Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The police needed to set out this evidence in their Probable Cause Affidavit in order to obtain the Warrant.

Otherwise, no one, other than within the L.E. investigation would be privy to this evidence they discovered.

The details and extent of the blood evidence would not have been divulged to family members. Not to anyone - except within their investigation.

This is my own opinion.

Last edited:
So many questions...

But I bet.. either the witness came forward that was the second perp in exchange for a deal..

or the witness (who was the second perp) was found first and exchanged testimony for deal.

surely they have not known about this witness from day 2? How long was her car left there? Ugh I’m sick!

How did this happen at the chevron! It has to be all on camera! She’d never park out of site unless busy and if busy someone would have seen.

I'm not so sure she wasn't pushed into her car, pushing her all the way over and then getting in the driver's seat and driving away. A lot of blood was found in her front passenger seat. Perhaps she fought so violently, that he damaged the front end of her vehicle almost wrecking, and that pissed him off so badly that he pulled over and killed her right there in a rage.

Maybe he never got the opportunity to rape her. Dumped her somewhere quickly, drove somewhere somewhat familiar or near a buddy...parked it and met up with same to retrieve his car?

I’m pretty surprised how much has been pouring out in just the last two days as well. To play devil’s advocate, I think it would be really hard to determine what to say and what not to say to the public (and thus the perps) and all while investigating and interrogating at the same time. Overall, they’re very clearly dedicated and also human, learning a little bit more from each investigation.. let’s hope their lapse in timeliness didn’t affect the outcome..

There is a petition on Change.org to pass a law about not letting violent offenders out on bond. I had thought Aniah's mother was involved with the petition but I can't seem to find that now. I didn't put the link because I wasn't entirely sure if it violated TOS but if interested you can google search, "Aniah Blanchard petition" and it should pop right up!

GUYS I AGREE BUT PLEASE BE CAREFUL- You must be specific about these charges and laws. If you have a 17 year old son who gets in a fight, and god-forbid maybe it was even self defense, but he gets hit with assault charges. They can call this "violent" and hold your son for months without bail. if the DA chooses too...and then at that point you will be powerless.

Make sure you have standards and statues- ie: a. repeat offender b felony violence or whatever class misdemeanors you want to draw the threshold at. I just know if you are not careful with how you go about this change, and you are not very very specific, this law could be manipulated to be used against all the wrong people.

There is no reason why Auburn citizens should suffer from the incompetence of Montgomery's local government and change is super necessary.. Let's do this the right way

D

If I had to guess I would say knife. Moo
I thought that I read that he had a gun. Am I wrong? Heck, he could have had a knife and a gun.

They always say not to let a perp get you away from the first scene, no matter what. So, even if the perp has a gun, it is better to get shot there in public trying to get away than to be taken to a second location.

I thought that I read that he had a gun. Am I wrong? Heck, he could have had a knife and a gun.

They always say not to let a perp get you away from the first scene, no matter what. So, even if the perp has a gun, it is better to get shot there in public trying to get away than to be taken to a second location.
I think I read that too and I almost included it but then I figured if she had been shot there most certainly would have been evidence of that and it would have stated something about bullet fragments, gun powder, or ballistics I would think. Moo

Honestly just cannot imagine the anger and heartbreak and fear. I have a lot of difficulty even letting myself think about what it would be like if I knew this man had been anywhere near one of my daughters. Her parents have continued to amaze me throughout this entire ordeal.
The standards which allow repeat violent offenders to bail out need to be changed immediately!

Sadly I just had this conversation with my 14 year old last night. You go with someone you are sure to likely meet demise, better to die trying to get away than to go and die anyway... A good friend and attorney told me that. Sad to have to tell it to my own child though.

"forcing Blanchard into a vehicle against her will and then leaving with her in the vehicle" from an Auburn convenience station,

This is interesting as it seems to imply she was forced into another vehicle but her blood was found in her vehicle, who's vehicle was she being forced into? her own or the perps? if the perps then how did her blood get into her vehicle?

Exactly what I would like know. I’m thinking maybe she was forced with a weapon or something into the passenger side of her car upon leaving out of the Chevron since it appears her blood was found on the passenger side of her car. MOO. But at this point and with so many possible variables, there is no way for us to know. Praying that she is still alive though.

Alabama's violent offenders keep bonding out, only to commit more crimes

Partial quote from the story:

"If you look at the sheer numbers of people going through the process, if we didn't have the ability to release people on bond you'd just have an overwhelming amount of people in jail, which of course would then create other problems in the justice system and the process just wouldn't move along." said Merrell.

I say this is a complete cop out and load of crap. Build more tent cities for prisoners, I DONT CARE. It’s costing LIVES and this is the excuse?

CHANGE THE LAWS NOW AND SAVE LIVES

Sadly I just had this conversation with my 14 year old last night. You go with someone you are sure to likely meet demise, better to die trying to get away than to go and die anyway... A good friend and attorney told me that. Sad to have to tell it to my own child though.
You and your children should take a self-defense class. I believe that this is part of what they teach, too.

These self-defense classes will teach you to be aware of your surroundings and what to do and not to do and how to get out of certain situations.

They also sell mace and pepper spray that goes on a key ring.

If I had a child--boy or girl--I would stress to never be alone, especially, at night, and to never be out late at night alone if at all possible.

No idea if this is related but there is a heavy police presence and search that is ongoing in Baker, Florida. Just noting that Baker could be a go between on a route from Alabama to Pensacola.

FDLE conducts search in Baker woods

FWIW: I’m listening to the Okaloosa County scanner and haven’t heard anything of note.

Dear @KayElJay,

Thank you for this news article link on the search there.

There is, understandably, concern that I.Y. could have committed more violent crimes up until he was arrested.

We all hope not! What a dangerous and violent man!
Hopefully no one innocently "got in his way".

I think I read that too and I almost included it but then I figured if she had been shot there most certainly would have been evidence of that and it would have stated something about bullet fragments, gun powder, or ballistics I would think. Moo
I thought that I read that they did find a bullet casing in her SUV. Am I mistaken? Did anyone read that?

Even people who won’t get in trouble are terrified to call police to put in tips, I know this cuz I’ve been in that situation. You wouldn’t think so til you’re in a situation where you’re sure the perp saw you or something like that. It’s also possible that they did come forward sooner and gave a bad description of perp? If he was working with others this could be hard to say exactly who it was. I’m so sad to hear this but so happy they’re on the right track.
I was gravitating toward the trafficking angle since it would mean she’s alive, but it sounds like there was a lot more blood found than I had anticipated... if he harmed her so bad right off the bat I think she’s likely gone :(:(
While on vacation many many years ago, we stopped at a curb store I saw a man beating his girlfriend. I jumped in and told him I would call the cops (before cell phones) He backed off of the girl and appolged. My husband drug me to the car and chewed me out for inserting myself into the situation. After I had calmed down he said you could have been beaten or shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow