GUILTY SC - Nevaeh Lashy Adams, 5, mother found murdered, Sumter, 5 Aug 2019 *Arrest*

So terrible and so sad. I'm glad her little body has been found. Neveah is in a better place with all the other little angels. Rest in peace sweet beautiful little girl. My heart is with her father and her family. May they find peace.

OCT 23, 2019
Family of Nevaeh Adams shares journey to healing as they pack up apartment where her mother was killed
[...]

Wednesday morning, the family packed the belongings of Bradley and Nevaeh into a U-Haul.

It was the first time they had been inside the home at the Lantana Apartments since Aug. 5, when the shocking murder took place.

Just yesterday, the family received the devastating news from Sumter police that on Friday, Oct. 18 -- after weeks of intense searching -- the remains of little Nevaeh were found in a landfill.

[...]

“It was another blow all over again," Elijah Nelson, Nevaeh’s grandfather, said. “It felt like someone had just stuck me in my eye. It was painful just to hear that, but at some point we needed to hear that and we knew that this day was coming. And like I said I just thank God for bringing us through.”

[...]

Of those memories, Nevaeh’s father, Dupray Adams, found the outfit he last saw his daughter wear.

“ grabbed the clothes, kinda held it close to me to try and get a scent of her," he said. "It was very emotional when I first went upstairs.”

[...]

Her father said the family is working on funeral arrangements for Nevaeh, and it will be open to the public.

WIS will share the details of the funeral as soon as they are shared.

OCT 23, 2019
Father of slain Sumter five-year-old hopes to keep daughter's memory alive
[...]

Dupray Adams, Nevaeh’s father, says he had been looking forward to the day when he could visit his daughter’s apartment again, but he says walking inside for the first time was tough.

“I broke down when I went upstairs to her bedroom and after getting her clothes and was holding them close to me and was smelling them and stuff, so that kind of touched me a little bit, but overall I went on ahead and cleaned up everything and got her stuff together,” Adams said.

[...]

After receiving a card signed by all personnel involved in the search, Adams said he is grateful to law enforcement for going above and beyond to give his family closure.

“Just to see how many people were lined up that were involved in the search, that really touched my heart to see everybody coming together and the love that they were sharing for my daughter, trying to find her,” Adams said.

[...]

Adams says he plans on keeping his Nevaeh’s memory alive each year by having an event each year to remind people of the impact she had on others.

[...]

Adams says he plans on having a memorial service for his daughter at some point during the first two weeks of November.

Gary Burton WJTV on Twitter
3 innocent precious babies lives taken away obviously too soon. As a uncle, I can only imagine the pain these families face. THIS HAS TO STOP! #MaleahDavis #KamilleMcKinney #NeveahAdams
EHixBoEWoAA2-gL.jpg
EHixBoIWoAAMMiH.jpg
EHixBoKWkAElpgg.jpg

2:32 AM - 23 Oct 2019

OCT 23, updated OCT 24, 2019
Inside the Landfill: The search for Nevaeh Adams
[...]

Around 400 people were in some way a part of the landfill search process that helped crews find Nevaeh’s remains on Oct. 18. Crews stayed focused on their work, but that doesn’t mean the horrific details of this case were far from their hearts or minds.

[...]

From the crews sifting through the materials to DHEC officials administering the proper vaccinations for the safety of the teams, it took upwards of 40 agencies helped to make this search happen.

[...]

These crews weren’t and are still not looking for applause for their hard work. They just wanted Nevaeh’s family to know they had the support of the entire state behind them to bring their little girl home.

[...]

And when it comes to those safety suits you see crew members wearing in the search videos, SLED officials said the teams used up every available suit of that type on the east coast for this search. Working diligently for 25 days in a landfill in the South Carolina summer heat, they just wanted to bring little Nevaeh’s family some sort of peace, and give her the best chance at finding justice.

And when it comes to those safety suits you see crew members wearing in the search videos, SLED officials said the teams used up every available suit of that type on the east coast for this search. Working diligently for 25 days in a landfill in the South Carolina summer heat, they just wanted to bring little Nevaeh’s family some sort of peace, and give her the best chance at finding justice.

I have to say this was an impressive effort from several SC agencies for a missing person from a smallish town. Absolutely, I wish she could have been found sooner for her family's sake, but this was a massive undertaking. It gave me new appreciation for those who do landfill searches and I won't be quite so harsh in the future about pushing for quick landfill searches. Blessings to all those who participated in this search for beautiful Neveah.

Brian McConchie on Twitter
"I miss my baby so much"
The father of little Nevaeh Adams has set up a @ page to help pay for the girl's funeral expenses, here's how you can get involved
https://bit.ly/32XxLal
EIEx-jFWsAE9B_T.jpg

5:03 PM - 29 Oct 2019

"The tears won't stop": Family raising money for Nevaeh Adams' funeral
[...]

DAs created the page on Tuesday, writing he isn't financially prepared to handle the service.

"I miss my baby so much the tears won't stop. So now I have to get ready to send her home," writes DA. "My daughter is a princess, my angel from God and I would like her home going to resemble the princess and the angel that she is."

[...]

Adams says his daughter would have turned six-years-old earlier this week.

Thank you @PommyMommy
This little Princess Nevaeh has touched by heart from the beginning.
She and her mommy deserve to be remembered of what that community and family lost.
I intend to pay my respects to Nevaeh and follow to the end for her and her mommy's JUSTICE.
Thank you for the updates.
Oh how she and her mommy would of enjoyed Trunk or Treat this year. Thanksgiving hard for their families.
Christmas will be hard for her brothers.

OCT 30, 2019
Lawsuit: Lack of apartment security led to Nevaeh Adams' death
[...]

DA, the father and personal representative of the estate of Nevaeh Adams, filed the lawsuit on Wednesday against Lantana Apartments, LLC, which owns and operates the complex on Carolina Avenue.

[...]

The filing said the apartments "failed to follow proper policies and procedures or to provide adequate security devices on the premises in order to keep invitees safe." That included Nevaeh, whose body was found in a Richland County landfill Oct. 18 after five weeks of searching.

The estate said the apartments "failed to police, patrol, guard, deter, and otherwise provide adequate protection." The lawsuit also listed "negligent hiring, training, supervision, and retention" as a cause of action.

[...]

Wrongful Death Lawsuit 10-30 (9 pages)

OCT 30, 2019
Father of Nevaeh Adams files lawsuit against Sumter apartment complex
[...]

By failing to provide adequate security devices and management of the premises, the lawsuit claims the apartment complex created an unreasonable risk of injury to its tenants. The suit goes on to claim that Adam's death was a direct and proximate result of the apartment complex's actions or inaction.

The lawsuit seeks actual and compensatory damages "for funeral bills and other pecuniary loss, mental shock and suffering, wounded feelings, grief and sorry, loss of companionship, and deprivation of the use of the decedent's society, the loss of her experience, knowledge and judgment, and her ability to earn money for the support of her family."

The lawsuit also seeks punitive damages "sufficient to impress upon the Defendant the seriousness of its conduct and to deter similar conduct in the future" along with attorneys' fees.

[...]

Video within the article:

Father of Nevaeh Adams speaks after her remains are found: full video
Oct 22, 2019

Last edited:
If that **** head had not put her in the dumpster..... Another child thrown in the trash.
Just such dishonor and evil to put a child in a waste container. Killing her mother then Naveah. Messing up evidence so authorities may never know what all he did.
What does this represent in the killer's mind.
Why did the Freddie Kruger remove the child and leave the mother at the scene?

I would like to know did if he broke in the apartment.
Not sure how this housing unit can be liable in a wrongful death suit.
The video of the father is heart breaking. I think he is at that angry grief stage. I do not blame him. But thank Goodness he can place his daughter in the proper place by her mother after her little body was found.
Even if DNA was all he had left.
I think they are all in shock still in the aftermath of this horrible horrific murder of mommy and daughter.
I know this case haunts me.
Because this nightmare should of been locked away a long long time ago.

OCT 30, updated OCT 31, 2019
Life after Nevaeh: Father of slain 5-year-old begins recovering after tragic loss
DA's home remains filled with reminders of the precious moments he shared with his baby girl Nevaeh.

Sunday was a good day, emotionally, for him, as he rummaged through some of her things.

4248302b-bb13-4510-bc5f-dd894b387068_750x422.jpg

"This was some of Nevaeh's toys," he said, while removing a pink princess car and karaoke set from a plastic container in his living room.

b85ab5ec-5f46-4287-aa8e-38b896e61c6b_750x422.jpg

[...]

"When I went upstairs to her room and...was taking down her bunk bed... picking up her clothes, I actually picked up a few items and I just held them close to me," he said, tearing up. "I just held them and smelled them and I held them (breathes deeply)."

The scent of her clothes bring him back to happier times.

"She was not a crier. She played a lot. Very curious as a, as a, you know, baby. She couldn't walk, but she would crawl around curious looking at stuff, and when she would look up at me and I'd look at her (long pause), (holds chest), she know she safe," he said.

[...]

With his eyes swelling from tears, he began to describe their lives without her.

[...]

He never thought their moments together would come to an end so soon, but on August 5 his life changed forever.

[...]

"I was praying that it wasn't true, that it wasn't true that she's lost," he said. "I was praying that somebody had actually had her and was holding her until I got there."

[...]

"Once they got me, they came and got me and told me that they found her. That was a weight lifted off my shoulders," he said.

9d5533c4-0022-4693-bea6-3e64ad75f19c_750x422.jpg

[...]

"I think the Lord has shown me, what had happened in those last moments and that brought me peace," he said, "because now I know where she's at; I know that she sits with the Father."

A memorial service for Nevaeh will be held at the Jehovah Missionary Baptist Church in Sumter on Saturday, November 9 at 11 a.m. The public is invited to attend.

[...]

NOV 8, 2019
NEVAEH ADAMS

20191107-171319-1108_AdamsNevaehOBI_74723.jpg

Memorial services for Nevaeh Adams will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday at Canty Memorial Church of God in Christ, 873 Woodcrest St., Sumter, with Elder Eugene Canty Jr., pastor.

Nevaeh Imani Adams was born on Oct. 28, 2013, in Sumter, a daughter of Dupray A. Adams and the late Sharee Michelle Bradley.

Nevaeh departed her earthly life on Monday, Aug. 5, 2019.

[...]
t70093.gif

Jenna Cisneros on Twitter
HAPPENING NOW: A celebration of life for 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams. After an extensive five week search sifting through trash at the Richland County landfill, on Oct. 18 police said the remains of Adams had been found. Today this community properly says goodbye. @wis10
EI8Wt9_WsAAHTyH.jpg
EI8Wt9_XsAAZZbj.jpg
EI8Wt-DWsAAq04Z.jpg
EI8Wt-CXsAABeSb.jpg

11:03 AM - 9 Nov 2019

NOV 9, 2019
Community comes together as 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams is laid to rest
The Sumter community filled the Canty Memorial Church of God in Christ as 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams was laid to rest.

[...]

“This is the hardest thing I had to do, and I tossed and I turned in my bed all night long. Dreading this day right here,” Nevaeh’s grandfather said.

[...]

“The past several months have been very challenging and stressful for the entire city. I wish I could do something that could turn back the heads of time and make all the unpleasant things go away,” Deacon Stanley Barrett, from Trinity Missionary Baptist Church, said.

Brian McConchie on Twitter
"I miss my baby so much"
The father of little Nevaeh Adams has set up a @******** page to help pay for the girl's funeral expenses, here's how you can get involved
https://bit.ly/32XxLal
EIEx-jFWsAE9B_T.jpg

5:03 PM - 29 Oct 2019

"The tears won't stop": Family raising money for Nevaeh Adams' funeral
[...]

DAs created the page on Tuesday, writing he isn't financially prepared to handle the service.

"I miss my baby so much the tears won't stop. So now I have to get ready to send her home," writes DA. "My daughter is a princess, my angel from God and I would like her home going to resemble the princess and the angel that she is."

[...]

Adams says his daughter would have turned six-years-old earlier this week.

Anyone know why her funeral was deactivated? It raised about half its target within a couple of days and then taken down

NOV 10, 2019
Memorial held to celebrate life of 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams
[…]

A memorial was held at the Canty Memorial Church of God in Christ in Sumter. That’s where family, friends and community members came together to honor her life.

[…]

At the service, speakers mentioned her loving spirit, fun personality and smile.

Family, meanwhile, asked for prayers to help them to heal.

“It’s when, I will say, the fanfare, when it’s over. In the middle of the night, in the stillness of your mind is when you’ll need strength and courage…. it’s when this family is going to need you all the most,” one speaker said. “To pray for them, to lift them up, to keep them encouraged.”

[…]

NOV 10, 2019
Sumter community says goodbye as 5-year-old Nevaeh Adams is laid to rest
[…]

“This is the hardest thing I had to do, and I tossed and I turned in my bed all night long. Dreading this day right here,” Elijah Nelson, Nevaeh’s grandfather said.

[…]

“I saw a glimpse of what could be accomplished when a community comes together as one when I went to the landfill and I saw people from all walks of life and different backgrounds working together in harmony for a common goal,” Garryl Deas a family friend and attorney said. “Nevaeh’s mother Sharee Bradley, may she sleep in peace. [She] knew exactly what she was doing when she came up with her little angel’s name, Neveah, which is ‘Heaven’ spelled backward.”

[…]

Nevaeh’s family desperately held out hope that she was alive. The discovery of finding her remains in the landfill last month brought both heartache and closure to her family, along with the 400 volunteers who tirelessly searched for her.

The family said knowing Nevaeh was found, brings them a little closer to healing.

“We are seeing many crying nights, many crying moments. But we thank god that we’re still here,” Nelson said. “We still have our health and strength, and we hope he will save a space for us close to our loved ones.”

[…]
Anyone know why her funeral *** was deactivated? It raised about half its target within a couple of days and then taken down
Many times, especially in the case of a child, funeral homes will provide services for free. I don't know if that's what happened here but it's one possibility. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back