Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s an interesting news link on IY detailing all his arrests including one in Kansas. It also names the two individuals who were with him when he was arrested for the kidnapping of the 77 yr old man..the woman who’s still incarcerated and the other male.
Who is Ibraheem Yazeed? Aniah Blanchard kidnapping suspect has arrests in several states
Edited to say it was not the case of the 77 yr old but the case where he and the two others held two men against their will that listed the names of his two cohorts...sorry for the confusion.

Sheesh, this guy really fell through the cracks of the justice system in his favor. He has had so many slaps on the wrists; its incredible he was out walking around free. He must be one of the luckiest criminals.

Here’s an interesting news link on IY detailing all his arrests including one in Kansas. It also names the two individuals who were with him when he was arrested for the kidnapping of the 77 yr old man..the woman who’s still incarcerated and the other male.
Who is Ibraheem Yazeed? Aniah Blanchard kidnapping suspect has arrests in several states
Edited to say it was not the case of the 77 yr old but the case where he and the two others held two men against their will that listed the names of his two cohorts...sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE. This life long criminal has got a free pass all his life. I hope the grandjury that felt sorry for him knows they have blood on there hands.

S

I stated MY opinion. The fact is when you attend school anywhere you don’t always stay on campus. And I was being a bit facetious yet it is quite uncommon for random kidnappings like this to happen. LE believes others are involved. Until we know who, and why, my opinion is everyone should be extra vigilant in Montgomery and Auburn.

Your post made me want to re-link the Auburn crime log. There is an arrest on 11-2 that is interesting. “Obstruction government Operations” I wonder what that means. Auburn University Crime Log

That is quite a lengthy list just looking at four days worth of crimes. Some of it is to be expected like a minor in possession of alcohol etc. Some of it is scarier! Is that just crimes that happened on the Auburn campus mostly involving students? It seems like a lot of incidents.
For your information, I didn't know what "Obstructioning Government Operations" was, so I looked it up!
Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-10-2 | FindLaw

Once they matched the jacket in the footage with the same jacket in his SM profile pic and the other kidnapping criminal history, it was definitely enough for an arrest warrant.

RSBM

One has to wonder if the police have been able to get hold of that jacket and the clothes/shoes Yazeed wore that night.

Has the jacket been drycleaned/washed/disposed of?
Has his mum washed his clothes? :rolleyes:
Have his shoes and clothes been thrown away/buried/burned?
He must have been covered in Aniah's DNA, one would think.

UPDATE: Chief Flowers has confirmed that this IS NOT related to the case of missing 19-year-old Aniah Blanchard.
Alabama News Network
Not sure if this current search is related to this case, but posting here for reference.

Demopolis Police Department
The Demopolis Police Department is currently assisting the FBI and out of state agencies in the search of a missing person in and around the Demopolis area. We are asking that all citizens try to avoid the areas with a high police presence as much as possible. More information will be available at a later time.

Sincerely,

Chief Rex Flowers
Demopolis Police Department

Missing Person Search Underway in Demopolis - Alabama News

ETA: may not be related due to out-of-state agencies being involved, but worth keeping an eye on. MOO

I'm a little behind in the thread (playing catch-up), and apologize if this has already been discussed. In the photo of AB's vehicle in this article, there appears to be something on the ground under the passenger door with a few drops of the substance going towards the tire. I can't tell for certain, but it appears to be blood?:( Can anyone else determine if this possibly dripped from the vehicle? :(

I'm a little behind in the thread (playing catch-up), and apologize if this has already been discussed. In the photo of AB's vehicle in this article, there appears to be something on the ground under the passenger door with a few drops of the substance going towards the tire. I can't tell for certain, but it appears to be blood?:( Can anyone else determine if this possibly dripped from the vehicle? :(
I only see what appears to be stains on the concrete but it is telling that we don’t see the rest of the passenger side of the car. MOO

Auburn is probably the safest place a college kid could be. It sounds like one student of Auburn University has been kidnapped/murder in 2008. I was at Auburn from 1999-2004 and it’s the safest place I’ve ever been.

The location this abduction happened is not on campus. It’s towards the interstate which is usually a sketchy area anywhere.

Painting Auburn as a place you would move in with your child shows you don’t know anything about Auburn.

I don’t know anyone that went to Southern Union nor do I even know where the campus is located. I heard that people that couldn’t get in Auburn would take classes at Southern Union to get grades up.

Please don’t say false things about my alma mater and the loviest village on the plains.
FWIW, I agree with you about Auburn. I’ve lived in many parts of the country, and Auburn is a very special place. That being said, I was there when Lauren Burk was murdered, and it hit everyone hard. My parents were understandably worried. There is much more crime everywhere than most people know about (many neighborhoods have a live police map or bulletin, and I was shocked when I looked at mine recently in a nice, quiet, residential neighborhood a few blocks from an elementary school). Auburn isn’t perfect, and people are right to be worried that this stuff is happening there. But it’s still one of my favorite places in the world.

Sheesh, this guy really fell through the cracks of the justice system in his favor. He has had so many slaps on the wrists; its incredible he was out walking around free. He must be one of the luckiest criminals.

And his female partner in crime is still incarcerated on what appear to be mainly drug charges. Makes no sense. MOO

So, what do you think he was doing for approximately an hour between the text to her roommate and the time her car was identified near I85? Assaulting her??? I feel she did something to tick him off and he snapped and beat her like he did the 77 yr old man. Also his other kidnap victims had items of value—cash, watch, while Aniah probably had nothing of value other than herself. Also, I just can’t fathom him grabbing her for a prostitution ring or sex trafficking although I pray that might be true. Thoughts????

This ABC article addresses the text (actually a Snapchat message) to her roommate, which I found interesting in relation to the timeline.

[...]
Haley-Harris (AB's mother) said the last messages from Blanchard to anyone were to her roommate over Snapchat in which she indicated she was with a guy she had just met. However, her mother does not believe Blanchard sent the Snapchat message because of "terminology" not consistent with her daughter, though she did not share specifics. [...]

Also worth noting from article:
[...]
Her parents said rumors she was going to meet a date on the night she went missing are not true.

"We know that's not true because we were able to get into her accounts," Harris said. "There was no communication with anybody outside of myself and her [mother] through her actual phone. Her social media accounts didn't have any messages. [...]

I cannot imagine the terror this poor girl went through that night. :(

Arrest warrant issued for suspect in college student's disappearance

This ABC article addresses the text (actually a Snapchat message) to her roommate, which I found interesting in relation to the timeline.

[...]
Haley-Harris (AB's mother) said the last messages from Blanchard to anyone were to her roommate over Snapchat in which she indicated she was with a guy she had just met. However, her mother does not believe Blanchard sent the Snapchat message because of "terminology" not consistent with her daughter, though she did not share specifics. [...]

Also worth noting from article:
[...]
Her parents said rumors she was going to meet a date on the night she went missing are not true.

"We know that's not true because we were able to get into her accounts," Harris said. "There was no communication with anybody outside of myself and her [mother] through her actual phone. Her social media accounts didn't have any messages. [...]

I cannot imagine the terror this poor girl went through that night. :(

Arrest warrant issued for suspect in college student's disappearance
No parent should have to go through this!

I just HAVE to think that his DNA wasn’t in the car. If it was idk why they would have asked social media/the public to make a positive ID. There was an article that said SM had him identified in less than an hour. They immediately put out a warrant. I would think if they already knew who he was instead of putting out the photos asking for help on identifying they would have already had the warrant & put out a statement & photos of him being wanted for kidnapping Aniah. Even if their goal was to “flush him out” both of those things would accomplish the same thing. So, I have to think they really didn’t know...bc DNA would have pegged him immediately. I also think they would have accompanied his previous mug shot(s) with the surveillance photos bc they’re not good quality at all. IMO.

I agree 100%. I don’t think they knew who he was until the public ID him.

If they didn't have DNA from the car, which I am now leaning towards.. WHY didnt they?? It had to be there... I mean, this guy wasn't bright so I doubt he didn't leave his trace... So why or how couldnt they have found it... And then why wouldn't they have ran it through the database and gotten his name sooner?
There was probably thousands of DNA profiles in her car. Every friend who has ever been in it, every boyfriend, every family member who may have driven it/been in it, when she got the oil changed, the mechanic who drove it up the ramp, the children she nannied for, their parents, her dog, touch DNA, if she borrowed a sweatshirt or pair of shoes from a friend...many, many thousands of profiles. All mixed together, with no info as to who was the perp and who wasn’t, who had been in the car the day prior or a year ago. I’d be surprised if they’ve even gotten every piece of evidence sequenced yet. His DNA has to be in there.

I think it’s a possibility that he was never in her car at all. Right now he’s only facing kidnapping charges. I think if they could 100% place him in that car, they would also have charged him with stealing the car and possibly injuring her. I think it’s totally possible that someone else drove her car.

That is quite a lengthy list just looking at four days worth of crimes. Some of it is to be expected like a minor in possession of alcohol etc. Some of it is scarier! Is that just crimes that happened on the Auburn campus mostly involving students? It seems like a lot of incidents.
For your information, I didn't know what "Obstructioning Government Operations" was, so I looked it up!
Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-10-2 | FindLaw
Thank you! No I’m certainly curious what someone did to get that charge!

Edited to say it was not the case of the 77 yr old but the case where he and the two others held two men against their will that listed the names of his two cohorts...sorry for the confusion.
Thank you for sharing that article. I had read it without a source on social and wondered where it came from. Now I wonder who he knows in Kansas?

I suspect that even though Alabama collects dna from those arrested, they don’t process every sample. Alabama is a poor state, and I can’t imagine the state is spending what it would take to process the dna of every person arrested in the state. My guess is even if they had his dna from her car, they had not run IY’s dna from his arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88