TX TX - Michelle Prasek, 12, Spring, 19 Dec 1997

I followed the story of remains found near Michelle's LKA...Montgomery Co Sherriff finally assured me they were not Michelle. Although there is a lot to point to the boyfriend in this case...I have never given up hope that she would show up again someday...perhaps after she had reached 18...21..but so far, nothing. She was my daughters best friend...the yellow tabbey cat she took with her she called Froggy...it was a kitten we had given her. If Michelle is still out there, I hope someday she finds us to let us know she is alive. We miss her and think of her often.

I followed the story of remains found near Michelle's LKA...Montgomery Co Sherriff finally assured me they were not Michelle. Although there is a lot to point to the boyfriend in this case...I have never given up hope that she would show up again someday...perhaps after she had reached 18...21..but so far, nothing. She was my daughters best friend...the yellow tabbey cat she took with her she called Froggy...it was a kitten we had given her. If Michelle is still out there, I hope someday she finds us to let us know she is alive. We miss her and think of her often.

Welcome Texangie. So sorry it's under these circumstances. Thank you for posting. Hoping one day there will be a break in this caee and Michelle is found. How hard for your daughter and your family too, losing her best friend with no answers...makes me really sad...Froggy...:(

Where are you Michelle? :heartbeat:

Has there been an official ID yet on the remains that were found?

This case is local for me. It has always bothered me. The fact that the live-in boyfriend of the mother, Marc Seguin, is a registered sex offender in Jeff Davis County as of 2005 for indecency with a child (age 7) is a red flag if you ask me. Compounded by the Dad saying that Michelle was upset that Seguin was moving in with her and her mother and little sister. Montgomery County needs to take another look at this case with fresh eyes. No answers in 17 years, not one clue??
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t8950.htm

Mom’s live in boyfriend was an RSO—
What’s his current status?

Police do not say he has been ruled out. I'm not as strong on him as a suspect as others are. If he pulled it off without leaving any evidence at all then he must have gotten extremely lucky.

I think it's more likely to be an acquaintance abduction. Remember, there are unknown sex offenders all around too. That would explain her saying she was running away to a specific nearby town....if someone had told her they were going to help her do that/ go there.

There are also 2 other teens who disappeared from montgomery county in late 97 and were never found. I personally think whoever was in charge at the time didn't investigate very well with the mentality that they were all runaways and would come back. That leaves everyone to speculate on all 3 situations without any information but the brief description put out at the time and pure rumor.

Mom’s live in boyfriend was an RSO—
What’s his current status?

Mom's boyfriend is finished serving parole for the conviction in 2005(?). Supposedly he is living in West Texas now.

Other missing persons cases similar to Michelle's:
  • Patricia Marie Small, missing since May 11, 2002, Liberty, TX. Very little info on her case, and authorities say there's "no indication of foul play," but Patricia also disappeared on her way to school.
  • Stephanie Michele Buehler, missing since September 8, 1990, Houston, TX. Disappeared while trying to make the 1/2 mi. walk from her broken-down car to her home.
  • Jane Doe, found on September 8 1992. White female, approximate age anywhere from 15-30. Could have died any time between 1982 and 1992.

Mom's boyfriend is finished serving parole for the conviction in 2005(?). Supposedly he is living in West Texas now.

Other missing persons cases similar to Michelle's:
  • Patricia Marie Small, missing since May 11, 2002, Liberty, TX. Very little info on her case, and authorities say there's "no indication of foul play," but Patricia also disappeared on her way to school.
  • Stephanie Michele Buehler, missing since September 8, 1990, Houston, TX. Disappeared while trying to make the 1/2 mi. walk from her broken-down car to her home.
  • Jane Doe, found on September 8 1992. White female, approximate age anywhere from 15-30. Could have died any time between 1982 and 1992.

Welcome pixelpixel,

I think Stephanie Buehler’s case may be related to Cheryl’s and Andy’s case, jmo:

TX - TX - Cheryl Henry, 22, & Andy Atkinson, 21, Houston, 21 Aug 1990

Police do not say he has been ruled out. I'm not as strong on him as a suspect as others are. If he pulled it off without leaving any evidence at all then he must have gotten extremely lucky.

I think it's more likely to be an acquaintance abduction. Remember, there are unknown sex offenders all around too. That would explain her saying she was running away to a specific nearby town....if someone had told her they were going to help her do that/ go there.

There are also 2 other teens who disappeared from montgomery county in late 97 and were never found. I personally think whoever was in charge at the time didn't investigate very well with the mentality that they were all runaways and would come back. That leaves everyone to speculate on all 3 situations without any information but the brief description put out at the time and pure rumor.

Who were the other two teens who disappeared in ‘97?

I still remember when this happened. I went to school with Michelle and we were in a club together. She was a very sweet girl. I still believe Mark did something to her. Back then we had journals we had daily prompts for in English. It was rumored that for the prompt on our biggest fear, Michelle's response was blood and her mom's boyfriend. Sadly, unless Mark confesses we may never know for certain what happened or where she is. The Woodlands is a large area. Back when this happened, it was heavily wooded and while there's still quite a bit of foliage, there are also a lot more homes that have been built over the area. Wherever she is, I pray she has peace.

It is incredible that there are still no firm clues on this case ... everything indicates that the boyfriend, that dirty rapist and abuser, was responsible ... I hope that one day he will be found and placed in a sacred grave

Michelle Lois Prasek​

• michelle_lois_prasek_1.jpg
  • michelle_lois_prasek_2.jpg
  • michelle_lois_prasek_3.jpg
Michelle, circa 1997; Age-progression to age 25 (circa 2010)
  • Missing Since12/19/1997
  • Missing FromSpring, Texas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth04/13/1985 (37)
  • Age12 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 135 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA tan t-shirt with the Calvin Klein logo "CK" imprinted on the front, jeans and Nike sneakers.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Michelle has a scar or birthmark on the palm of one of her hands.

Details of Disappearance​

Michelle was last seen by her mother, Beth Prasek, at her family's residence on Valerie Lane near The Woodlands, Texas during the morning of December 17, 1997. Beth told authorities that she saw her daughter less than one hour before Michelle's school bus was scheduled to depart, when she left home to take her younger child to day care.

Michelle may have boarded her bus and been on school property that day, but she did not attend classes at Knox Junior High School. She has never been heard from again. A search of her home revealed that her six-month-old orange tabby cat, Froggy, was missing, along with some clothing, a green sleeping bag, and a handmade patchwork quilt.

Several of Michelle's friends told authorities that they were uncertain if she actually arrived on school property the day she disappeared. Another friend maintained that she saw Michelle on campus during the morning hours. Michelle did not have a prior history of running away at the time of her disappearance, but she apparently told a friend she intended to leave her residence and travel to the Conroe, Texas area in December 1997.

Michelle's parents are divorced and she had been attending counseling sessions at Montgomery County Youth Services to help her deal with family issues at the time she vanished. Beth said that Michelle was learning to deal with her anger in 1997. One of Michelle's relatives allegedly failed a polygraph test concerning her disappearance and another loved one reportedly refused to submit to the test. All maintain they know nothing about her whereabouts and continue to search for her.

Marc C. Seguin, a man who had dated Beth, is considered a person of interest in Michelle's disappearance. He failed a polygraph exam about her case. In 2005, Seguin was convicted of indecency with a child and sentenced to ten years' probation. His victim was a seven-year-old girl. He has completed his probation and now lives in Fort Davis, Texas, and is a registered sex offender. He maintains his innocence in Michelle's case.

Beth and her two daughters resided with Seguin in The Woodlands in 1997. Seguin apparently departed the residence for work at approximately 6:30 a.m. on December 19, which was his normal routine. Beth said that she left at 7:30 a.m. to drive Michelle's sister to school. Her mother stated that Michelle was in good spirits at the time. That was the last confirmed sighting of Michelle.

Beth said Michelle asked to spend the night at a friend's residence the day she disappeared. Her mother asked her to learn more about the friend's family and their home before she consented. She said that she assumed Michelle was at her friend's house when she did not return from school on December 19.

Beth called Richard the following morning and asked what he believed she should do next. Richard told authorities that he was surprised Beth did not summon law enforcement immediately after realizing that their eldest daughter had disappeared. Beth called investigators at approximately 12:30 p.m. on December 18.

Michelle and her sister planned to spend the 1997 holidays with Richard in Kingsville, Texas. Beth stated that Michelle overheard her parents arguing on the telephone the night prior to her disappearance. She and Richard were at odds over where the girls would be picked up. Michelle was also angry that Beth was too tired to take her holiday shopping that night. It is not known if these factors are involved in Michelle's disappearance.

Beth and Richard divorced in 1994 and she relocated to Lafayette, Louisiana with the girls. Beth said Michelle detested Louisiana and the family returned to Texas shortly afterwards. Beth said that she assisted with the search effort by distributing posters of her daughter.

Michelle enjoys reading horror novels. It is possible that she left Texas for an unknown destination. Some agencies have classified Michelle's case as that of an endangered runaway. No charges have been filed against anyone in connection with her case. Foul play is suspected in Michelle's disappearance.

Investigating Agency​

• Montgomery County Sheriff's Office 936-760-5800
  • Federal Bureau of Investigation 202-324-3000

Source Information​

Updated 4 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 14, 2017; picture added, details of disappearance updated.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back