Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it isn’t clear if AB was forced into her own vehicle or not?
True. But it seems she was seriously injured in her own car, based on the blood evidence found in her car. So, what scenario would involve her being forced into someone else’s car and then transferred back to her own car? Just seems like connecting the dots would lead more toward her being forced into her own car.

True. But it seems she was seriously injured in her own car, based on the blood evidence found in her car. So, what scenario would involve her being forced into someone else’s car and then transferred back to her own car? Just seems like connecting the dots would lead more toward her being forced into her own car.
True.

As for the blood, perhaps this has already been mentioned - it’s also possible that the blood evidence is indicative of not only a large amount of blood, but also a certain type of trajectory, spatter, or pool, as well as other evidence such as bone fragments or tissue.

“Lee County authorities say that blood evidence found on the passenger’s side of the Aniah Blanchard’s car is indicative of a person suffering from a life-threatening injury. The blood evidence was submitted to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences and it was confirmed to be the blood of Blanchard.”

Report: Amount of Blood Found in Blanchard's Car Indicates She Suffered Life-Threatening Injury - Alabama News
My thoughts and questions in this.
1. The blood loss occurred in auburn and he didn’t drive with her in vehicle to Montgomery.

2. The blood loss occurred in Montgomery or en route.

My questions.
Why would he drive with either someone being forced to ride with him or that amount of blood all the way to Montgomery? Why not ditch the car in Auburn? Why not leave it in the woods or forest?

I know he ran (if I remember right) from LE before and rammed there vehicles to avoid being stopped. Did he just think he could do that again? I agree he’s not bright, but still, I would think get rid of car right away. Why drive to Montgomery with it.

Thoughts...
1. Maybe because he did go “rogue” or further than what he was supposed to and his partners in crime left him.
2. Maybe he’s just dumb
3. Maybe he had other plans for the vehicle?
Did he commit other crimes with it?

Has there been any speculation as to what he was doing in Auburn that night? Could he had been there for another/additional reason other than specifically for an abduction?

Also, are there any details as to how he chose his last kidnapping victim? Something which points to a pattern or MO?
I wish we knew. I would speculate it was prostitution before. I’m not sure if he was acting as the pimp or not. But it did take place at a hotel.

I would like to know if he was at skybar or southeastern earlier that night. I still want to know if that was a guess and where she might go on a Wednesday night. It doesn’t look to me like she went there at all. But I do wonder if he has a “connection” there.

Question..why would they not know if anyone else was in the car at this point? If they took DNA from the car you would think that any other accomplices that helped from the time she was kidnapped until she was taken from the car after the attack, would have their dna in there as well ...and they probably been in and out of jail for violent crime too so wouldn't they be in the DNA database as well?

Last edited:
My thoughts and questions in this.
1. The blood loss occurred in auburn and he didn’t drive with her in vehicle to Montgomery.

2. The blood loss occurred in Montgomery or en route.

My questions.
Why would he drive with either someone being forced to ride with him or that amount of blood all the way to Montgomery? Why not ditch the car in Auburn? Why not leave it in the woods or forest?

I know he ran (if I remember right) from LE before and rammed there vehicles to avoid being stopped. Did he just think he could do that again? I agree he’s not bright, but still, I would think get rid of car right away. Why drive to Montgomery with it.

Thoughts...
1. Maybe because he did go “rogue” or further than what he was supposed to and his partners in crime left him.
2. Maybe he’s just dumb
3. Maybe he had other plans for the vehicle?
Did he commit other crimes with it?

He was arrested in Macon County while driving erratically with the victim of a robbery who was beaten near to death in another case. I think he went straight to I85 towards Montgomery with her in the vehicle.

Beat her and wrecked along the way. Put her somewhere and then dumped the vehicle.

He’s always robbed and kidnapped with other perps in at least two other cases. I don’t think he acted alone.

JCATJRA said:
snipped by me....

I’m going to read up on all of his past criminal history (articles, at least). I wish I knew how to acquire public records related to all of it for raw facts.

Here's what I've come up with so far:

He was free on a $295K bond on charges of kidnapping, attempted murder, robbery & possession of marijuana in connection to the beating of two men in a Montgomery hotel in January, 2019. A warrant was issued Thursday (11/7/19) for Yazeed’s arrest on a charge of failure to appear in the previous Montgomery case. His $295K bond on those charges was revoked.

His criminal record dated to 2011 when Yazeed was charged with 2 counts of robbery after a man was robbed of more than $2,000, a cell phone and a Gucci watch.

In April, 2011 when he was charged with two counts of first-degree robbery. Yazeed & three other unnamed co-defendants, robbed two men at gunpoint of about $2,700 in cash, two wallets, a $50 money order & a cellphone at the Good Night Inn on West South Boulevard.

In January, 2012, he was accused of ramming his vehicle into a Montgomery police car at a Chevron station & charged with 2 counts of attempted murder of a police officer. He was fleeing from the two Montgomery officers at the time & plowed into the squad car as the officers exited their vehicle in an attempt to kill the officers. Those charges were ultimately dismissed at separate grand juries.

In September 2013, Yazeed was charged with possession of a pistol without a permit & first-degree possession of marijuana. According to the arrest affidavits, Yazeed was found “hanging over the entrance gate” to the Blount Mansion on Taylor Road. The officer then conducted a search of his vehicle after smelling marijuana and discovered a bag of the substance under the driver’s seat along with a pistol.

In 2015, Yazeed also previously pleaded guilty to felony drug possession & received a 13-month suspended sentence. Yazeed was indicted on all the September 2013 charges, and he pleaded guilty to them in 2015.

In July 2017, Yazeed was arrested Cass County sheriff’s deputies in Missouri on an arrest warrant for aggravated battery on a law enforcement officer.
Yazeed remained in the Johnson County Jail until his trial in February 2018. He was found guilty of fleeing a law enforcement official and possession of marijuana but found not guilty of the aggravated assault and battery charges.
A judge in March 2018 sentenced Yazeed to serve 16 months in jail. He was released from the Johnson County Jail six days later, earning credit for the approximately eight months he waited in jail for a resolution to the cases.

IMHO we have been shown by documents A vehicle. We don’t know which one yet.
Yes!!! That’s what I was saying. I thought I was the one missing something when reading all the news sources with the “[her]” & all that... I bet I’ve read that affidavit 50 times trying to make myself see what I thought I was missing lol those were the two main things that I’ve seen reported from the affidavit that I don’t actually see in the affidavit...what vehicle she was forced into & where the witness saw her being forced in the vehicle. I feel like those are important distinctions to make, too.

Yes!!! That’s what I was saying. I thought I was the one missing something when reading all the news sources with the “[her]” & all that... I bet I’ve read that affidavit 50 times trying to make myself see what I thought I was missing lol those were the two main things that I’ve seen reported from the affidavit that I don’t actually see in the affidavit...what vehicle she was forced into & where the witness saw her being forced in the vehicle. I feel like those are important distinctions to make, too.

Another member mentioned that ABs blood was found in her own vehicle. I think the nature of the affidavit was for brevity in regards to the details.

She was almost certainly forced into her own vehicle imo.

IY was apprehended during the perpetration of another kidnapping in Macon County which borders both Montgomery and Auburn. He was active in the whole area. Who knows what he hasn’t been caught for?

Does anyone know where he was pulled over with the 77 year old in the car? Maybe they thought he was dead, or near death and were on the way to dump him when they were pulled over.

Hey any locals in the Auburn area, could you confirm which Chevron AB was abducted from? I have been looking to see which on and only speculate its the one on College thats right next to the hotel and almost across from where the intersection of College/Shug Jordan. Could any of you confirm for me? I'm originally from Opelika and know the area from when I grew up around there. Much has changed to AU's surroundings here latelty. Thanks.

Does anyone know where he was pulled over with the 77 year old in thr car? Maybe they thought he was dead, or near death and were on the way to dump him when they were pulled over.
Macon County which is adjacent and sort of in between both Auburn and Montgomery. Google Macon County Alabama for a visual.

Auburn is north and Montgomery is West of Macon County.

Not certain of the exact location. Perhaps an article mentions it somewhere or public records.

Does anyone know where he was pulled over with the 77 year old in the car? Maybe they thought he was dead, or near death and were on the way to dump him when they were pulled over.
Well they said Macon county in the articles. This would mean he was probably on one of the 2 lane hwys out there in the county. In that area its mostly woods, small farms, churches and houses that are miles apart from another house. Very quiet out there and cell reception is very spotty. Ive driven those roads for years when I worked for my dad. I use to hate having to go out there because the drive was so boring.

Well they said Macon county in the articles. This would mean he was probably on one of the 2 lane hwys out there. In that area its mostly woods, small farms, churches and houses that are miles apart from another house. Very quiet out there and Im sure cell reception is very spotty.
An article I read said on an interstate. It may have mentioned the interstate by name but I don’t recall. It shouldn’t be hard to figure out at least the route that it was on.

Another member mentioned that ABs blood was found in her own vehicle. I think the nature of the affidavit was for brevity in regards to the details.

She was almost certainly forced into her own vehicle imo.
You’re right about that! That’s what I think happened as well due to the blood being found there. All these articles are quoting the affidavit & my main point was some of the things that are being quoted aren’t actually what it says. The main thing was her being forced into whatever vehicle at the gas station. That location is what is what I’m kinda stuck on for whatever reason...the only way that makes sense imo is if the witness was the gas station clerk. Even then, it would be on surveillance. One would think, at least based on the location of cameras.

Well they said Macon county in the articles. This would mean he was probably on one of the 2 lane hwys out there. In that area its mostly woods, small farms, churches and houses that are miles apart from another house. Very quiet out there and Im sure cell reception is very spotty.

I'm local to Auburn/ Opelika so I'm familiar with the general area. If we knew the exact location, we could get an idea if where he was going with the man.

Article referring to a separate case involving IY.

When (removed) and Yazeed were arrested, SBI Capt. Joe Herman said last month that the bureau got involved when the Macon County Sheriff's Office received a tip of a car driving erratically down the interstate.

"Macon County deputies made contact with the driver and then inside the vehicle was a 77-year-old white male that had been severely beaten," Herman said. "Their investigation determined that the male had been beaten, robbed and abducted from his vehicle in Montgomery."

Macon County investigators contacted the SBI, which Herman said partnered with MPD to apprehend (removed) and Yazeed.

Herman said that it appeared to have been a "planned, targeted attack."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member