CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a dentist. It's reasonably common for people to keep their teeth after having an extraction-close to 100% for kids, (tooth fairy!), and probably 20% of adults do. Yes, especially if they contain gold work. When I was a dental student, we had to source our own teeth to learn tooth anatomy, so we all put calls out to friends and family. I had a good haul, over a hundred teeth, within a few months.

Last week, an elderly retired man asked for the fragments of his badly fractured tooth after extraction. (It was fractured before I started, promise!) I asked him what he would do with them, and he said he would sew them into a tapestry. (With wool, textured apparently!)

BBM

Good Lord. That's just creepy.

I had a neighbor who was killed in a car accident and her daughter got pieces of the wreck and made a shadow box with them. I s**t you not.

I get the sense it was his back up plan to pin it on her - not his primary plan - which was to make it somehow look like CB took off and killed herself? Or just disappeared. Either way, he has failed spectacularly.

it was a crazy way to kill her if you are thinking clinically - I am wondering if he ever fantasized about beating someone to death. It is such a gruesome, difficult, and messy way to do it - that I can only think he must have been excited by the sick idea of it. There are zero benefits to him otherwise that I can see to choose that method, and we know it wasn’t spur of the moment - picking up the first thing you see kind of rage. :(. Feel terrible/dark to even discuss this but I am trying to make sense of it.

He enjoys brutality. Look how he treated animals. Someone said he baseball bats on his cattle. He had a penchant for battering others.

She has a plea agreement ...if she does certain things AND pleads guilty, the sentence will not exceed 3 years.

Her trial date is later in Dec., after PF trial.

I suspect she will cancel or not renew her RN license. If she's is inactive with the Board of Medicine, they will not put the charge on her record.

MHO...

TELLER COUNTY, Colo. — Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, 32, of Idaho, pleaded guilty Friday morning to one count of tampering with physical evidence in connection to the case of missing Woodland Park mom Kelsey Berreth, 29.

Kenney will face her sentence after Frazee's trial and is not allowed to talk to media.

Idaho woman pleads guilty to charge in Kelsey Berreth case

Snipped... I think he was going to try and set up Krystal for this. After all, she came down after Thanksgiving to do the clean up. It makes you wonder if he told his lawyers that Krystal did it, as that is where the defense plans on going with this- that Patrick is innocent, that Krystal came and killed her, and without Kelsey's body, they're going to say there's no proof that Patrick killed her.

Even Krystal admitted that Patrick wanted her to take Kelsey's body with her back to Idaho.

He no doubt tried to shove blame onto KK in talks with his attorneys, but as more and more evidence began rolling in, they knew he killed KB.

Combine all of the factual evidence with testimony from a boatload of witnesses — the defense has to be creative. I suppose that’s why they threw out accusations that had no basis in fact.

It’s their job to defend him, but everything he has done is making that difficult. Thank goodness.

MOO

Two things would have to be true:

That he can implicate KK further, and in violation of her deal. This appears unlikely at best.

Secondly, he’d have to be willing to testify in the first place, which is contrary to how he’s handled everything thus far.

I’ve also never seen a murderer actually do that (sacrifice himself for spite). I think this is wishful thinking.

No, I don't think he'd sacrifice himself. I said, if at any point he becomes convinced he's going down (wises the f up), he could testify out of spite. I mean get up there and lie, claiming it was all KK's idea or some such. If he thinks he going away for decades, he's got nothing to lose by going out getting back at her.

I totally agree with the bolded. It is a vicious and crazy way to kill someone. Most people who decide to kill a loved one, over money etc, at least try and make it quick and painless and less messy.

He chose the worst possible method on all those fronts. So why did he choose a bat? Did he have a lot of rage and resentment towards her? It seems like he must have, to be able to do such a violent act. Who does that ? :eek:

He enjoys inflicting pain. His primary emotion is rage.

Well, thanks for repeating what I said in my post you quoted. So, we're in agreement on all that. As for the possibility of the other thing - have you not read the poster here who seems to see KK as the guiltier party, in spite of the evidence? Yeah, I think anything is possible because humans.
Well, regarding, those "types" your talking about, I'm confident DA May weeded them out :) AND, If they can't come to the "logical" conclusion with this mountain of evidence before them, they need to be in therapy with KK!

I am a dentist. It's reasonably common for people to keep their teeth after having an extraction-close to 100% for kids, (tooth fairy!), and probably 20% of adults do. Yes, especially if they contain gold work. When I was a dental student, we had to source our own teeth to learn tooth anatomy, so we all put calls out to friends and family. I had a good haul, over a hundred teeth, within a few months.

Last week, an elderly retired man asked for the fragments of his badly fractured tooth after extraction. (It was fractured before I started, promise!) I asked him what he would do with them, and he said he would sew them into a tapestry. (With wool, textured apparently!)
That's an odd thing to do with one's extracted tooth :eek::eek:

Maybe the teeth in the envelope were PF's extracted wisdom teeth.... and he was holding on to them for dear life since they apparently were the only contents in his head with any wisdom. Will be interesting if we hear any follow up on the teeth.

He enjoys brutality. Look how he treated animals. Someone said he baseball bats on his cattle. He had a penchant for battering others.
Absolutely! PF's childhood has some very dark
happenings. Much trauma in his past growing up. Some psychological trauma plus physical trauma. Very neglectful but also punishing.
Can't tell you who did what, TOS, but it's there
just like in many other cases where young men
do these crimes, especially, against young women.
And remember these children growing up
'learned what they lived".

I wish. But I don't think they are going to find any DNA. I hope so, but IIRC, they only get DNA at the roots, and this is supposedly a part of a tooth. But who knows?

ETA: Looks like I am wrong--just saw article posted below by enelram....hope I am wrong...

i thought the same. i also had the thought after the DA said that the issue of testing the item was not as important anymore that maybe they recovered fragments of bone. maybe not. but i do think that for the DA to say it was not as important possibly meant they had something else. MOO.

bbm I was just thinking the exact same thing. He told (bragged to) her exactly where he disposed of KB too I'm certain. (moo)

IMO if he told her where the body was I wonder why she hasn't told LE where it was disposed of. She gave a blow by blow account of her version of the murder but leaves out the most important fact? KK gives LE vague information, like he could have disposed of Kelsey here or maybe there. She gave such a detailed description of the other events, some of which she did not witness, why not where Kelsey's remains ended up?

Some of these questions in quotes have been answered, but I already typed them up - so left them.... :)

Artis said:
I don't know how you guys follow all of these cases. Just keeping up with this one - and skipping the occasional 60 pages + videos over five minutes - this is the only site I've had time to read in a few days.

What I do when there is ONLY discussions going on (no tweets from trial) - I skip every other page.... and still it takes about 2 hours to get thru it all! LOL!

LaborDayRN said:
Does anyone know KK's (KL's) middle name? If it's Jean and she's licenced in Idaho, she currently shows as having an unencumbured licence on the national nurse registry search. :( Hopefully that will change soon!

Yes, her middle name is Jean.

Artis said:
Who is this in CT that you guys are talking about?

In Connecticut - Fotus Dolus - link:
Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #31

Simply Southern said:
She has a plea agreement ...if she does certain things AND pleads guilty, the sentence will not exceed 3 years.

Her trial date is later in Dec., after PF trial

Actually it is not a "trial" date - from my notes:

Review hearing on 12/2. That will NOT be a sentencing date. Assuming the trial is complete, she will report to probation on that day with sentencing scheduled for 8 weeks after that. Judge Sells says if the trial is delayed, he plans to just delay that review hearing as needed.

Taking a look at some numbers...

Wasn't there an update to the number of witnesses left to testify or is this Nov 6 article the latest report about that? For some reason, 60 or 65 is stuck in my head.

NOV 6, 2019 - Frazee trial: Kenney testifies, details their relationship
As the court headed into morning recess, Judge Sells said he is expecting up to 80 other witnesses to testify.

NOV 8 - Prosecutors attempt to corroborate witness in Patrick Frazee trial
More than 30 witnesses have been called in case in first two weeks

Counting down until Nov 22:
  • Next week, 4 days of testimony
  • The following week, 5 days including the 22nd (a Friday)
Just pondering here. :oops: MOO

I’ll take this as an excellent opportunity to clarify:)

While I have days I’m “kinder” than others, according to my kids, my opinion of KK is actually my clinical assessment based on my expertise. Not based on kindness.

It takes two to tango. Patrick danced with intention to murder Kelsey and needed a puppet. KK danced along, going deeper and deeper into murky waters, kept dancing and realized she’s drowning in quicksand.

KK will get her punishment, and I believe she will never do what she did again. Patrick would.
I couldn’t agree with you more ...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members