GUILTY MO - Mengqi Elledge, 28, found deceased, Columbia, 9 Oct 2019 *husband arrested*

Friday, November 8th 2019
“COLUMBIA — Boone County Prosecutor Dan Knight has asked the public for help as police continue to search for a missing Columbia woman.

Knight said Columbia police detectives are searching in areas near Columbia and Jefferson City for the body of Mengqi Ji Elledge. Elledge was last seen at her home on Eastwood Drive on Oct. 8, 2019.
[SBM]

Police detectives said Joe Elledge took a long drive through unfamiliar remote areas of mid-Missouri between the time his wife went missing and the time he reported her disappearance. Knight suspects Mengqi Ji Elledge’s body is somewhere in mid-Missouri.

‘The suspect drove to the Jefferson City area on one trip and drove back to Columbia. During a second trip, later on that afternoon, he drove down to Ashland, over to Guthrie and back to Ashland and over to Fulton and back up to Columbia and then over to Rocheport,’ Knight said. ‘Those are locations where the defendant said he had gone.’

Knight has yet to file murder charges. Joe Elledge faces a charge of child abuse after he admitted bruising their daughter. Joe Elledge made recordings on his phone of conversations with his wife. Prosecutors said those conversations showed Joe Elledge was angry and controlling.
[SBM]

Police urged anyone with information to call Columbia CrimeStoppers at 573-875-TIPS.”
https://krcgtv.com/news/local/boone-county-prosecutor-asks-public-to-help-find-body-of-missing-woman

Google Maps directions from Eastwood Drive, Columbia to Jefferson City:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
8661452D-814B-4EA1-80E9-9B3FC2F2D917.jpeg
Eastwood Drive > Ashland > Guthrie > back to Ashland > Fulton > Columbia > Rocheport
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
3964A2B2-F701-4007-9C05-D2CA3648D00F.jpeg

He was the one that made the audio recordings? Strange.
Hope she’s found soon :(

I just got caught up on this case. Didn't know the husband was arrested but I'm not surprised he is the suspect in her disappearance. I am baffled as to why he would record him talking like that to his wife. What an unusual person.

I just got caught up on this case. Didn't know the husband was arrested but I'm not surprised he is the suspect in her disappearance. I am baffled as to why he would record him talking like that to his wife. What an unusual person.

Indeed. I did initially wonder where those recordings had come from, but it didn't occur to me that he would be the one recording those conversations. Very odd indeed.

Judge denies bond reduction for husband of missing woman

COLUMBIA - Judge Tracy Gonzalez issued an order Tuesday denying bond reduction for a man suspected in the disappearance of his wife.

"the credible information is insufficient to support a finding that any change in the current status of the bond will provide assurances that the defendant will appear at future court appearances."

Other conditions of Elledge's bond include no contact with his child, who is the subject of a guardianship case, as well as no possession of any weapons or intoxicants. If he gets out of jail, he is to surrender his passport. If release, Elledge could also be required to be under home detention and GPS monitoring.

Elledge's bond remains unchanged, conditions of release imposed

Twenty-four-year-old Joseph Elledge requested on Nov. 5 that his bond be reduced from $500,000 cash only. Tuesday morning, Judge Tracy Gonzalez refused to lower the bond, instead keeping it the same and adding the conditions that he have no contact with his infant daughter and that he remain in Boone County under GPS monitoring.

Attorney for Mengqi Ji's parents Amy Davis Salladay issued a statement saying "Mengqi's parents are thankful for the judge's decision to keep the bond the same." "They believe this was the right decision given the facts of this case.They are also appreciative of the work that Columbia Police Department is doing to help find their daughter. They continue to urge anyone with information related to their daughter's disappearance to please contact Crimestoppers with any information at all related to the ongoing investigation," Salladay said.

Joseph Elledge's attorney said Tuesday "I respect the court's decision."

Elledge's next court appearance is set for Nov. 26 for a case review.

not that unusual its a controlling behavior , have had a similar experience, basically points toward abuse, seen several times where the abuser will record the victim crying uncontrollably and watch what he did later !

Hunters should remain vigilant while out in rural areas as the search continues for Mengqi Ji Elledge.

She's been missing since last month, and her husband, Joseph Elledge, has been identified as a suspect. The couple has a 1-year-old daughter.

He isn't charged in her disappearance but is jailed on $500,000 bond on a child abuse charge. Charging documents say the abuse occurred in February, and the girl's mother wanted to notify the police at the time, but she gave him another chance after he promised he wouldn't do it again.

Deer firearm season began Saturday.

Hunters asked to help amid search for missing Chinese woman

Excellent! I hope this is it... Her parents and other loved ones deserve closure. I think it’s so beautiful that they want to raise Anna in the US, after the trauma they’ve been through, I’d want to grab the baby and run far away, they’re incredibly gracious humans.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they find Mengqi at last. Her family deserves some answers so that they can begin to get some closure, and I hope they find enough evidence to charge her husband with murdering her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back