Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of IY previous trials, his mother wrote a letter blaming a concussion as a child for his lack of impulse control yet she wanted his juvenile crimes to remain sealed! She can’t play both sides...my poor son and then hide the bad things he did as a minor too
Ok, let's play Devil's Advocate and say that this is true- all the more reason that this man should not be out on the streets, roaming free by himself, and living with family or friends, who can't watch him 24/7 or control his impulses.

At the very least, he should have been in a home for brain injured clients, where he would be watched closely, medication monitored to help prevent or lessen these impulses, while living as decent of a life that he can while being constantly supervised. Some of these brain injured clients that live in such homes end up arrested at the homes, because they get violent at the home, and that's under 24/365 supervision, but at least someone is there to report their crime and have them taken out of the home until properly reassessed by doctors, medication adjusted, after spending a night or so in jail.

To me, it’s very likely he was beaten and abused in other ways as a young child. While the brain is developing, trauma can set off predisposition to sociopathy, psychopathy, etc. I honestly would not believe his mother for one moment because she likely had a part in his obvious lack of social/moral critical thinking from a young age. I don’t think this man ever had the ability to “opt out” and chose a better life. He belongs behind bars forever, as the damage in his brain is incurable and I don’t think he can ever change.. that he made it this far without getting life in prison is a rude awakening to all of us.. so sorry that beautiful Aniah was caught up in his wake of violence, it should have been stopped long before.

In one of IY previous trials, his mother wrote a letter blaming a concussion as a child for his lack of impulse control yet she wanted his juvenile crimes to remain sealed! She can’t play both sides...my poor son and then hide the bad things he did as a minor too
In regards to IY’s mom using the Front Lobe Damage as an excuse is IMHO a piss poor excuse & bullshirt.

There are medications & therapy that help control & address symptoms of FLD.

My opinion is based upon what happened to my sister. When she was 4 (25+ years ago) she was accidentally hit in the head with a baseball bat, incurring frontal lobe damage.

Yes her personality changed, yes she had some issues with impulse control especially when she was a teenager BUT medication & therapy have tremendously helped her with her deficits.

When my family started noticing a grave difference in my sister’s personality (that started affecting others in a negative & hurtful way-in her teens) our parents reached out to our local county & state government for assistance.

So there should NOT be any excuse, including they couldn’t afford it (bc there are programs for low income families/people) as to why IY and/or his mom couldn’t/didn’t seek treatment for these negative effects of FLD.

*^In addition to what I said above, I wanted to add that my sister ended up going on to college, graduating & has a degree in accounting. Self control is accessible if you choose to work at obtaining it. Teaching yourself not to act on all of your impulses just bc you have them is possible!

Last edited:
In regards to IY’s mom using the Front Lobe Damage as an excuse is IMHO a piss poor excuse & bullshirt.

There are medications & therapy that help control & address symptoms of FLD.

My opinion is based upon what happened to my sister. When she was 4 (25+ years ago) she was accidentally hit in the head with a baseball bat, incurring frontal lobe damage.

Yes her personality changed, yes she had some issues with impulse control especially when she was a teenager BUT medication & therapy have tremendously helped her with her deficits.

When my family started noticing a grave difference in my sister’s personality (that started affecting others in a negative & hurtful way-in her teens) our parents reached out to our local county & state government for assistance.

So there should NOT be any excuse, including they couldn’t afford it (bc there are programs for low income families/people) as to why IY and/or his mom couldn’t/didn’t seek treatment for these negative effects of FLD.
I do agree with everything you said, but one thing I need to bring up- no two people that have brain injuries are alike. Some do live productive lives after without much complication. Two people can have almost identical accidents, but it can affect one person and change them completely, while the other is fine. I have seen this happen from sports accidents, car accidents, etc. It is so unpredictable, which is why they need to be monitored closely and medication levels checked frequently.

Of course, this is all assuming that the mother is telling the truth about her son having a concussion, to which may have definitely altered his brain chemistry for life.

I do agree with everything you said, but one thing I need to bring up- no two people that have brain injuries are alike. Some do live productive lives after without much complication. Two people can have almost identical accidents, but it can affect one person and change them completely, while the other is fine. I have seen this happen from sports accidents, car accidents, etc. It is so unpredictable, which is why they need to be monitored closely and medication levels checked frequently.

Of course, this is all assuming that the mother is telling the truth about her son having a concussion, to which may have definitely altered his brain chemistry for life.

There were bad complications (in her early teen years...like fighting, getting suspended from school multiple times for fighting, anger & impulse issues) but when they arose, this is when our parents reached out for help.

And, yes, socioeconomic status makes a huge difference in treatment.

I absolutely think this guy should hang. BUT I feel some empathy for him, he was likely never able to choose a better life for himself.

When I read your comment I got chills. If he killed her, and I know that is still an if at this point, he could have killed her in that hour and disposed of her somewhere locally before heading to Montgomery. I hope the search teams have considered this.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I am still hoping she is alive, but evidence is pointing otherwise. I feel that he killed her and disposed of her body in the Auburn area before getting on the highway. I don’t think he is necessarily the brightest criminal, but I don’t see him driving on the highway with a dead body in the car. I think he would want to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Just want to add how saddened I am about this case. My heart breaks for Aniah’s family.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I am still hoping she is alive, but evidence is pointing otherwise. I feel that he killed her and disposed of her body in the Auburn area before getting on the highway. I don’t think he is necessarily the brightest criminal, but I don’t see him driving on the highway with a dead body in the car. I think he would want to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Just want to add how saddened I am about this case. My heart breaks for Aniah’s family.

Although he was pulled over for driving erratically with the severely beaten 77 year old man in his car still. So you never know.

IMO... please do not be fooled. Having seen far too many of these hardened criminals as a former prosecutor, do not believe the cognitively challenged BS. This guy is a shrewd, crafty, accomplished criminal. He knows exactly what he is doing. He may not be able to write a thesis, but he is extremely clever in his own right.

It infuriates me that these crimes keep getting perpetrated by criminals let out on bond or even granted parole when they shouldn’t be. I will support any petition to try to rectify this, but it is too late for many. Recidivism is REAL. Rehabilitation for violent criminals, especially ones with escalating drug use, is mostly an illusion. This guy knew he was going back inside. No one he crossed paths with was safe. IMO

May I ask you a question please? I previously posted some suggestions for elected officials and policy makers to consider in my write in campaign. One was to eliminate the 10% bond and the other was to eliminate bonding completely for those unable to afford their own attorney. Basically my thought process was to make bonds their actual amount, not 10%. It’s just a fallacy when a judge imposes bail of 100’s of thousands when it’s only 10%. Just from reading here it appears many people are unaware of this little “catch” in the system.. My contention is if public awareness of this 10% rule was increased there would be outrage. My thinking on the second part is if someone can’t afford their own attorney they shouldn’t be bonded out at all. How can you afford to bond but can’t pay a lawyer? I’m not originally from the US so I’m not familiar with the constitution but it was mentioned both these suggestions would be unconstitutional. Does the constitution actually state bail must only be 10% of the imposed amount? Does the constitution actually state something about the right to bail and still have a publicly paid defender?

I don't know the history of IY and his family. But hearing the ambulance statement, watching him in the Florida courtroom, his criminal history, the statements his mother has made then and now. This guy may be intellectually challenged, but he excels at manipulation. His mother has likely ran interference for him his whole life, it's never going to be his fault. We were just discussing this in the Monica Moynan case, the man who killed her has a mother who coddled him in this same way. Even if he is convicted of her murder, she will deny her son did it.

Regardless of whether I am right or wrong in my thoughts about IY, he was/is a dangerous criminal with no impulse control. His history prior to the assault of the 77 year old man and the seriousness of that crime should have netted him a very high bond. I'm heartbroken Aniah had to lose her life.

Although he was pulled over for driving erratically with the severely beaten 77 year old man in his car still. So you never know.
Unfortunately he may have learned a lesson from that and not kept her in the car?

I also think that hour was probably used to get rid of her body, and that her body was dumped around the time the phone went dark, as much as I hope that’s not true. If that’s the right timeline, he didn’t have much time to plan a location or hide her body, so I would think it’s in the water, shallow grave, dumpster, something like that and will eventually be found. MOO. I still hope she is just holed up in a hotel or apartment somewhere and will be found alive, although the search does not seem to be geared toward that.

I can think of several different ways I would travel from that Chevron to 85-S. I would think they have or will be searching each of those routes. But each route would have areas that are heavily wooded. Praying today is the day she is found and I am praying for a miracle for her

This man is an absolute monster. I pray they find her soon so her family will be able to at least have some closure. It sickens me that these people are roaming freely. This poor girl just wanted to get some chips and go home after a long and (I’m sure) emotional day. My heart breaks for her family and loved ones.

A little late on this...

Saturday, November 9th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 8am ET) - AL – Aniah Haley Blanchard (19) (Oct. 23, 2019, Auburn, Lee County; not found) – *Ibraheem Yazeed (30) arrested & charged (11/7/19) with 1st degree kidnapping. No bond.
He was free on a $295,000 bond on charges of kidnapping, attempted murder, robbery & possession of marijuana in connection to the beating of two men in a Montgomery hotel in January. His criminal record dated to 2011 when he was charged with robbery & attempted murder the year after. Those charges were ultimately dismissed at separate grand juries. To be extradited from Escambia County, Fla. to Lee County, Ala.
11/9/19 Update: State Attorney Bill Eddins said Yazeed will appear before Circuit Judge Michael G. Allen at the the Department of Juvenile Center in Pensacola, Florida, at 8 a.m. Saturday, 11/9. Eddins said if Yazeed agrees to waive extradition, Alabama authorities will be able to immediately transport him back to his home state for prosecution.

Can somebody please make sense of this for me? From what I can gather, there were four people (including IY) involved in this incident, and one of the defendant's names was not released. One of the people arrested is a woman who has prior prostitution charges against her (within a month or two). Another is a terrifying looking man - I honestly don't even want to type his name (it's in the article). Then there is another kidnapping and beating with the 77 year old man. Can someone determine if the 77 year old was in the hotel, or if this was ANOTHER beating and robbery that IY was involved in? I'm confused by the article. According to what I can find, the other man was charged AGAIN with kidnapping and attempted murder in September 2019 and made bond again. I'm terrified.
Elmore man charged with attempted murder, kidnapping and robbery in January hotel incident

https://alabama.arrests.org/search....partial=True&lname=gaines&startdate=&enddate=

I don't think he came to auburn just to kidnap someone. I think he was here committing another crime. There were multiple units in the area of the chevron for other calls around the time she was taken. Scanner archives are nice to have sometimes to review. I can't figure out how he pulled this off at that intersection! I'm going to listen to the scanner archives again and see if anything stands out after the most recent information in this case

Hi, I’m really behind here, quick question:

Is this witness that saw Aniah being forced into her vehicle just coming forward now? I’m confused as to why we are just hearing about this. Tia.

A little late on this...

Saturday, November 9th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ 8am ET) - AL – Aniah Haley Blanchard (19) (Oct. 23, 2019, Auburn, Lee County; not found) – *Ibraheem Yazeed (30) arrested & charged (11/7/19) with 1st degree kidnapping. No bond.
He was free on a $295,000 bond on charges of kidnapping, attempted murder, robbery & possession of marijuana in connection to the beating of two men in a Montgomery hotel in January. His criminal record dated to 2011 when he was charged with robbery & attempted murder the year after. Those charges were ultimately dismissed at separate grand juries. To be extradited from Escambia County, Fla. to Lee County, Ala.
11/9/19 Update: State Attorney Bill Eddins said Yazeed will appear before Circuit Judge Michael G. Allen at the the Department of Juvenile Center in Pensacola, Florida, at 8 a.m. Saturday, 11/9. Eddins said if Yazeed agrees to waive extradition, Alabama authorities will be able to immediately transport him back to his home state for prosecution.
Thanks @Niner

And, yes, socioeconomic status makes a huge difference in treatment.

I absolutely think this guy should hang. BUT I feel some empathy for him, he was likely never able to choose a better life for himself.

I see your point. But he evidently could function well enough to make choices on his own. When he made bad choices, it seems as if his mom stepped in to deflect the consequences. If that was the parental pattern in his life and he never had to face any serious intervention from the courts/legal system, well there you have it. I don't believe he lacked the ability to know right from wrong, or to be able to make good choices. He needs to be removed from free society forever and can rehabilitate (or not) in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member