Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they didn't have DNA from the car, which I am now leaning towards.. WHY didnt they?? It had to be there... I mean, this guy wasn't bright so I doubt he didn't leave his trace... So why or how couldnt they have found it... And then why wouldn't they have ran it through the database and gotten his name sooner?

I agree the DNA part is puzzling. It really seems he was not identified until much later in the investigation and not until they released his picture.

DNA aside, what is more puzzling is LE must not have found any fingerprints. I can't believe he was smart enough to wear gloves, but I suppose that could be the case. If he didn't wear gloves, his prints would have been all over the place, and LE would have known who he was right away after processing the car. We aren't sure if his DNA is in the database, but we do know his fingerprints would have been due to all of his many prior arrests. Yet again, it seems LE didn't identify him until after his photo was released.

I'm awaiting further details to clarify some of these points. It will be interesting to see the DA's evidence list when the time comes.

I agree the DNA part is puzzling. It really seems he was not identified until much later in the investigation and not until they released his picture.

DNA aside, what is more puzzling is LE must not have found any fingerprints. I can't believe he was smart enough to wear gloves, but I suppose that could be the case. If he didn't wear gloves, his prints would have been all over the place, and LE would have known who he was right away after processing the car. We aren't sure if his DNA is in the database, but we do know his fingerprints would have been due to all of his many prior arrests. Yet again, it seems LE didn't identify him until after his photo was released.

I'm awaiting further details to clarify some of these points. It will be interesting to see the DA's evidence list when the time comes.
I doubt the guy rolled with gloves in his pocket just in case he got a wild hair to be violent... I truly can't figure out how they wouldn't have found prints and dna for him and if they didn't, I can't think of a reason why they didn't. Unless they had prints and dna but he just wasn't in the system to match.. in which case, that's a huge problem. I realize dna testing has only now recently became so abundant because of at home test like ancestry, but we need to get up to speed with the usefulness of it across the board when it comes to this situations. I just can't understand why it wasn't a powerful tool that it should have been from the LE..unless it just wasn't there (which I can't see a situation where is wouldn't be)... Imagine a world where dna testing was such a normal thing that you couldn't hardly commit a violent crime without know who did it... Because I would guess most feel like they won't be caught... But if they knew that if they did something unimaginable, there was a chance they left a trace and if they did, they would be linked to the crime... They could wear gloves and be careful enough to not leave there easyto get dna.. but a hair on a seat or something as small as that could get them caught.. it's take alot of guesswork and make the investigation go MUCH faster

My thoughts and questions in this.
1. The blood loss occurred in auburn and he didn’t drive with her in vehicle to Montgomery.

2. The blood loss occurred in Montgomery or en route.

My questions.
Why would he drive with either someone being forced to ride with him or that amount of blood all the way to Montgomery? Why not ditch the car in Auburn?
Why not leave it in the woods or forest?

I know he ran (if I remember right) from LE before and rammed there vehicles to avoid being stopped. Did he just think he could do that again? I agree he’s not bright, but still, I would think get rid of car right away. Why drive to Montgomery with it.

Thoughts...
1. Maybe because he did go “rogue” or further than what he was supposed to and his partners in crime left him.
2. Maybe he’s just dumb
3. Maybe he had other plans for the vehicle?
Did he commit other crimes with it?

Bolded by me. The most obvious reason he dumped the car in Montgomery is that he needed to get back home. Could it be that simple?

Not to mention if my previous reply to you were to be the case, you now wouldn't have as many violent informants back on the streets on bond because of their info... Because they would already no enough without the info and making a deal with guy like this

I don’t know. If he did leave any DNA they simply didn’t find it.

It’s also possible that they do have hair strands or clothing fibers etc, but could not match them to him until he was in custody.

It’s just terribly hard and speculative to say.

I hope they find AB soon and can pin more tangible evidence, such as dna, on him afterwards.

It’s certainly a confusing case which leaves many many questions.

I just hope LE has a ton of information that the public isn’t privy to.
They should have been able to pin it on him without having him in custody... He should have been in their database from previous convictions and could have know his name before they ever saw his face... Why would they not be able to match him until he was in custody if they did find his DNA? Unless he wasn't in the system? And if he wasnt, WHY WASNT HE?

Bolded by me. The most obvious reason he dumped the car in Montgomery is that he needed to get back home. Could it be that simple?
Yeah, but how did he get there? I doubt he took a bus. Someone had to have been with him or dropped him off or near the curb store. I feel they were there or less turned a blind eye to the situatin and didn't want to get involved.

I was already searching about how the FBI would process dna from cases they are working with local LE on. I wanted to figure out why the dna was processed locally and fbi uses local labs or not. (I still don’t know that answer)

@peppertheyorkiepoo i meant to include your quote. Sorry. Thank you.

So I'm confused why it matters where the dna dna processed or if FBI or LE processed would matter... The datebase wouldn't include only dna from convictions in their state... And if it did, why couldnt states cross match databases for results?

I doubt the guy rolled with gloves in his pocket just in case he got a wild hair to be violent... I truly can't figure out how they wouldn't have found prints and dna for him and if they didn't, I can't think of a reason why they didn't. Unless they had prints and dna but he just wasn't in the system to match.. in which case, that's a huge problem. I realize dna testing has only now recently became so abundant because of at home test like ancestry, but we need to get up to speed with the usefulness of it across the board when it comes to this situations. I just can't understand why it wasn't a powerful tool that it should have been from the LE..unless it just wasn't there (which I can't see a situation where is wouldn't be)... Imagine a world where dna testing was such a normal thing that you couldn't hardly commit a violent crime without know who did it... Because I would guess most feel like they won't be caught... But if they knew that if they did something unimaginable, there was a chance they left a trace and if they did, they would be linked to the crime... They could wear gloves and be careful enough to not leave there easyto get dna.. but a hair on a seat or something as small as that could get them caught.. it's take alot of guesswork and make the investigation go MUCH faster

Collecting and storing DNA is a tricky thing because there is a fine line between the right to privacy and protecting the general population criminally speaking. I know it varies from state to state as to what can be collected and stored and for what purpose. Then you look at things like the tens of thousands of untested rape kits backlogged out there, so it's not a black or white situation.

Again DNA aside, the bigger question with IY in AB's car is the lack of fingerprints. We know those are in the system because he has been arrested so many times. The fact they were not able to identify him through fingerprints is puzzling because, like you, I don't believe he was walking around with gloves, or smart enough to think of it. IY seems unpredictable and not the seasoned criminal who thinks about leaving fingerprints behind. This whole crime was sloppy from start to finish. Even him taking her at the gas station, which everyone knows is usually filled with cameras, was messy and not thought out.

I think there was a second car and driver. He had to get to the curb store somehow. I think he acted alone in killing her, but someone was at that curb store with him( as driver of second car) They have probably done this many times. They were not expecting a tiny little lady fighting back. I think she fought hard
The only thing I can think of outside of that is he may have been on foot at the Chevron and actually at the next door hotel. Perhaps he forced her in her car and fled the scene while calling his partners to meet him in another place in Auburn. Injured her on the way and put her in the partners vehicle. Takes the car back towards I-85, passing the store where it got pinged , and drove back to that apartment in Montgomery.

Just my wild thoughts.

I really wonder if he was out at the next door motel might play a part in why he was at that Chevron. He seems to like those two kinds of places.

Last edited:
Collecting and storing DNA is a tricky thing because there is a fine line between the right to privacy and protecting the general population criminally speaking. I know it varies from state to state as to what can be collected and stored and for what purpose. Then you look at things like the tens of thousands of untested rape kits backlogged out there, so it's not a black or white situation.

Again DNA aside, the bigger question with IY in AB's car is the lack of fingerprints. We know those are in the system because he has been arrested so many times. The fact they were not able to identify him through fingerprints is puzzling because, like you, I don't believe he was walking around with gloves, or smart enough to think of it. IY seems unpredictable and not the seasoned criminal who thinks about leaving fingerprints behind. This whole crime was sloppy from start to finish. Even him taking her at the gas station, which everyone knows is usually filled with cameras, was messy and not thought out.
The laws need to change. If a convicted felon has their dna in any datebase, it should be able to be used for any purpose in regards to LE and FBI.

Maybe his DNA and prints aren’t in/on the car because he wasn’t the one who forced her into it or harmed her in it. If the “witness” is actually an accomplice, they could simply be lying. Maybe he just drove the other car to/from the Chevron. I’ll look back through articles, but I really did think they said they had him on video leaving in the silver/white car.

Have they ever officially said that she was abducted at the Chevron? That just feels so sloppy to me, and something about the timeline seems off but I can’t figure out what it is. Why not follow her home and attack her in a secluded apartment parking lot?

Maybe his DNA and prints aren’t in/on the car because he wasn’t the one who forced her into it or harmed her in it. If the “witness” is actually an accomplice, they could simply be lying. Maybe he just drove the other car to/from the Chevron. I’ll look back through articles, but I really did think they said they had him on video leaving in the silver/white car.

Have they ever officially said that she was abducted at the Chevron? That just feels so sloppy to me, and something about the timeline seems off but I can’t figure out what it is. Why not follow her home and attack her in a secluded apartment parking lot?
Exactly why the DNA/prints are so critical... Because I would be willing to bet that the person who harmed her had dna/prints left close enough to hers to find it..and when they did, it wouldn't be speculation on who was the one who harmed her and it wouldn't be a situation where a witness could be covering their *advertiser censored*...

I have to say I am a bit confused. Still reading but sharing in case someone else wants to join in. Looking at the faq’s on CODIS from The FBI leads me to believe that dna from an ARREST can be stored. There is also a national governing law that must be followed in order to be an approved lab to use the CODIS system.
CODIS and NDIS Fact Sheet | Federal Bureau of Investigation

The DNA Identification Act of 1994 (42 U.S.C. §14132) authorized the establishment of this National DNA Index. The DNA Act specifies the categories of data that may be maintained in NDIS (convicted offenders, arrestees, legal, detainees, forensic [casework], unidentified human remains, missing persons, and relatives of missing persons) as well as requirements for participating laboratories relating to quality assurance, privacy, and expungement.

From my quote:
ADFS maintains the state of Alabama’s DNA Databank laboratory in Birmingham. The DNA Databank laboratory is responsible for the collection, storage, and analysis of biological samples recovered from individuals arrestedand/or convicted of all felonies and certain misdemeanors, as specified in the Code of Alabama 1975 § 36-18-20 and1975 § 15-20A-5 et seq.
Looks like dna is taken upon arrest and convicted/or arrested. I think that means must be convicted?

ADFS maintains the state of Alabama’s DNA Databank laboratory in Birmingham. The DNA Databank laboratory is responsible for the collection, storage, and analysis of biological samples recovered from individuals arrestedand/or convicted of all felonies and certain misdemeanors, as specified in the Code of Alabama 1975 § 36-18-20 and1975 § 15-20A-5 et seq

Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences

eta:: clarified
So, I’m not sure if I’m reading wrong or provided the wrong info in re: to the ADFS. But these two don’t sound the same to me.

anyone know?

The only thing I can think of outside of that is he may have been on foot at the Chevron and actually at the next door hotel. Perhaps he forced her in her car and fled the season while calling his partners to meet him in another place in Auburn. Injured her on the way and put her in the partners vehicle. Takes the car back towards I-85, passing the store where it got pinged , and drove back to that apartment in Montgomery.

Just my wild thoughts.

I really wonder if he was out at the next door motel might play a part in why he was at that Chevron. He seems to like those two kinds of places.
I did not know there is a hotel next door. If he was outside of hotel he could have seen her pull up I just don't know. I was reading earlier on MSM, he has been charged with kidnapping. He may not be talking because he is not smart enough to realize they are bidding thier time to ad murder.

From the FBI, CODIS information. If a lab is a certified CODIS lab they must agree to National Laws.
CODIS and NDIS Fact Sheet | Federal Bureau of Investigation
States seeking to participate in NDIS sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the FBI Laboratory documenting their agreement to abide by the DNA Identification Act requirements as well as record-keeping and other operational procedures governing the uploading of DNA data, expungements, CODIS users, audits, etc.

I did not know there is a hotel next door. If he was outside of hotel he could have seen her pull up I just don't know. I was reading earlier on MSM, he has been charged with kidnapping. He may not be talking because he is not smart enough to realize they are bidding thier time to ad murder.
If his behavior at the extradition hearing is any indication, he’s talking.

Not sure if this current search is related to this case, but posting here for reference.

Demopolis Police Department
The Demopolis Police Department is currently assisting the FBI and out of state agencies in the search of a missing person in and around the Demopolis area. We are asking that all citizens try to avoid the areas with a high police presence as much as possible. More information will be available at a later time.

Sincerely,

Chief Rex Flowers
Demopolis Police Department

Missing Person Search Underway in Demopolis - Alabama News

ETA: may not be related due to out-of-state agencies being involved, but worth keeping an eye on. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member