hostage for no reason.

Sad to say but my only hopes of her being alive would be that this guy really was a pimp and it was a sex trafficking thing...even then she could be in another country by now for all we know.....unfortunately...it seems like this was just a nonsensical robbery....which leads me to think the worst...

Still hoping so badly for good news...

I agree with you, but I just can't imagine she seemed like a good robbery target for him. The 77 year old he almost killed had guns & a Rolex. Aniah didn't even have a purse. On the other hand robbery still seems more likely than trafficking.

There is another missing person from Georgia. Her car was spotted south of where she was last seen in Atlanta. Nothing much to go on there, but I am curious what he was driving when the Marshall’s spotted him. This person went missing on November 4th.
GA - GA - Kelly Ann Mcinnes, 28, Ringgold, Catoosa County, 4 Nov 2019

I did my masters thesis on sex trafficking and Atlanta is actually the number one location (or it was when I wrote the paper) on sex trafficking and abducting young women and girls. It's due to the airport being so massive. This is not surprising at all to see all these missing people.

Is it standard protocol to have a perp taken by ambulence? Love the shiner, but wondering if he has further injuries trying to escape?
In my experience, this is totally normal and the right call by police. Even just a good solid punch to the eye can cause all kinds of issues - both with the eye and with the brain. You don't want to give this guy any room to make this about him and his injuries, and suddenly we have him filing a lawsuit and claiming that all of his rights were violated and we're no longer talking about where Aniah is. So, you get him checked out (and certainly after he says "chest pain").

On top of that, the hospital can evaluate his mental status (does he have a concussion, is he coherent, can his statements be considered credible), test for drugs and alcohol, and look for any other injuries (defensive wounds, scratches, broken fingers, seat belt sign from a recent car accident, etc).

In my experience, this is totally normal and the right call by police. Even just a good solid punch to the eye can cause all kinds of issues - both with the eye and with the brain. You don't want to give this guy any room to make this about him and his injuries, and suddenly we have him filing a lawsuit and claiming that all of his rights were violated and we're no longer talking about where Aniah is. So, you get him checked out (and certainly after he says "chest pain").

On top of that, the hospital can evaluate his mental status (does he have a concussion, is he coherent, can his statements be considered credible), test for drugs and alcohol, and look for any other injuries (defensive wounds, scratches, broken fingers, seat belt sign from a recent car accident, etc).
It's all about the legal exposure, you're right. I've seen defendant's act like him when arrested in other cases. He's a seasoned criminal who knows what to say. But this time he's not escaping justice. Playing the victim will not net him a get out jail free card, he'll be lucky to survive long enough to get to trial.

And honestly I’ve seen comments about”why shield his face now” and that could have been just to keep the lights out of his eyes in case a concussion. Concusssion protocol.

He’s got far too many rights.

It would be safer for everyone if there could be a law passed that states that an individual with a history of violence charged with "kidnapping and attempted murder" like Ibraheem Yazeed - must have NO BOND.

Call it "Aniah's Law", call it anything - just pass a law for this. This is my hope.

I listened to the Auburn police press conference, especially at the 7:00 video time mark, when the reporter asked about this concern. The answer given to the reporter is important.

In my opinion, the reporter was asking what most people are thinking. Why was someone with such a history of violence like Ibraheem Yazeed out on bond?

A law could change this and my opinion is that it's been needed for a long time.

These are just my own opinions and my thoughts.

WATCH: Auburn police hold press conference update on Aniah Blanchard case, arrest warrant issued

Last edited:
I did my masters thesis on sex trafficking and Atlanta is actually the number one location (or it was when I wrote the paper) on sex trafficking and abducting young women and girls. It's due to the airport being so massive. This is not surprising at all to see all these missing people.

The airport in Atlanta has trafficking warning signs all over it, in bathrooms and just in the concourses that are life-sized stand alone signs. You cannot miss them. There is a reason for that.

It would be safer for everyone if there could be a law passed that states that an individual with a history of violence charged with "kidnapping and attempted murder" like Ibraheem Yazeed - must have NO BOND.

Call it "Aniah's Law", call it anything - just pass a law for this. This is my hope.

I listened to the Auburn police press conference, especially at the 7:00 video time mark, when the reporter asked about this concern. The answer given to the reporter is important.

In my opinion, the reporter was asking what most people are thinking. Why was someone with such a history of violence like Ibraheem Yazeed out on bond?

A law could change this and my opinion is that it's been needed for a long time.

These are just my own opinions and my thoughts.

WATCH: Auburn police hold press conference update on Aniah Blanchard case, arrest warrant issued
So important! This is not the only case that exemplifies the need for such a law. Couple killed in Texas due to (alleged) suspect being out on bond.

Last edited:
While this guy thoroughly deserves a beating i don't think the police should be the ones to do it. I would prefer the police to remain professional at all times.
IMO our US Marshall’s are the best. This man was evading authorities and leading them on a pursuit. They were quite aware of his violent criminal history at this point to include attempted murder on LE. He was thought to be armed and extremely dangerous. Each of their lives were at risk while pursuing this man. Quite frankly I think he’s pretty darn lucky to have only sustained a black eye and not have been shot.
We also don’t know the whole story behind this and I for one wouldn’t be surprised if IY was the first to swing. MOO

While this guy thoroughly deserves a beating i don't think the police should be the ones to do it. I would prefer the police to remain professional at all times.
I'd wish they could've told her step father where they were before bringing him in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The system is such a fail that violent criminals get to go free and violate again and again! I'm so sick of it! I am so hopeful that Aniah is found ( as well as the other missing people from the area) and that she is alive! Just to add a side note about the snapchat messages. A lot of phones just need a fingerprint to access now. If she was knocked out, they could have easily accessed her phone info, which would also include any banking apps to transfer her money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member