CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still do not understand why he hated her- she did not have to move to CO, bear his child, etc. She had a good family, a good job.... what was the whole point of this? he invited her out there and commenced a relationship with her. he could have just had his affair with KK. why all this hatred and violence? I will never get it.

One thing we know is that Patrick chose women for their ability and willingness to do work for him....clean, mend fences, cook, move cattle. Also for money to co-invest in animals as per KK.

He obviously also had sex with them some....hence, the pregnancies.

He may have sought someone (Kelsey and maybe others) on the Internet because people in his hometown knew what a loser he was. That could explain "pursuing" out-of-town girl, KK when he was young.

I'd like to hear what girls who went to school with Patrick have to say.

Last edited:
Photo of good doggo Radar here

K-9 Unit | Elizabeth Colorado
Aw, thanks for finding that. I was looking for his picture but I didn't find any. I was searching under Teller County.

Gorgeous doggie

radar_1.jpg

Cannot agree more - and we still have what? 60? More witnesses ? Holy cripe how many people did he talk to? I’m believing that DA And company found every single person he ever whispered anything to regarding KB
I. can’t . Wait.
JMO
(But am glad court is closed Monday)

I’m of the opposite mindset... of a lot of the witnesses are redundant, they really don’t need to call them just to continue to hammer proven points home. I’ve seen that happen in some trials, and the judge and jury both seem unappreciative of that strategy. The prosecution has the case in the bag and 60 more witnesses won’t change that...

[...]

Frazee said during one call with Moore that their conversation “was being recorded” but he felt like he needed to ask if anything was “disrupted by the red barn” which Moore understood as the red barn at Nash Ranch. Moore said no, and Frazee said, “Oh, alright, just curious.” This phone call had indeed been recorded and was played in court Friday afternoon.

After this call, Moore immediately called Frazee’s attorney and then law enforcement. ...

1. Wasn't there something stated right before the trial or at the beginning about a recorded call from the Jail that occurred back in February 2019? If I recall, we hadn't seen it in any of the warrants, etc. Perhaps this is the "recorded call" that Moore is referencing. I may have my cases mixed up.
  2. I am sure I am not alone loving all these bomb shells (evidence, facts) being presented one after another. We are getting closer and closer to justice for KB and family. These bomb shells have also seemed to help simmer down some of the posts that were rampant and ludicrous two or three days ago. I am referring to the ones that, in my opinion, seemed to be written with the purpose to cause discontent, and were lacking rationale. I am all for respectful discussion and obviously there will be differing of opinions, but what we experienced here on consecutive days this week seemed like a deliberate annoyance. While many of you highly engaged sleuths tactfully interacted, I kept looking for the STFU button (ok, my momma raised me better than that, the STHU button) but all I could find was the Like +Quote and Reply buttons!
MOO

It was the only thing that made sense. He wasn’t trying to act innocent, and didn’t do the things that people who are innocent, or are feigning innocence, would do.

He shut up. Lawyered up. And was basically saying “you think I’m a murderer? Prove it!”

It was a challenge.
BBM:

"Challenge Accepted!" ~ DA May

One thing we know is that Patrick chose women for their ability and willingness to do work for him....clean, mend fences, cook, move cattle.

He obviously also had sex with them some....hence, the pregnancies.

He may have sought someone (Kelsey and maybe others) on the Internet because people in his hometown knew what a loser he was. That could explain "pursuing" out-of-town girl, KK when he was young.

I'd like to hear what girls who went to school with Patrick have to say.

bbm Slim pickins' in Florissant Colorado, that's why imo

I’m of the opposite mindset... of a lot of the witnesses are redundant, they really don’t need to call them just to continue to hammer proven points home. I’ve seen that happen in some trials, and the judge and jury both seem unappreciative of that strategy. The prosecution has the case in the bag and 60 more witnesses won’t change that...

The witnesses all provide corroboration of KK’s account, which is incredibly important. They’re testifying about different (relevant) periods of time.

Most of them have only briefly appeared on the stand, some as short as several minutes.

Besides that, this trial is moving at a brisk pace, and is only scheduled for about 3 weeks. That’s short for a trial with this much evidence.

I’d be more concerned if the trial was much longer.

Last edited:
I do agree that you don’t want to overdo it with the jury but what if the next witness has even more incriminating information? So far I’m impressed with the technical aspects of the layout of witness testimony and evidence but do agree - too much detail that the jurors can’t connect with would be a bad move- so far I trust this DA
JMO

Haaaaa. Idiot.

Moore recalled an April 2018 conversation about #KelseyBerreth:
"I figured out a way to kill her," #PatrickFrazee said.

"And I went don't even talk about **** like that," Moore replied.
"He went, 'No body, no crime.'"
"I said 'Patrick, get that out of your head.'"

@csgazette

Jakob Rodgers on Twitter

April 2018. Another person knew of PF's intent to kill Kelsey and apparently did nothing.

It was the only thing that made sense. He wasn’t trying to act innocent, and didn’t do the things that people who are innocent, or are feigning innocence, would do.

He shut up. Lawyered up. And was basically saying “you think I’m a murderer? Prove it!”

It was a challenge.

I’m sure PF is absolutely astounded that he was caught and that they have so much evidence against him. He surely thought he was smart enough to get away with this. I wish we could hear his thoughts.

It seems that they are moving pretty briskly through the witnesses, though. High-profile murder cases can be fairly long and drawn out. This seems to be an exception. Monday is Veteran's Day, so the trial might stretch into the week of the 18th. They will easily finish up well ahead of Thanksgiving, IMHO.

I believe we may have seen photos of teeth in the search warrant inventory from PF residence-- not to be confused with the tooth that was buried in the scorched earth.

(I believe there was an envelope containing teeth collected from the residence).

MOO

what bothers me about the tooth at KB’s home....PF was in such a rage , eventually chasing poor KB around and mad she lived as long as she did...how in the heck did he know that a tooth was in the vent....did he see it fly, did he walk around looking at his trophy mess....who goes and looks for a tooth in a vent? Did he plant it for KK to retrieve to see if she followed his instructions? I guess people like him...just more proof how evil he is...

I don't think he knew her well enough when he moved her out to Colorado. She was reserved, quiet, and kind and he likely thought she was vulnerable.
They were only together for a few months before she got pregnant.
That's not long enough to truly get to know someone.

Once he realized she was intelligent and becoming more independent he probably realized he could not control and manipulate her so easily.
I'm guessing that made him angry and resentful.
He was likely furious when her parents bought her the condo.

Maybe she was starting to stand up to him. They probably argued about how to raise the baby.
Maybe she didn't adore him as much as when they first met.
Or maybe he just lost interest in her soon after the baby was born.

Either way, I think he knew there was no way she was going to let him have custody. No way he could get around having to pay her child support.
So he decided the only option was to get rid of her.

Imo

I sometimes think he killed her at the condo because he hated that she had a condo. Or maybe just convenience.... if he really had no emotions, would he be so volatile and nasty?

Exactly. If you’re ok with no one ever being charged with murder, than the deal was a terrible one.

But if you want the murderer to pay, the deal was a necessary one.

You go for both, you almost certainly get neither. There was no murder case without KK.

I’ve seen stronger cases than this one (minus KK’s cooperation, and the tremendous evidence that came with it), languish, likely forever.

They needed her.

And there is poetic justice in having Patrick sit there while two women he abused in their own unique ways launch him toward permanently losing all his freedom.

And maybe his own mother will join Kelsey and KK in this endeavor. Anything can happen!

I think about what that freedom must mean to a man who has spent his entire life outside feeling the breeze, enjoying the seasons and it makes me sit here on my sofa and smile.

Hell must be losing everything that ever brought you joy.

Welcome to Hell, Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member