Found Deceased GA - Alexis Crawford, 21, Clark Atlanta University student, Atlanta, 30 Oct 2019 *arrest*

Sensitive information.
Roommate and boyfriend arrested in the death of missing CAU student
"The police report of the alleged incident states, Crawford, the roommate, and the roommate's boyfriend were drinking the night of the incident. Crawford stated Brantley rubbed his hands on her shoulder and kissed her neck. When she questioned him about his actions, he claimed to have thought he was touching his girlfriend.

Crawford then left to go to her room, Brantley followed after her into her room and then her bathroom. Jones, 21, told police she went to the bathroom door, and repeatedly knocked on it until her boyfriend came out. When he exited, his shirt was off and he stated he did not sleep with the victim before leaving the apartment in his girlfriend's car.

Crawford was seen lying on the bathroom floor only wearing bra. She told her roommate she had passed out and did not recall Brantley being in the bathroom with her prior to blacking out. She was taken to Grady Hospital where a rape kit was administered.

She went missing three days later."

Several articles state that Alexis was the recipient of "unwanted touching and kissing". However, she went to the hospital and reported the assault to Police.

IMO it was much worse than "unwanted touching and kissing".

How I wish she had confided in others and left that apartment. I can't imagine how scared, upset, traumatized she would have been to be staying in a place where she was assaulted. Unfortunately, I had a feeling that this was the "incident" and the reason for not speaking to the roommate.

Absolutely Brutal.

MOO

Several articles state that Alexis was the recipient of "unwanted touching and kissing". However, she went to the hospital and reported the assault to Police.

How I wish she had confided in others and left that apartment. I can't imagine how scared, upset, traumatized she would have been to be staying in a place where she was assaulted. Unfortunately, I had a feeling that this was the "incident" and the reason for not speaking to the roommate.

Absolutely Brutal.

MOO

An article up thread states she had a rape kit done at the hospital.

This is so tragic.
We’ll need to hear more but I’m guessing the BF of the roommate fed her some BS story about the sexual assault and she believed it, and blamed Alexis.
I’m sure you’re right. But even if she (Jordan) bought some bs story from her boyfriend, that’s no excuse for participating in a murder.

With the cops knowing there was already a sexual assault, what took LE so long to get results? This bf of her roommate clearly isn’t in the Mensa society. You’d think they would’ve drilled this investigation down much sooner.
The first person they should’ve investigated was this Brantley.
No doubt Brantley and Jones were the first people they investigated. But they have to have evidence for an arrest. First and foremost, they did not even know there was a murder. IMO they were questioning these 2 all along, trying to find Alexis and find out what happened. As soon as they issue an arrest, they have to read miranda rights. Once lawyers get involved, suspects quit talking. So I have no problem with the time it took. They got results.

An article up thread states she had a rape kit done at the hospital.

Agreed, but the journalism before it was weird, IMO. I'm not sure I've ever seen an article where sexual assault is described, but not referred to as such in words by the journalist in question, even with "alleged" in front of it. Calling attempted (completed?) rape "unwanted kissing and touching", sounds like chauvinistic minimizing behavior to me on the part of the journalist; as the "alleged incident", IS clearly rape from the verbal description; and not "unwanted kissing and touching". The fact that police thought it warranted a rape kit, indicates that they took the possibility seriously; so IMO that journalist is a mealy-mouthed coward for not referring to it as "alleged sexual assault" at minimum.

Absolutely Brutal.

MOO
I felt a friend of the boyfriend raped her. Why Jordyn took boyfriends side is mind boggling , I failed sharing in kindergarden. She as thrown her life away on this creep

Sensitive information.
Roommate and boyfriend arrested in the death of missing CAU student
"The police report of the alleged incident states, Crawford, the roommate, and the roommate's boyfriend were drinking the night of the incident. Crawford stated Brantley rubbed his hands on her shoulder and kissed her neck. When she questioned him about his actions, he claimed to have thought he was touching his girlfriend.

Crawford then left to go to her room, Brantley followed after her into her room and then her bathroom. Jones, 21, told police she went to the bathroom door, and repeatedly knocked on it until her boyfriend came out. When he exited, his shirt was off and he stated he did not sleep with the victim before leaving the apartment in his girlfriend's car.

Crawford was seen lying on the bathroom floor only wearing bra. She told her roommate she had passed out and did not recall Brantley being in the bathroom with her prior to blacking out. She was taken to Grady Hospital where a rape kit was administered.

She went missing three days later."

I would not be surprised if he drugged her.

ALEXIS CRAWFORD: Roommate arrested, charged in murder of Clark Atlanta student

They have both been charged with malice murder, which I'd never heard of, so I looked it up, and the explanation couldn't be more appropriate, even in legal-ese...

Georgia legal code from:

2014 Georgia Code :: Title 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES :: Chapter 5 - CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON :: Article 1 - HOMICIDE :: § 16-5-1 - Murder; malice murder; felony murder; murder in the second degree

"b) Express malice is that deliberate intention unlawfully to take the life of another human being which is manifested by external circumstances capable of proof. Malice shall be implied where no considerable provocation appears and where all the circumstances of the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart"

bbm

eta msm link

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member