Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get that it is what the witness said,but why say in the inquest you think you did instead of yes i did

Did they know about coffee and eats at the Buzz with MS before 20 Jan 2015?

I would hope so, and if the police didn't know before January, I would wonder why.

GJ - "Do you agree you were spoken to by police about a week after that assembly?"
BS - " Could have been, yeah"

Once BS was taken to the PD i wonder why he didn't retain his right to remain silent and not speak to police until he got an attorney?
Why did BS even accompany police for questioning, because it is not a requirement in australia unless arrested for an offence?
He should of insisted to contact a lawyer or an independent witness to be at any questioning.
I think it really helps for people to know their legal rights.

Y
Thank you both. I couldn’t remember. Yes police definitely would’ve of checked time stamp. The fact he was still a high profile Poi means it definitely didn’t collaborate what he said.
I also found it interesting in the 4 corners episode
When Bs was talking about the assembly
He stumbled when it come to part where he was sitting. With him correcting himself saying we just picked a seat. Making sure to not specify whether it was in side or outside.
BBM, I disagree. It might mean that the police were satisfied that the phone was at the assembly, and the credit card was at the cafe, but as to the person wielding them, that was open to doubt.

BBM, I disagree. It might mean that the police were satisfied that the phone was at the assembly, and the credit card was at the cafe, but as to the person wielding them, that was open to doubt.

It would seem unusual for the phone to be at the assembly without him, seeing that he uses it for work purposes.
I suspect that there is an issue with the blurry photo. Spedding was quick to mention that it was blurry. I think it is also typical to take more than one photo, in case some dont turn out. Especially as Margaret didn't seem to know if he took 'photos', I imagine it was typical that more than one photo was taken when the phone's camera was used.

I agree about the cafe. There could easily have been the family friend having coffee and cake with Margaret, while they waited for assembly time.

What i get from watching it and all imo is the police were doing their job,i expect them to be harsh and hound someone..i dont expect..did you do it..no not i..ok have a nice day......i do expect police to follow up claims about child sexual abuse and for the victims to have this heard in a court,even if it is 30 years later..its just a shame a child cant expect a court system to get justice for them without an adult making out they lied..and the same would go for William if he was found years on..if anything did happen to him would he get justice..nope.. not unless someone confessed or otherwise it would be,no i never touched him bla bla and that is the sad world we live in today,people know what to say, how to say it and how to avoid saying it and twisting things along with a lawyer telling you exactly how to say things as with margaret checking to see if what she said was ok and also using clever words..the police also had a 3yr old they were looking for,this would get to anyone and mostly the police having the worlds pressure to find him and if that was my child missing thats exactly how i would want them to investigate..
brutal.....imo the media alone is more to blame for bs life being a shambles and also us the public for wanting to know..also was there any mention of the septic tank situation that was reported to police?

It would seem unusual for the phone to be at the assembly without him, seeing that he uses it for work purposes.
I suspect that there is an issue with the blurry photo. Spedding was quick to mention that it was blurry. I think it is also typical to take more than one photo, in case some dont turn out. Especially as Margaret didn't seem to know if he took 'photos', I imagine it was typical that more than one photo was taken when the phone's camera was used.

I agree about the cafe. There could easily have been the family friend having coffee and cake with Margaret, while they waited for assembly time.
yip and or ordered for him and he didnt show..roll on march is all i can say..i still cant see why the witness didnt say YES at the inquest instead of i think,

The second part that came in Friday arvo was delivered to his home address, wasn't it?

Presumably the 'first' part was delivered to his home as well.
Did he take it with him that morning when he dropped the two kids off at school?

I guess they would have been dropped off at 8:30am-ish. Two and 1/4 hours before intending to meet Margaret.
Plenty of time to nip over to Kendall, install a part and return for the assembly.
Otherwise, two and 1/4 hours of doing what?

It is no wonder the police really, really wanted to know if he was at that assembly. Wanted absolute proof. Not a few "we sat inside", "we sat outside", "I saw Bill at an assembly".

imo

Last edited:

I'm not saying I think those are reasonable possibilities at this stage--that Spedding wasn't in Laurieton at those times. Just, people are saying that the time stamps must have been off or police would have dropped him as a POI way back. The time stamp could well be right and police remained suspicious, though at some point, with the accumulation of this sort of evidence--each piece individually just questionable--it becomes unreasonable to maintain the suspicion.

Hi all! Just popping in to air a possible reason for the delay in the inquest that has no conspiracy!

Harriet Grahame seems to be a busy lady and has ask been working on this important inquest :

Over 16 days of hearings, deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame examined the deaths of six people aged between 18 and 23 at events in the state over an almost two-year period.

Delivering her findings this morning, Ms Grahame called for sweeping reforms.

Festival deaths inquest calls for drug use to be decriminalised

Oh I have watched it.:)
It is also interesting what GJ has to say at 27:00.
Beneficial to clarify an alibi asap.
I wonder why BS did not get online and download that statement asap.
BS did get the receipt from his bank statement asap, it's not his problem that police didn't do a proper investigation asap, but months later when memories fade, IMO.

Hi all! Just popping in to air a possible reason for the delay in the inquest that has no conspiracy!

Harriet Grahame seems to be a busy lady and has ask been working on this important inquest :

Over 16 days of hearings, deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame examined the deaths of six people aged between 18 and 23 at events in the state over an almost two-year period.

Delivering her findings this morning, Ms Grahame called for sweeping reforms.

Festival deaths inquest calls for drug use to be decriminalised
You could be right. I don't think there was a conspiracy though, I think the delay is due to more evidence being required as a result of information that has come out of the inquest. I hope it is a good thing and there are some definitive answers.

Was just looking at some articles about the inquest. I find it odd that someone would say such a thing - BBM below - or am I just being paranoid?

"Last week, other attendees corroborated Mr Spedding's account that he was at the assembly of a child relative, which is what he told police more than four years ago.

"I thought it was odd as it is not a street that people would cruise up to pick up children. My personal thought is that it is targeted and not random," he said of William's disappearance in the same statement.

His lawyer Peter O'Brien told reporters outside court this week that Mr Spedding was considering taking legal action against NSW Police."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html

You could be right. I don't think there was a conspiracy though, I think the delay is due to more evidence being required as a result of information that has come out of the inquest. I hope it is a good thing and there are some definitive answers.

I read that Taree Court House has repairs waiting... ? I might be able to find an article

Was just looking at some articles about the inquest. I find it odd that someone would say such a thing - BBM below - or am I just being paranoid?

"Last week, other attendees corroborated Mr Spedding's account that he was at the assembly of a child relative, which is what he told police more than four years ago.

"I thought it was odd as it is not a street that people would cruise up to pick up children. My personal thought is that it is targeted and not random," he said of William's disappearance in the same statement.

His lawyer Peter O'Brien told reporters outside court this week that Mr Spedding was considering taking legal action against NSW Police."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...e-questions-than-answers-20190829-p52m5q.html
Not a strange thing to say at all IMO, as others have said the same thing about that particular street and how quiet etc. it was there. Who would of even known a little 3 year old boy was there and unsupervised at the time for apparently a few short minutes, to allow someone to be able to take him?
Who exactly would of been there right at that moment?

The observation is fair enough but the language strikes me as casual and familiar, as if his mates chat about the sort of thing routinely and it doesn't faze him.

I think the delay is probably as simple as not being able to find a time in the near future when the Coroner, lawyers, witnesses and courtroom were all available.

I'm not saying I think those are reasonable possibilities at this stage--that Spedding wasn't in Laurieton at those times. Just, people are saying that the time stamps must have been off or police would have dropped him as a POI way back. The time stamp could well be right and police remained suspicious, though at some point, with the accumulation of this sort of evidence--each piece individually just questionable--it becomes unreasonable to maintain the suspicion.

A circumstantial alibi for a circumstantial investigation?

A very small accumulation of weak evidence does not make for a strong alibi. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa