TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not surprising that she's playing the unfortunate helpless emotional vulnerable female card. Was she crying when she participated in the murder and burial of two strangers before hitting the road with their vehicles?

Well, if she did participate in their murders, I'd suspect no, she wasn't crying. But we don't yet know if she DID participate, or even if she knew they were murdered.
We also don't know if it's a card she's playing or if she was with him willingly after the fact. I mean, for all we know he killed them and told her to keep her mouth shut or her and the kid were next. It happens.

I know it's easy to assume the worst but often we're surprised here when the facts come to light, and sometimes it's the last thing we all "assumed" so, I'm just sort of on the fence here until we have more facts.

Well, if she did participate in their murders, I'd suspect no, she wasn't crying. But we don't yet know if she DID participate, or even if she knew they were murdered.
We also don't know if it's a card she's playing or if she was with him willingly after the fact. I mean, for all we know he killed them and told her to keep her mouth shut or her and the kid were next. It happens.

I know it's easy to assume the worst but often we're surprised here when the facts come to light, and sometimes it's the last thing we all "assumed" so, I'm just sort of on the fence here until we have more facts.

That's giving an awful lot of benefit of the doubt. There were plenty of opportunities for Noverr to seek help or report the vehicle theft between the time of the murders, most likely on October 16, ditching their own vehicles at the Bingo Hall (which requires two drivers), crossing through customs on October 21, and the arrests.

They had their vehicle and the victim's vehicle on October 17. One person didn't walk between the beach and the Bingo Hall, so they each drove one vehicle. They abandoned their own vehicle at the Bingo Hall, and then they both drove back to the beach in the victim's vehicle. That would have been the perfect time for Noverr to seek help. Even if the child was with Williams, if she felt that both of their lives were in danger, she had a opportunity to seek help and did not make that choice.

That's giving an awful lot of benefit of the doubt. There were plenty of opportunities for Noverr to seek help or report the vehicle theft between the time of the murders, most likely on October 16, ditching their own vehicles at the Bingo Hall (which requires two drivers), crossing through customs on October 21, and the arrests.

They had their vehicle and the victim's vehicle on October 17. One person didn't walk between the beach and the Bingo Hall, so they each drove one vehicle. They abandoned their own vehicle at the Bingo Hall, and then they both drove back to the beach in the victim's vehicle. That would have been the perfect time for Noverr to seek help. Even if the child was with Williams, if she felt that both of their lives were in danger, she had a opportunity to seek help and did not make that choice.

I do tend to give the benefit of doubt, quite a bit :) Most find it super annoying, and I get that. The problem is, without facts or evidence we're all just speculating either one way or the other. I'm not disagreeing with you though. In fact, for all we know, it was her that killed them both. She could be a raving loon and maybe he was into that kind of madness. We've all seen that kind of insanity in cases many many times.

I do tend to give the benefit of doubt, quite a bit :) Most find it super annoying, and I get that. The problem is, without facts or evidence we're all just speculating either one way or the other. I'm not disagreeing with you though. In fact, for all we know, it was her that killed them both. She could be a raving loon and maybe he was into that kind of madness. We've all seen that kind of insanity in cases many many times.

True, but we do have some facts. They needed two drivers and two vehicles to abandon their vehicle at the Bingo Hall and then return to the beach to pick up the victim's camper. That means that Noverr was alone in one of the vehicles at some time and therefore had the opportunity to drive to a police station or request help at a gas station, or many other possibilities. That doesn't need to be published in the media to be a known fact.

True, but we do have some facts. They needed two drivers and two vehicles to abandon their vehicle at the Bingo Hall and then return to the beach to pick up the victim's camper. That means that Noverr was alone in one of the vehicles at some time and therefore had the opportunity to drive to a police station or request help at a gas station, or many other possibilities. That doesn't need to be published in the media to be a known fact.
I agree. He could have had the child with him tho as insurance she wouldn't turn on him. Yet I do believe she was in on it until facts prove she wasn't.

For those asking about the cats - family confirmed all 3 were chipped I read BUT that doesn’t mean squat as far as finding them. It’s not like a GPS, just has ID info linked to the chip if someone were to find them, catch them, and take them to be scanned for a chip. Sadly, let’s be honest - those 3 cats were not used to being outside. They were likely just in the way and ran out them became dinner for the same animals that were dining on the Butlers. Horrible, but in all reality it’s the most likely ending. Actually if it hadn’t been for the wildlife the bodies may not have been discovered for a lot longer.

She had to know his criminal history which makes me think she likely went along with all of it.
It's possible she didn't know his criminal history. I know, there I go again with the benefit of the doubt.

Seriously though, I do suspect she was likely in on it from the beginning, but without facts, evidence or a confession, it's hard to know what to think.

If the Butlers were killed on the 16th, and the picture was taken of him crossing the border at midnite 20/21 would he still have bruising and swelling from a fight with them 4-5 days previous? I do not know.
Bruises usually take a day or two for discoloring to appear... blood under the skin appears red, purple, yellow; until absorbed into the body can take a couple of weeks to disappear
He speaks of them being parked in a "compound", and hiding, but that could mean a lot of things. Most of the homes in that town have walls and gates. Some neighborhoods, also. It's pretty inexpensive to live there and some places can be rented for $20/night. It could mean anything. But they saw them and the little girl for a whole week leading up to their arrest. I'd still like to know how you can have zero income as they both stated this morning in court, and afford gas to drive nearly 1,000 miles AND live anywhere no matter where you ended up.
Unfortunately, it appears we know how they get money; robbing and killing innocent victims... They took the victims property, perhaps; they had cash and valuables that could be sold in the trailer, as well as food and supplies...

It's possible she didn't know his criminal history. I know, there I go again with the benefit of the doubt.

Seriously though, I do suspect she was likely in on it from the beginning, but without facts, evidence or a confession, it's hard to know what to think.

IIRC their neighbor knew his history (and was concerned). Soooo, it's easy to believe she was quite aware.

ETA: Info is in this report

Utah couple captured in Mexico; locals who knew them speak out

IIRC their neighbor knew his history (and was concerned). Soooo, it's easy to believe she was quite aware.

ETA: Info is in this report

Utah couple captured in Mexico; locals who knew them speak out

And the other thing I got out of that article is that the two arrestee's had left Utah in October. Who knows what other kinds of illegal acts they were up to between Logan, UT and Corpus Christi, TX. I There's a lot of land there. It's not clear where their original trailer came from.

He also was not able to legally drive so there's another reason to keep her around for a driving trip. And yes, the comment about taking the kid into Mexico as a kind of "hostage" to keep AN under his thumb makes sense to me.

Additionally from the above link:

“A background check for Williams shows he was charged with multiple felonies related to sexual assaults on a woman in Cache County and aggravated assault.”
What kind of a mother brings their child around a man; charged with multiple rape offenses, and a violent history?
She appears to lack moral values, and had no apparent maternal desire to protect her little daughter from exposure to this criminal, prior to this crime: Which makes me question her ability to protect her own daughter, and especially the victims from harm... She might also be a psychopathic criminal, or borderline personality, that enjoyed this criminal man and the dangerous adventure they were on... IMO

LE sure has their work cut out for them. I'm sure they are looking into everywhere these 2 went since leaving Utah. There may be many other victims. Not necessarily murders but robbery etc.

I've also had the thought that she did it and he was the one who had no idea. So I'm right there with you on the speculation in tangents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie