MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first introduction to this case was through the Disappeared episode (where Janelle was interviewed) so I didn't really think too much of her actions until you dig a little deeper into the details. I think I mentioned it before here as well, but being the first ones to arrive at Sherrill's after they were removed from the house, Janelle and Mike could have done any number of things inside to temporarily remove any suspicion (had they been involved in some way). The fact that she mentioned the broken globe light, to begin with, makes me believe that she was being truthful - at least in the bigger scheme of things. Police didn't even need to know about that if she hadn't wanted them to.

The way the house was "found" by Janis and police, of course, leaves a lot of questions, but I don't know how much of that comes down to just pure naivety or some ulterior motive to remove evidence. Had they made beds, taken out the trash etc. then I would be more alarmed.

Last edited:
Mike, Joe and Dusty took polygraphs because Suzie’s testimony was a possible motive so there’s no way not one question referred to or addressed the graveyard incident. There wouldn’t have been any point.

Thank you! After all these posts about taking polygraphs or not and who passed and who didn't, this is the one that says it all. BTW, I don't believe in polygraphs anyway, they can be manipulated. That's the reason that they can't be used in a court (at least that's what I think are the rules in the USA, correct me if I'm wrong) and that's the reason that in this case it is not relevant if somebody passed or not. Hard evidence is needed and there isn't as far as I know. Other wise somebody would have been incarcerated by now.

Proof of these claims? If you can’t share document then tell us his employment at the time. And his lawyer in IL’s name.

Why did he have a lawyer in IL for this case? I only see Lada.

As far as I can see this isn't a claim. It is what somebody believes, based on information known to them. This still doesn't mean it's 100% impossible that Joe actually was in Springfield. But do you really think LE is that stupid that they didn't check his alibi. Everybody could be lying but why cover for a person who snitched on his friends. And why would his employer lie? You suggest that maybe there wasn't an employer, that could be but how would Irish know....why does she have to proof things?

It's hard to tell what alibi's the checked, and which ones slipped through the cracks.
They still were unable to confirm Michael Henson's alibi, THREE MONTHS into the investigation, by the top LE agencies in the area, and the FBI.
Why? Why were they unable to confirm this. Why did they mention it in the news paper? There were many other people they surely also couldn't confirm alibis on. Why did they single out Henson?

It's hard to tell what alibi's the checked, and which ones slipped through the cracks.
They still were unable to confirm Michael Henson's alibi, THREE MONTHS into the investigation, by the top LE agencies in the area, and the FBI.
Why? Why were they unable to confirm this. Why did they mention it in the news paper? There were many other people they surely also couldn't confirm alibis on. Why did they single out Henson?

Good question....but what makes you think they singled out Mike Henson..I don't see that...

One of the questions that is bothering me....Ms Kirby...when did she and Mike actually arrived at the the Streeter/Levitt house...she hadn't been there ever. Was it 7:30 or from other sources "I woke up at 9:eek:o? How on earth would you pick up a house phone.....a house you never have been to...and heard sinister talk....weird...

One of the questions that is bothering me....Ms Kirby...when did she and Mike actually arrived at the the Streeter/Levitt house...she hadn't been there ever. Was it 7:30 or from other sources "I woke up at 9:eek:o? How on earth would you pick up a house phone.....a house you never have been to...and heard sinister talk....weird...
Both of these have been beat to death.

Janelle got up around 7:30 and went over around 12:30. 7:30 time was just the first call she made. The obscene phone calls were likely prankers. There was report of similar prankers at the time. Search Hurricane’s posts for details.

There’s really nothing that suspicious about her or her boyfriend. Someone had to discover them missing. This isn’t a Breaking Bad cleanup crew.

Last edited:
No offense but why does Henson’s alibi need confirmation? I mean why stop at him?

According to the timeline on the basic info thread Janelle and Mike got to Delmar at 12:30 and she started calling at 7:30am. Some people write off the calls and it may not mean anything but what are the chances?? Asher said they were unable to trace the call-which is too bad because if I remember right Suzie has supposedly gotten prank calls the week before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of these have been beat to death.

Janelle got up around 7:30 and went over around 12:30. 7:30 time was just the first call she made. The obscene phone calls were likely prankers. There was report of similar prankers at the time. Search Hurricane’s posts for details.

There’s really nothing that suspicious about her or her boyfriend. Someone had to discover them missing. This isn’t a Breaking Bad cleanup crew.

You may not find their behaviour suspicious but other people do and that’s the point of the forum.

No offense but why does Henson’s alibi need confirmation? I mean why stop at him?

And I wonder why Cox fabricated an alibi that his girlfriend later recanted....

Not that I think Cox was directly involved, but just what the hell was he up to that weekend?? Girlfriend claims he told her to back him up, but she doesn't really know where he was or what he was doing.

It's pretty hard to overlook the fact that Janelle, in my opinion, controls 90% of the details....everything between Stacy's call to Janis at about 9pm Saturday night, until Janis contacts LE Sunday night.

Exactly!

I am fine if posters think she is legitimately innocent but don’t stop people who don’t.

I also find it suspicious that it’s Janelle’s mum who just happened to wake up gone 2am as the girls are leaving the house. It’s so convenient her mum just happens to wake up and confirm the timing of when the girls departed the house.

imo

Don’t want anyone to stop discussing their thoughts.

I just wish people would post something new about Janelle beyond initial suspicions because we’re talking in circles.

<modsnip: sleuthing social media of anyone other than victim or POI/suspect is a violation of Websleuths TOS>

Something new would be nice. MOO

People want the Teen Cleanup Crew’s alibi but are they even suspects? Cops looked into them I’m sure really early and ruled them out. Probably why they moved on to actual criminals with criminal capacity. Not dopey slurry teens who would leave evidence all over the place. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty hard to overlook the fact that Janelle, in my opinion, controls 90% of the timeline
Not really. Someone had to discover them. If it was Janis, then people would be thinking her and Stu did it. And we’d have endless threads about “where was Janis that night??”

Regarding Cox. Pretty telling that Stu and Mountjoy shot down Cox being a legit suspect.

Last edited:
The problem I have with somebody like Robert Cox is there was no forced entry into that home. Somebody they knew got them to open that door that AM and it went to hell from there.

IMO
Agree.

Someone they knew got the door open. But not someone they necessarily trusted or liked. MOO

I think the perps were already with Sherrill. Nigel claimed that Suzie never parked on the half circle. I think she drove past the occupied driveway coming from Glenstone. Not sure if I’m allowed to post this but I was told by someone close to Suzie that she only used main streets because she was bad with directions—plus she’s having Stacy follow her. So that’s why I assume she came from Glenstone.

Some people claim the makeup and underwear aspects prove that perp(s) came later and I would argue that to be a dangerous assumption.

Last edited:
Good question....but what makes you think they singled out Mike Henson..I don't see that...
Ok, I'm not sure I worded that right. I didn't really mean "Singled Out". Sorry, what I meant was that Police pointed out in a Spfld-News Leader article/update on the 3MW case, that the had not been able to confirm nor deny the alibi of a male, who was one of the first people to discover the women missing that morning. It had to be Henson, because he was with Janelle. Just didn't know why police chose to point this out in the article. Did it have any meaning? I don't know. I always figured they wouldn't have mentioned it, if it didn't matter to them.

Agree.

Someone they knew got the door open. But not someone they necessarily trusted or liked. MOO

I think the perps were already with Sherrill. Nigel claimed that Suzie never parked on the half circle. I think she drove past the occupied driveway coming from Glenstone. Not sure if I’m allowed to post this but I was told by someone close to Suzie that she only used main streets because she was bad with directions—plus she’s having Stacy follow her. So that’s why I assume she came from Glenstone.

Some people claim the makeup and underwear aspects prove that perp(s) came later and I would argue that to be a dangerous assumption.
I remember a witness to the property, I think it was one of the friends of the girls, it was reported in the Springfield News-Leader, that a friend reported the cars parked differently at some point in the morning/next day, then they were found to be parked later that day. Not sure what friend they were referring to. And not sure what that means in the big picture? You'd think it would mean multiple suspects were involved. Why were the cars moved? If they indeed were.

Would have to see the quote/proof on cars moved. Sounds very rumor-y.

Do you mean the one who described the house on Friday with all the cars there and Levitt with a man wearing a cowboy hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23